December 21, 2014 | 864 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by shelbych123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my number one beauty product. I have been using this for about a year now and I will never go back to any other powder. The great thing about it for me is that I can wear the same color all year round. (medium dark) I don't know why, but it blends perfectly with my dark tan skin during the summer, and my light flushed skin during other seasons. Another good thing is that I can wear it over ANY foundation and it makes it look beautiful. I can also just wear it alone (with a little concealer under my eyes) and my skin looks perfect and natural. It covers acne and acne scars. The price is a little high but I am willing to pay it for this wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

The reason why I love this product is because of the color, I'm an nc37/40 naturally tan but my face is naturally really red while the rest of my body has olive undertones. I like how this evens out my skin tone and looks very natural. I am having issues with the packaging, the compact sucks. No mirror, no compartment for the applicator and after multiple uses the powder gets hard and its difficult to pick up any color. I still adore this powder and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by kimigirl14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my SFF and it does a good job doing that. I could never wear this alone though, I have redness in my skin and this is too sheer. When I swirl my brush around it, some powder tends to scatter, but I guess thats normal. I love the natural finish although it does nothing for oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ARMARTINEZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again I'm reading these reviews and it honestly makes me laugh a little. Make up is NOT magic. It is just for enhancing purposes. People expect way too much out of products that can only do so much. Everyone has different skin and the way I see it, your make up will only look as good as you want it to be if your skin is taken care of. You cannot expect ONE powder product to magically make you look flawless. I am a make up artist. I know what products work best for each person I am working with. This powder is incredibly for a drier skin type...not so much oily. It is a mineral powder so it is NOT powdery looking it is very silky and hydrating to the skin. It is buildable so you can keep building it for added coverage. I just use it on top of my foundation to set it. It is great by itself on top of moisturizer and primer. I love this product and will always use it. The best powder for a normal-dry skin type.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think I expected the wrong thing from this product. I wanted a powder to seal in my foundation but I also wanted a powder I could wear over a tinted moisturizer for days when I didn't want to wear heavy makeup. It's a bit too sheer for me. However it's very fine and gives a smooth finish. There are also bits of glitter which I find are a teensy bit too chunky (I have an old pot of L'Oreal Translucide which gives a finer, smoother finish). I wanted to escape the mess of a loose powder but although MSFN is great over makeup I can't use it any other way which is a negative for me because for that money I want it to work in lots of ways for me.

Also, I've been using it for a week now and have two hard pimples on my cheek :/ I'm bummed because I'd heard so many good things!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was NW20/15 in the summer, I used this as a contour and bronzer. I liked how buildable it was, and easy to manipulate. However, now that it is late in the year and I am NW10, it is too dark and orange for my skin. BuhBye MSFN!

Edit: Tried using as a contour powder again. Got alot of feedback that it is just far too orange for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMakeupLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Goes on nicely with an even, natural finish.
I have combination skin that's prone to an oily t zone throughout the day. This product wont keep you oil free all day (is there a powder out there that does on an oily skin?) but because it looks natural you can happily touch up when needed and not look like a horrendous, cakey monster.
Its a bit expensive in my opinion, but I like the consistency and colour..so Ill keep buying it for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I only use this because i'm pregnant and needed something affordable to throw on quick on those days i feel like crap and don't feel like doing my makeup lol. I don't understand all the hooplah this product gets because it's not all that and there are waaaay better powder products on the market that are well suited for more of a multitude of complexions and undertones. For this to suit me better it needs more yellow...needs to not oxidize slightly...and a tiny bit more coverage. I ain't complaining too much because it does what i need it to do for the meantime. I do like how it doesn't feel heavy and cakey though..that's a plus. I won't re-purchase once i'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by JG1507

I found this powder to be oily on my skin. It gives good coverage, however i find that after the end of the day my T Zone gets oily. I have combination skin and NW25 for reference. Definitely looking for another powder..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as setting powder over my studio fix fluid in NC44. NC44's are usually put in medium deep but I don't have orange undertones so medium deep is too dark. However this shade is perfect and gives me a little dimension after applying the matte finish of the studio fix. I apply it with my mac 182 kabuki for a lot of coverage or with my mac 187 for light coverage.