Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 4/24/2011 7:35:00 PM

This Foundation is fabulous it leaves my skin looking flawless and it lasts the whole day. It takes a bit of practice to work with the brushes and get the right amount of coverage you are looking for. It washes off easily as well.

My only complaint is that all the little pots are the same and you have to open and close about 4-5 pots to do your face including eye makeup. I would probably buy it again but if something came along that didn't involve faffing around with little pots I would go for it.

on 4/14/2011 6:34:00 AM

I was looking for some good foundation for my combination skin (oily T zone and dry flaky cheeks) for quite a while now, and after no luck with liquid foundations, I decided to give minerals a try.
First I didn't like it that much because although it was perfect on the oily parts of my skin, I still had flaky dry cheeks. But then I came across Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and it totally changed the way makeup looks on my skin, after using the microfoliant, I use my moisturiser and then this foundation and my skin is flawless and the makeup looks sooo natural... love the Dermalogica Microfoliant, buy it! :)
So now I have this foundation in MEDIUM and I bought the matte version in light as well and what I do every morning is I mix 2 parts of medium with one part light matte and this works wonders on my face, not too glowy, not too matte, just perfect. I'm amazed how much coverage it gives me, hides red cheeks instantly and using a small firm brush locally on blemishes, it makes them totally disappear. Btw I have the Well rested concealer as well and LOVE IT, would recommend to anybody.

Some people say this foundation doesn't provide enough cover, but it's because they use the wrong brush!! BEST BRUSH TO USE WITH THIS FOUNDATION is definetly the BIONIC FLAT TOP BUFFER BRUSH from Coastal Scents, it's sooo soft, literally like feathers on your skin, no hair fall out al all - and I washed it many many times already, and because it's flat, it helps to provide perfect coverage, you'll love it! You can buy it here, they deliver worldwide http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2161_37/bionic-flat-top-buffer-brush.cfm

So I hope my review helped you, thank you Bare Escentuals, thak you Dermalogica Microfoliant and thank you Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush for making my face look sooooo good :))))

on 3/30/2011 4:10:00 PM

Ive given this a chance for like 3 years and i really hate it. It makes my skin itchy, dry, and it smells weird. Plus its super mesy and expensive I have nothing good to say about it. Plus its super pricey not worth it at all!

on 3/16/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Even though Bare Minerals is kinda messy and on the expensive side, I definitely find myself buying it every time I run out...

I always want to try new foundations, but I always come back to bare minerals. I love that it is EXTREMELY light, has AMAZING coverage, and is actually good for your skin! I also love how this product is safe to "accidentally" sleep in (I know it's not good for your skin, but it has definitely happened to me....). The best part about that <--- is, when I wake up in the morning, I don't have make-up swears all over my pillow and my face isn't going crazy and breaking out!

Love bare minerals! Great coverage, good for your skin, and overall a product that I think I will alway go back to!

on 2/20/2011 10:50:00 PM

Didn't feel like it did anything for me. I can use mineral foundation without this and my makeup lasts the same and looks the same.

on 2/20/2011 11:11:00 AM

i luv it! i use medium beige, my skin is combination, light-medium olive, cool tone i think. it's flawless especially and even after long hrs of wearing just gets better. it doesn't makes my skin looks flaky which usually happen when i use other kind of foundations. 1st few times i use it , i didnt like it much i think cuz it kinda irritating my skin , but then later i try to use as lil as i could and just blend everywhere then i skin luv it.

on 11/13/2010 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although mineral veil makes me look lighter & tinted mineral veil is too dark. I probably will end up re purchasing. I always seem to go back to this. it's good if your foundation is a bit dark & you want to even it out. it also seems to last along with me using milk of magnesia to control my extremely oily skin. other then that it's a love/hate relationship with this for me

on 11/5/2010 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Looks pretty when makeup artists put it on for you, but when you do it yourself... ack. It takes forever to buff it, and it doesnt really cover. The thing is that its lighter than your acne by a little, so it appears like it covers. But really, its obvious your wearing foundation and looks like an embarrassing bump. Its light so it doesn't feel like you're wearing it most of the time, but in reality you have to layer everything so its cakey and hard to take off. And its SO expensive. More expensive than clinique! Also it makes skin look powdery. Like you're older, not like a powder-perfect-foundation type look. And it causes breakouts! The brushes and foundation etc require more care than they're worth. I won't buy this again.

EDIT: I found out from a website that there's only like 5 ingredients. The first ingredient is corn starch! If you put corn starch on your face it'll do the same thing this mineral veil does. Such a waste of money.

on 10/29/2010 9:55:00 AM

I didn't really care for the mineral veil. I've tried the regular mineral veil and also the hydrating mineral veil because I have dry skin. I generally like most Bare Escentuals products, but I just didn't like this very much. I used it as a finishing powder but I feel that it really didn't do anything for me. Also, the hydrating mineral veil did not hydrate my skin at all. They both kinda made me look paler than what I am and it also didn't last long. I think it's a pretty useless product and have since switched to MUFE HD microfinishing powder which I LOVE!!

on 9/5/2010 6:28:00 AM

I really didn't like this as a finishing powder. I use the BE matte foundation and concealer on a daily basis. Tried to add this to my daily makeup routine but it looks strange on me. It's supposed to be translucent, but somehow my face gets a weird white cast whenever I apply this over my foundation. Don't think it's my application, since I use a mineral kabuki brush and an light hand to apply this after foundation. Also, I usually do get shiny after a couple hours, and this did nothing to control shine or minimize the look of my pores. I'll admit, It did make my face look a little smoother or "finished." But IMO, my makeup without this veil over it looks a lot more natural-looking and nicer. For the record, I'm on the golden/fair side. But I'm not the only one with this problem.. my friend who is on the tanner/medium side gets the same white cast in photos. Still on the search for another finishing powder.. but I def. won't repurchase this.