Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.1

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 10/2/2012 5:19:00 AM

I stumbled upon the skindinavia finishing spray due the fact I have oily skin so I have to wear powder to stop my makeup literally sliding off. At first I was super skeptical as I have had no success with primers so thought this would be a similar story. Well I am glad I gave it ago as it is amazing. The one huge bonus is if you get to carried away with your powder and start looking way too matte it corrects it, and makes you look great. Somehow this product instantly turns your powder into a second skin and not a powdery mess. I am incredibly breakout prone and found this not to irritate my skin or cause any problems. I have recently run out and I am waiting for my new bottle to arrive and I can honestly say that I notice a huge difference not wearing it . You know a product is good if you are desperately waiting for it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love love love this for so many reasons. If you are looking for a way to make your makeup last longer, this is it.
I have primers but find myself not reaching for them as much as this. This is a must-have if you use powder products i.e. powder foundation, mineral foundation. It just melts all the products together and your powder makeup will then look like skin, but set that way.
Even if I am not using a powder product, I use this to 'freeze' my face, and it will last that way all day! This will give me a good 15 hrs wear to my face, and that is with a non-long-wearing fdtn.
It will also freeze eyeshadow really nicely!
I have the bridal version, because it works just as well or better than the original version (without making your face feel like you've put hairspray all over it) and it was a lot cheaper. I got the large bottle for $30! I think the original is double that price.
Plus if I do makeup for a bride, they will feel as though I'm using the appropriate product haha.
Overall, if you are looking for a setting spray, this one works fantastically. I have not used any of the others on the market, but I know that this one and the MUFE one are the forerunners.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 6/27/2012 9:04:00 PM

Doesn't control the oil like it should, I still need to touch up and I don't like the slimy feeling my skin gets, and I can't touch up powder over the top. Plus I still look really oily in photos so I've stopped using it.

on 6/27/2012 5:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love, love, love! My makeup still looks good at the end of the day. I really like the sprayer...it disperses a fine mist unlike other sprays. The price is the only downfall but totally worth it.

on 6/8/2012 2:58:00 AM

I discovered this recently and I am in love with it. I've always had problems making my make up last all day but this has really saved the day. I use this over everything, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizers, and powder foundations. With tinted moisturizers, I usually only get around 3 shine-free hours of wear but with this, I get 8 hours. With foundations, I find that when I use this I don't have to blot mid-day anymore and it's just awesome. Definitely definitely repurchasing.

The packaging is decent too though it could be better. I find that it doesn't spray as easier or evenly as MAC fix plus so I might just transfer mine into my fix plus bottle once I finish it.

on 5/4/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Much like Urban Decay All Nighter (made by the same company) this is a waste of money. If you REALLY want your makeup to seriously last then try Ben Nye Final Seal or Model in a Bottle setting sprays, they're cheaper & actually work. I went to a rave for New Years & several other events where you're up dancing for hours & sweating & this honestly didn't hold up, my makeup never stayed as well with this then my other sprays. I mean this sprays really fine & it's refreshing but it almost just feels like water. It doesn't make your makeup transfer, water, or rub resistant. Sure your makeup will stay on maybe a bit longer with this then without but not by much. The only good things about it is that it feels very refreshing (it sprays a very fine mist), it makes your makeup look less powdery/makeup-ey & more like skin (much like Fix +), doesn't feel heavy, drying, or shelacked but it just doesn't cut it for me, wouldn't buy it again

on 4/24/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Magic in a bottle!! A friend was given the Bridal version for a bridesmaid gift for a wedding she was in. I tried it for a girls night out and I am in love!! I ended up buying the Makeup Finishing Spray and I use it for work and my makeup stays on all day and I bring this with me for weddings and parties esp when I'll be dancing the night away. It's a light spray and feels great going on. My make up doesn't move. LOVE love love!

on 3/28/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i had high hopes about this product because of all the great things i heard bout it but this didnt really do anything for me. it made my skin feel tight and i didnt see any difference in the lasting time of my make up.

on 3/14/2012 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff, and I love it! I ordered the 2 oz bottle from their website, and received a 4 oz bottle at no extra charge because they ran out of 2 oz bottles. Score! I have pretty normal skin: no acne, no oil problems, etc. I really don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do use a silicone based primer under my powder foundation. I apply all of my makeup, then at the very end, I set it with 2-3 sprays. It won't keep your skin from getting shiny/oily, but it will add a little more mileage to your makeup. I apply my makeup at 5:30am, and even 12 hours later, it still looks good. My only complaint is with the price of the product, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This just rocks! I do not even notice it on me, it does not change anything about my makeup except exceptional staying power. I use a not very long lasting foundation, Smashbox HD, and I have never had a problem, as so many others have, with it staying on because I always spray this on once I have put on all of my makeup. It is just something I will always have. I have been using it for about 2 years, tried a few ones like it, but this is the best.