October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many who have gone before me, I am pale w a rosacea-pink nose. The green cover ups only managed to give me a green nose until someone at Ulta introduced me to this product. She said it is made to be mixed w foundation. Well, I have a concoction I mix up in my hand every am and makes my face look flawless. I use a mixture of neutralizer, COTZ spf 57 suncreen, Suki color and Suki moisturizer. I put it on w a Suki puff. I have something that is perfect for my skin - it is a little more than a tinted moisturizer because the sunscreen has zinc & titanium dioxide which gives it some "weight" yet it is much lighter than foundation. It looks just like skin and no redness! I can add more neutralizer on days when I am redder.

I have only had the pump problem once and since I squirt it in my palm it wasn't a problem when it went a little wild. Since then I have been shaking the bottle and have not had another episode. I will definitely repurchase. I like that it is oil-free too. I have been using it for about 2 months - no break out probs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was great to look in a mirror mid-afternoon and see calm, even-toned skin. I found this for $30 at Ulta. You only need a little product so it will last a while. I wish it had SPF in it, but I have a feeling that would make the product less effective and/or irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

This stuff is great. I mix it with a bit of tinted moisturizer (about half and half), so it doesn't look too yellow, before applying it all over my face. It's an excellent alternative to heavy foundation and with this, I may never buy foundation again. Half a pump+ an equal amount of tinted moisturizer is usually enough for me. If you mix it with a cream foundation, I find it to be a little too matte. A tinted moisturizer adds more of a healthy glow to the skin. Coupled with concealer where you need it and your regular makeup, it makes my skin close to flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this stuff. More than I ever imagined I would. I have been gravitating toward yellow-based products lately (I always considered that my coloring was neutral toward cool, but maybe this is changing), and had had some luck with Benefit's Bluff Dust and Bluff stick. It never really occurred to me until recently that I had a problem with redness. I am very pale, and I guess I always thought that the most important thing was for me to "brighten up" (trans: "pinken up"). Not so. I couldn't believe the difference this product made to the way my face looks in general. Sometimes when I put it on, I almost forget to put my foundation over it, the color pigment is so strong. Getting rid of the "red" that I never knew was a problem really makes my face into a totally different canvas. I look entirely more elegant and put-together when I wear this. My one complaint--the packaging is absolutely crap. The pump acts as a powerful squirt bottle under pressure--you press the pump, and the product flies. I have gotten it all over the place, little dots of it. I have solved this by putting the pump right up into my foundation brush, but still, it would be nice if the packaging were actually functional. I have had such luck with this product that I can't even take a lippy away for the packaging, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good product for getting rid of the redness in your face. I have mild rosacea and this product really does hide it well. I was shocked when the Sephora girl put it on. The redness was gone! It has worked just as well at home.

Now some tips for those that are getting chalky. You are using too much product. You should not even be using a full pump per application. Add it to your moisturizer to help it go further when you are applying it. You should not actually see it when it is applied. You only notice that your redness is gone. Don't think of it as a primer, think of it as a corrector. You do not need a ton of product.

Good luck, ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by mkpurple

This neutralizer actually has a lot of color in a little bit, and so makes quite a difference in coloring. I am very fair, so the color is all right, but I would not recommend this product for darker skin tones as the pigment is very light and not sheer. Also, it does accentuate dry patches and can look cakey or flakey if the skin is not moisturized enough. A little goes a LONG way; the pump dispenses way too much product, and if applied all over the face, or even on most of it you can look pretty washed out. However, I mix this with moisturizer, which has turned out to be great. It covers redness or even a blemish where I need it, and never dries funny when mixed with moisturizer. The oil-free factor is nice, and the bottle should last a long time, as only a tiny bit is needed to make a difference. Overall, I would say it is a good purchase, once you learn how to use it in the best way for your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by girliegirl08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This formula went on smoothly but turned into a powder like consistency when it dried. It looked as gross as it felt. A relatve no longer wanted it and hoped I'd have better luck with it, but that was a no go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had a red face. I had a problem with acne when I was a teenager, and even though a round of Accutane has now kept my skin clear for seven years...my face is still red, and I still find myself globbing on foundation to cover the redness.

I've also recently been diagnosed as having Lupus SLE, and for those that may not know...with Lupus comes a malar ("butterfly") red rash across the cheeks and nose. Mine is fairly faint, but still enough to make me feel self-conscious when it appears.

So, needless to say, I was searching for a good concealer/foundation/cover-up for this when I stumbled upon Lorac's Neutralizer. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, as I felt like I had tried everything else.

I absolutely must give this product five stars. Why? Because it does exactly what it promises- it neutralizes my skin. It's very very very thin in texture, so it lets my real skin still shine through. It doesn't make me look washed-out or "dead".

I apply it after my Tarte Makeup Primer. After I apply the LORAC Neutralizer, I add a bit of Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer and finish with a dusting of Nars Loose Powder. Voila! That's it. My red rashy skin is gone without me having to use two inches of foundation, as I was doing previously.

I love this stuff, and I will definitely re-purchase!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by conogirl

ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE PUMP! AGAIN - DO NOT USE THE PUMP! (It's a mess waiting to happen and one you don't want to clean up.) I didn't have the color problems because my skin is similar in color to the product. I have rosacea on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin, so I got tired of caking on mineral powder that didn't truly hide the redness. This product can be used as a makeup primer, concealer or foundation (if you're pale like me). I don't recommend using this over a silicone based primer because both of the products together are just too heavy and can cause breakouts. I recommend patting the product over your redness until you achieve the desired consistency. You can also mix this with your regular moisturizer to created a tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As everyone has said, this product really does take away the redness. Just don't use too much all over because then you risk looking like you're ill. Also, I tend not to use this product in my T-zone b/c it does make that area more oily.

I have light-med skin w/yellow undertones; super-oily.