April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Mattifying Make-up Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by broadwaybaby897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this much for my face... Though this is why I originally bought it, because my skin is TERRIBLY oily, and my makeup by the end of the day seems to be floating on top of a layer of oil.
If I were to rate this product overall as what it is intended for, I'd give it a 2 or a 3, probably, because it's very sticky/chalky, and actually hurts, like scratchy feeling when I pull it across my face with my fingers.

HOWEVER

I needed an eyeshadow primer desperately and had no funds to get a good one like UDPP or shadow insurance. SO, since I had this laying around and it was a primer after all, I patted a thin layer over each eyelid (not swiping or rubbing in, because this gives the scratchy feel again and also balls up and streaks into a chalky mess) and it worked great! Shadow glides easily over it and blends well. I use it every day and creasing is not a problem... fading is not a problem.. it's wonderful! The key is just to use your ring finger with a tiny bit of product, and pat a thin layer all over the lid.

I'll be purchasing again, just because it's still cheaper than everything else, I work at a Target (where I bought it) so it's easily accessible for me, and it always worked.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does mattify my skin, and the effects last throught the day.
However, this is like a paste to apply. It is impossible to spread it evenly or smoothly without being rough with my skin. I can't apply it around any areas where I have active acne as it either cakes or rips off the tops of my spots (pretty image I know) if i try to smooth it out.
Blending foundation over the top of it is very difficult, especially if you use a cream foundation.
I have very oily skin, but it kind of makes me look powdery and dry, and makes my fine lines (I'm 19, so they're really quite faint) look huge.
Definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Pounces

I was looking for a drug store brand primer (there aren't that many) to save money and I gave this a try. At the time, this was the only one I could find.

It does mattify but it's really hard to spread evenly on your skin. It's really chalky. I tried dabbing it all over my face and then rubbing it in but I still had white dry chalky marks on my face that I'd have to rinse off.

I have an oily T zone so I might try using it on my forehead only just to try to use it all up. I'm not planning on purchasing it again.

I've since tried Rimmel and Avon's primers and they are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Metamorpha

I have been using this for a few months now. I went a few days without it and boy did I notice a difference! My makeup got so oily! I use it with powder and it really helps keep the shine down. It is hard to spread at first, it's not like a typical lotion. I find warming it up on my fingers and dabbing it around the face then gently spreading it does just fine. Don't try and spread it too far or it tends to rub off.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible, i have oily skin and wanted it to mattify before I put my foundation on, i tried 4 different foundations over it... all went cakey and separated on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Not worth the time. I agree with the other reviewer that you have to wait 2-3 minutes before using it over moisturizer/sunscreen. I only put it on my T-zone (too dry looking for cheeks) but half way through the day I see little dewdrops of oil on my nose breaking apart my Revlon Color Stay foundation. Luckily, that foundation blends back. The primer gives me an extra 2 hours of on control versus no primer. This is a decent product, at best. Love boots No 7 eye Shadow, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good mattifier for those who wear very little foundation and powder. I have tried using it with Everyday minerals dry foundations and it makes the skin look patchy and flaky. But if used just over your moisturizer with no make up on top it is not bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by kittin1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was being discontinued at my Target and now I regret not getting another one....I like using this on my t-zone area where I have been getting more oily lately. It works great...especially when I am running around work. I use it after I moisturize so it goes on smoothly. This also works great as an eyeshadow primer for those with oily eyelids like myself. My eye makeup stays on and doesn't budge a bit when I put a little bit of this on my eyelids. I would recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a good mattifying make up base or for a good eyeshadow primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
Matte finish. It really WORKS.
Absorbs oil.
Lasts 8 hours or around there.

CONS:
Pasty texture; sort of chalky finish
Difficult to put makeup over the primer (can ball up and rub off).
Some flaking, especially if it gets in your eyebrows.

Since I have fair skin, sometimes I'll put this primer OVER my makeup on my nose and forehead to maximum shine control. 4 stars because of its great shine control; putting on makeup around it is the problem. I've had success mixing it with Smashbox primer for a smoother application, but still excellent all day shine control.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer for super oily skin. I have tried Dr Brandt, Clinique, and Murad primers as well as lots of other powders to control oil, but this does the best job. It can be difficult to work with, but to get the best result you need to pat the primer onto your skin - DO NOT RUB it in because it will just ball up if you do. I only use this on the oiliest areas mainly my nose, chin, and the area between my nose and mouth. Occasionally I use this on my eyelids. It keeps the oil away for quite a long time compared to other silicone based primers. It can also make foundation a tad difficult to blend, but still I'm willing to work with it.