October 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has only 2 ingredients listed: dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Talc. However is IS HEAVILY FRAGRANCED--BUT FRAGRANCE/PERFUME IS NOT LISTED ON THE LABLE!!! It is made in Germany, so maybe their labeling requirements are different than in the USA. I am extremely allergic to fragrance, but, because ALL the packaging SPECIFICALLY STATED that there were only the 2 ingredients (and not perfume), I tried it anyway--telling myself I was being paranoid. NOPE!! I broke out in an itchy rash all over my face w/i 5-10 mins.

I'm sure this is a great product if you don't have an allergy to fragrance, but if you do--STAY CLEAR!! The ingredient list on the packaging is NOT CORRECT!! Just warning you, so the same thing doesn't happen to somebody else!!

UPDATE: I just gave the backup of this product (I'd purchased 2) to a friend, and her jar had a label on the bottom that listed parfum as a/the third ingredient. My jar didn't have that!! AND, it's NOT listed on the outer packaging, nor on any of the sales sites I researched.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best powder for those with oily skin, I have tried many powders and am currently using MAC blot powder and their loose powder but nothing takes care of my oily skin and allows my makeup to last as this one from Kryolan. I had to order mine from Ebay but without a doubt I will repurchase. My foundation use to slide off by noon if I was lucky but with this powder my make up lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MeghanGrisGre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is super oily and this is the only thing that controls it! I have tried tons of primers, powders, etc., but this is the miracle product! Controls oil for hours and is completely translucent. I ran across this product while scanning this website and I'm so glad I did. HG!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by littledebbie105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I trully believe this is an awesome product for someone who isn't acne prone. I broke out so bad after using it...I have had the occasional pimple here and there after my accutane treatment (earlier this year) but after using this oh my gosh...I broke out horribly... don't recommend if you are acne-prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by domishopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product! I have very oily skin and this powder used together with Clinique's Pore Minimizer Shine Control Serum keeps me matte for the entire day. For me this routine is so effective that when I sometimes do not put anything on my face for a few hours, I am really surprised by how much sebum my skin produces. In other words, it makes me forget about my greasy face, which is a blessing, since judging by my mum's skin I will be stuck with seriously oily skin well into my fifties!
It keeps my make-up in place and if I do fancy going out in the evening after a whole day out, I can just simply powder my nose and avoid re-doing my face all over again! It lasts for absolute ages, making it very good value for money. I should mention that it contains talc, but I did not suffer from any break-outs because of it.
Give it a try and if you do not like it, you can always sell it onto me! This powder really is wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by megathon

I am so, so disappointed in how this product worked for me. I have super oily skin and have tried everything to get it under control (oil control lotion, toners, facial masks, primers, powders, and any combination of these things with different foundations), but nothing has worked. This was no exception, regardless of how much or how little I put on. It keeps me from looking shiny for maybe an hour after I put my make up on (granted, I'd typically look shiny in about half an hour), which isn't that helpful. The one positive thing about it is it doesn't look like I have powder on my face after I apply it (even if I accidentally put too much on)--the finish is really natural.
Edit: I've found that this does work for me if and only if I do the following: apply it over my moisturizer/under my primer, apply it again over my foundation, and once again over my make-up setting spray. I don't think that I should have to put that much effort in for the amount of money that I paid for this (as baby powder has the same effect and takes the same amount of effort). I definitely wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by asianbarbie0917

This is an awesome product! At 16 my skin is insanely easy and prone to breakouts. However this has done wonders for it! I dont see any shine through and and my face is matte all day. It gives a nice smooth feeling to ur skin and is completely translucent. My only problem is that if u have a dry spot it may accentuate it. but with exfoliation its not a problem. i've fallen in love with this product. It is truly the best loose powder out there :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I realize now that my skin is extremely way over the top oily! It is a blessing in disguise because at 42, I don't have wrinkles. Anyway, I so wanted this powder to work for me. It did control the oil for approximately one hour longer than with other powders but so far, the best powder I've used for controlling my oilies has been cornsilk pressed powder. Unfortunately, Sally Hansen has discontinued this wonderful powder. Kryolan anti shine powder goes on similar to MUFE HD powder in that it does give your skin a luminous finish. I would not repurchase this powder but I'm glad I have it in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Marilakj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, another MUA success story! I bought this powder on ebay for $23 after reading the astonishingly positive reviews on this board even though I was majorly strapped for cash at the time. I was soo hoping that this would live up to the hype and be able to control the shine. I was basically looking for a product that would control my uber-oily skin for 6-8 hrs. I hate blotting/touchups in the middle of my day. And this really delivers!!! I can put my makeup on in the morning and not have to blot my face until 8 hrs later! The only thing is that the powder can give you a slightly whitish/fake look when you first apply but you can easily spray some fix + or wait for 20-30 and you'll end up with the perfect natural-not shiny- glow. It does minimize pores and imperfections but there isn't much coverage. I use over concealer and Rimmel recover primer and I'm good to go! Would def recommend to girls with really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Someone please tell me what was in this powder that tore my face up. After a few weeks of using this, it is almost as if I woke up and my face had twenty something pimples on it. OK--Maybe not twenty..but way too many considering I usually only get one a month. I was really hoping I had found my HG powder with all the great reviews! Of course, I should have known, I would be the exception to the rule. A little about my skin--oily, sensitive, and like a said, a pimple or two a month. I may give it another try once my face settles down just to make sure this was the ONLY culprit. But, for now, I am pretty sure this is the main reason my face ended up looking like a tragic mess.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No