April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by christinedyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is so great! It detangles my thick hair perfectly, without breaking or pulling, and even smooths down the frizz a bit. I love how it feels against my scalp, too. :)
I am probably in the minority here, but I really don't think $17 is that bad for a quality hair brush. It's FAR cheaper than any Mason Pearson brushes, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by NettabooNOLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me first say i have unrelaxed hair. I brought it because my hair stylist said i needed a paddle brush to wrap my hair after it was pressed out. It was great for that...my hair was smooth and no tangles. Now once I washed my hair and it wasn't straight I tried it again. Now my hair is like 3c/4a and this brush was perfect for detangling. Way less shedding than any other brush I've used. It causes no discomfort and I'm "tender-headed". Now I know $17 is a lot for a brush, but it is so worth it. So relaxed or natural this brush is a must have.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really couldn't believe I found myself in my local Aveda store buying a brush for $17US, but I have to thank the reviewers before me as this is hands down the greatest brush ever. I have hair that is almost curly--very, very wavy when air-dried(and looks like crud that way), so blowdrying and straightening is a must if I'm going anywhere. This is the ONLY brush I've ever had that allowed me to blow dry and walk out the door without straightening. My split ends look polished, and it gives me lovely volume though I never use volume products. I do live in Texas, but I'm not a big-Texas- hair-gal, this is just healthy, flowing volume I'm talking about. I am going to buy my daughter one this weekend, which will mean I will have invested nearly $40 bucks on two brushes, and though I can be cheap, I consider this a fabulous investment. Would rebuy in a heartbeat.Hope I can hold onto this one, though--I did say I was cheap!! lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

Best. Brush. Ever. Worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rachcherrie

Perfect brush for my long fine hair. Great to use to blow dry straight too. Very expensive in Australia ($50.00) The only complaint i have is the lacquer is starting to chip off the wood. Other than that, it great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading the glowing reviews on this brush, I just had to try it. This brush really does live up to it's expectations! I have really dry, damaged, long, thick, coarse hair, and this brush works miracles on it! It smooths and detangles instantly, and feels sooo nice on my scalp. Doesn't pull or tug needless to say, it doesn't hurt at all! It pulls out less than half as much hair as my old Conair brushes - I REFUSE to brush my hair with any other brush. The drawback is the price- a whopping $33 freaking dollars here in Canada!!! Luckily I was abel to get mine in Seattle for 22.. but it's still obscene. Worth it though! Thank you Aveda for creating such a miracle brush! This makes brushing my hair an enjoyable experience!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great paddle brush. It holds up nicely; I've had mine for almost 3 years. Smooths my fine, fly-away hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shelllly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my 2nd paddle brush. The first one I bought at a salon which carried Aveda at the mall several years ago - I didn't go there often for services, but bought all my Aveda products. Eventually, the brush handle started to chip away (water damage?), so I tossed it in my junk drawer.

I got another one in December when Aveda was having the special - buy two large size Shampure/Shampure Conditioner, get paddle brush free. So, I'm back to loving the paddle brush again - keeping it away from any water hazard! Would buy again - glad this one was free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by dac68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this brush based on the MUA reviews and I must say that this is the BEST paddle brush I have ever used and I have tried many! It does not get tangled up in my hair like other brushes do. I am not happy with the price but I would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really never thought id appreciate a brush as much as i do with this one. i have long fine hair that knots up if the wind blows and this is tough enough to get thru my tangles but gentle enough not to rip any hair out in the process. it leaves my hair feeling soft &silky, without static. the bristles dont scratch my scalp at all, it actually feels like a massage! i use this everytime i come out of the shower and take it with me whenever i travel. what i really love about this brush is that the bristles dont have those annoying plastic balls on the tips.. you know, the ones that are supposed to help make cheap brushes feel better, but pop off over time? i dont have to worry about it snagging my clothes if i throw it in a duffel bag. the wood paddle is strong and can handle alot of abuse so its comes handy when u need to keep your boyfriend in check. lol jk but this brush lasts for years. do they make a smaller version to toss in a purse?