Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

2.4

on 11/11/2010 5:12:00 PM

A complete nightmare! Did nothing for my lashes, and was impossible to get off. I had black rings under my eyes that wouldn't budge.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG mascara. I've tried many brands and nothing compares to 3D extremes. It lengthens & thickens without clumping. I've repurchased atleast three or four times.

on 10/17/2010 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

PROS: this mascara is very comparable to too faced lash injection pinpoint in that both have a short bristled wand and a thick formula but at a much cheaper price.
when i first tried this product i was amazed at how full and thick my lashes looked but after a month of use it would start getting really clumpy and so i would just repurchase.

CONS: ive repurchased this item 5 times because i love the brush so much but it just dries out so fast seeing as the formula is already very thick and dry to begin with. i guess its just the formula thats bad but i figured out the trick to it.

TIP: ive been using the brush with other creamier mascaras and it gives my lashes an amazing full yet very natural look not clumpy at all! and every so often i wash the brush so that the old dried up mascara that gets caught in the bristles comes out as well and doesnt clump your lashes :) so just buy it once and keep the wand and if u hav a mascara with a good formula but bad wand use this one instead!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This isn't the worst mascara in the world, but Revlon, come on! I have yet to see them make a useful mascara. All this contains is clumps and heaviness. Extreme is right... just not in a good way. I'd say extreme spider lashes.

on 9/26/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Of all the drug store mascaras I've tried, this by far as to be my lease favorite. I have a thing for trying a bunch of diff. mascaras and nothing beats maybelline mascaras. I decided to try this as it was buy one get one free and it came in a double pack at the time. The packaging is nice but that's probably the only great thing about it. It comes out clumpy and it goes on clumpy. I have short eye lashes and this does not help at all. It just makes my eye lashes stick out straight and flat. No volume and it just looks gross on my lashes. Def. would NOT recc. this stuff.

on 9/26/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am VERY disappointed with the reviews on this mascara! I LOVE it. I was at Ulta, and I had to get a new mascara. Revlon had this sale, so I picked up this mascara on the whim. I got home, tried it, and LOVED it. I use the flat side first to lengthen my lashes, then the other side to define my lashes. I love this product and would repurchase it.

on 9/23/2010 3:22:00 PM

I bought this on clearance at Target, because it was cheap, packaged with a teal Colorstay eyeliner, and didn't contain anything I'm allergic to. My first impression upon opening it is that I had gotten a bad mascara that had already dried out.The formula is VERY dry. However, I didn't detect any odor indicating it was bad and decided to give it a shot.

I was actually pleasantly surprised. I'm not quite sure how a formula this thick and dry manages to work so well, but it does. It's far from 'holy grail' material, but it does the job. It lengthens quite well, but I can see how it could give the 'spider legs' effect if used by someone new at makeup.

The wand is small, with longer bristles on two opposing sides and very very short bristles on the sides in between. If you're someone who likes really big wands, this might not be for you. However, I think this wand is very easy to work with, especially if you have smaller eyes.

If you find it on sale and packaged with another item like I did, I'd definitely give this a shot.

on 9/19/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm very disappointed in all of the bad reviews! I LOVE this product and it has to be one of my favorite go-to mascaras! I have short, asian eyelashes and I've found that this mascara holds the curl (after I curl my eyelashes of course) the longest. I will admit that taking it off without an oil-based makeup remover is tough but I love this product just the same! Maybe it works only for people with very short lashes?

on 8/17/2010 1:48:00 PM

I am also surprised by the low ratings for the Revlon 3D mascara. I always make sure to have extra tubes on hand of this stuff. I love it. It does get clumpy but that IS the best part. Ok, I'm married 34 yrs to a great guy, but when I go out when I am wearing this stuff, I get more compliments on my blue eyes from men its not even funny. They do look great with this mascara. It does look like you are actually wearing great false lashes. I've tried practically every mascara on the market, this is by far my favorite mascara ever. I put on the Revlon "Twist "n something" on first (the red tube) and then this mascara. Great lashes!!!!

on 8/16/2010 10:52:00 AM

This product looks very nice when you first put it on, but as soon as you wear it for a bit it flakes and runs and makes you look like a racoon. i would not recommend this product to anyone and certainly would not buy it again!!!!!!!!!

Popular Mascaras