Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

I love this brush! My old brush was cheap and snagged my hair so I decided I needed an upgrade. I came across this brush and I'm in love with it. It is great for detangling my mess of hair in the morning. I have long and thick hair that gets tangled easily... despite how straight it is. The balls at the end of the bristles are great for a head massage.

I bought this brush because I remembered that I had one years ago that I really liked. Unfortunately, I got this one home, brushed my hair with it once, and one of the plastic bristles came out immediately. I have smooth, baby fine hair, so it's not like there was any pulling at tangles going on. This really irritates me. Why is everything such poor quality now?

If I thought it would stop at one, I would keep it, but now I feel like they will probably all fall out, so I'm returning it. Eighteen bucks goes a long way at Trader Joe's!

The quest for the perfect paddle brush goes on.

I have had this brush since 2003! Pretty impressive! I voted I will buy this brush again, but given its track record, I don't believe I will need to for a LONG LONG TIME!

Great brush for use at home; I wish it was available in a smaller size for travel. Gets rid of any tangles and makes my hair straight just with one brush through.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. It's one of my staple brushes. It is great for blow drying medium to longer hair straight. It will also last forever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Aveda and since I had read great reviews here, I wanted to try this brush. I really like it. It is easy to maneuver, lightweight yet sturdy, and really helps create a great blowout. $17.00 is a lot for a brush, but when it is good brush, such as this one, it actually turns out to be a bargain because I no longer have to keep buyng cheaper ones trying to find a good one.

This brush is so great! It detangles my thick hair perfectly, without breaking or pulling, and even smooths down the frizz a bit. I love how it feels against my scalp, too. :)
I am probably in the minority here, but I really don't think $17 is that bad for a quality hair brush. It's FAR cheaper than any Mason Pearson brushes, that's for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Let me first say i have unrelaxed hair. I brought it because my hair stylist said i needed a paddle brush to wrap my hair after it was pressed out. It was great for that...my hair was smooth and no tangles. Now once I washed my hair and it wasn't straight I tried it again. Now my hair is like 3c/4a and this brush was perfect for detangling. Way less shedding than any other brush I've used. It causes no discomfort and I'm "tender-headed". Now I know $17 is a lot for a brush, but it is so worth it. So relaxed or natural this brush is a must have.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really couldn't believe I found myself in my local Aveda store buying a brush for $17US, but I have to thank the reviewers before me as this is hands down the greatest brush ever. I have hair that is almost curly--very, very wavy when air-dried(and looks like crud that way), so blowdrying and straightening is a must if I'm going anywhere. This is the ONLY brush I've ever had that allowed me to blow dry and walk out the door without straightening. My split ends look polished, and it gives me lovely volume though I never use volume products. I do live in Texas, but I'm not a big-Texas- hair-gal, this is just healthy, flowing volume I'm talking about. I am going to buy my daughter one this weekend, which will mean I will have invested nearly $40 bucks on two brushes, and though I can be cheap, I consider this a fabulous investment. Would rebuy in a heartbeat.Hope I can hold onto this one, though--I did say I was cheap!! lol

Best. Brush. Ever. Worth it!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools