Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

on 9/5/2008 2:07:00 PM

Great brush for use at home; I wish it was available in a smaller size for travel. Gets rid of any tangles and makes my hair straight just with one brush through.

on 9/2/2008 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. It's one of my staple brushes. It is great for blow drying medium to longer hair straight. It will also last forever.

on 8/12/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Aveda and since I had read great reviews here, I wanted to try this brush. I really like it. It is easy to maneuver, lightweight yet sturdy, and really helps create a great blowout. $17.00 is a lot for a brush, but when it is good brush, such as this one, it actually turns out to be a bargain because I no longer have to keep buyng cheaper ones trying to find a good one.

on 8/12/2008 12:04:00 AM

This brush is so great! It detangles my thick hair perfectly, without breaking or pulling, and even smooths down the frizz a bit. I love how it feels against my scalp, too. :)
I am probably in the minority here, but I really don't think $17 is that bad for a quality hair brush. It's FAR cheaper than any Mason Pearson brushes, that's for sure.

on 7/19/2008 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Let me first say i have unrelaxed hair. I brought it because my hair stylist said i needed a paddle brush to wrap my hair after it was pressed out. It was great for that...my hair was smooth and no tangles. Now once I washed my hair and it wasn't straight I tried it again. Now my hair is like 3c/4a and this brush was perfect for detangling. Way less shedding than any other brush I've used. It causes no discomfort and I'm "tender-headed". Now I know $17 is a lot for a brush, but it is so worth it. So relaxed or natural this brush is a must have.

on 6/6/2008 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really couldn't believe I found myself in my local Aveda store buying a brush for $17US, but I have to thank the reviewers before me as this is hands down the greatest brush ever. I have hair that is almost curly--very, very wavy when air-dried(and looks like crud that way), so blowdrying and straightening is a must if I'm going anywhere. This is the ONLY brush I've ever had that allowed me to blow dry and walk out the door without straightening. My split ends look polished, and it gives me lovely volume though I never use volume products. I do live in Texas, but I'm not a big-Texas- hair-gal, this is just healthy, flowing volume I'm talking about. I am going to buy my daughter one this weekend, which will mean I will have invested nearly $40 bucks on two brushes, and though I can be cheap, I consider this a fabulous investment. Would rebuy in a heartbeat.Hope I can hold onto this one, though--I did say I was cheap!! lol

Best. Brush. Ever. Worth it!

on 4/9/2008 4:47:00 PM

Perfect brush for my long fine hair. Great to use to blow dry straight too. Very expensive in Australia ($50.00) The only complaint i have is the lacquer is starting to chip off the wood. Other than that, it great!

on 3/24/2008 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the glowing reviews on this brush, I just had to try it. This brush really does live up to it's expectations! I have really dry, damaged, long, thick, coarse hair, and this brush works miracles on it! It smooths and detangles instantly, and feels sooo nice on my scalp. Doesn't pull or tug needless to say, it doesn't hurt at all! It pulls out less than half as much hair as my old Conair brushes - I REFUSE to brush my hair with any other brush. The drawback is the price- a whopping $33 freaking dollars here in Canada!!! Luckily I was abel to get mine in Seattle for 22.. but it's still obscene. Worth it though! Thank you Aveda for creating such a miracle brush! This makes brushing my hair an enjoyable experience!

on 2/8/2008 11:08:00 PM

This is a great paddle brush. It holds up nicely; I've had mine for almost 3 years. Smooths my fine, fly-away hair.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Derma Roller
Foreo - Luna
the sponge
Mia
Baby Foot

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette

Top Rated Aveda Products