September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Mattifying Make-up Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I really love this primer. My skin is combination- I get very oily on my T-zone and I apply this primer in that area, and then my Hard Candy primer on the rest of face- this keeps me matte for a very long time. I still have to touch up, but not for about 6 hours after applying my makeup which is great. The only downside to this is that you really have to make sure to blend it fast after applying it on your skin-because otherwise the texture gets really gets powder & hard to blend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 7/9/2010-I have not used this product in months since buying the shiseido sunblock cream in spf 55++. To be honest, this product is just crappy by comparison. I tried using on my eyelids as a primer so as to find some use for it and it tends to pill (little globular balls of silicone). I just can't bring myself to use this product again since it's not that great, so I will be tossing. 1-lippie removed.

Edit: 1/30/10- lowered 1 lippy. I am falling out of love with this product. Does not work consistently. On dry days, yes. But if it is humid, no. I use it as eye primer and it works well. Definitely a nice product, but I would not repurchase. Doesn't break me out though so that's still a plus.

(OLD REVIEW )I like this product. Is it my holy grail mattifier..? no. However, I would definitely repurchase because it keeps the oilies at bay for a good part of the day (four hours of great matt, then another 4 hours of dewy/matt..then the oilies break free and conquer). Also it's cheap...I bought mine at drugstore.com. The product feels sticky, gluey and gritty...not very nice sounding. You have to pat (let me repeat PAT) this onto your face (I tried rubbing and it irritated my skin--its gritty-- and looked streaky). I dab all over then pat pat pat until it absorbs. Typically this will absorb into my skin although if I use too much I will get a chalky residue. Also note that this mattifier is best used (or rather exclusively should be used) with a powder foundation (I use it with Korres rose powder or Origins multi grain powder). For some reason it seems to congeal with liquid foundations.
So why all the work...because its a great price and it works. Also doesn't break me out or clog my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by broadwaybaby897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this much for my face... Though this is why I originally bought it, because my skin is TERRIBLY oily, and my makeup by the end of the day seems to be floating on top of a layer of oil.
If I were to rate this product overall as what it is intended for, I'd give it a 2 or a 3, probably, because it's very sticky/chalky, and actually hurts, like scratchy feeling when I pull it across my face with my fingers.

HOWEVER

I needed an eyeshadow primer desperately and had no funds to get a good one like UDPP or shadow insurance. SO, since I had this laying around and it was a primer after all, I patted a thin layer over each eyelid (not swiping or rubbing in, because this gives the scratchy feel again and also balls up and streaks into a chalky mess) and it worked great! Shadow glides easily over it and blends well. I use it every day and creasing is not a problem... fading is not a problem.. it's wonderful! The key is just to use your ring finger with a tiny bit of product, and pat a thin layer all over the lid.

I'll be purchasing again, just because it's still cheaper than everything else, I work at a Target (where I bought it) so it's easily accessible for me, and it always worked.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does mattify my skin, and the effects last throught the day.
However, this is like a paste to apply. It is impossible to spread it evenly or smoothly without being rough with my skin. I can't apply it around any areas where I have active acne as it either cakes or rips off the tops of my spots (pretty image I know) if i try to smooth it out.
Blending foundation over the top of it is very difficult, especially if you use a cream foundation.
I have very oily skin, but it kind of makes me look powdery and dry, and makes my fine lines (I'm 19, so they're really quite faint) look huge.
Definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Pounces

I was looking for a drug store brand primer (there aren't that many) to save money and I gave this a try. At the time, this was the only one I could find.

It does mattify but it's really hard to spread evenly on your skin. It's really chalky. I tried dabbing it all over my face and then rubbing it in but I still had white dry chalky marks on my face that I'd have to rinse off.

I have an oily T zone so I might try using it on my forehead only just to try to use it all up. I'm not planning on purchasing it again.

I've since tried Rimmel and Avon's primers and they are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Metamorpha

I have been using this for a few months now. I went a few days without it and boy did I notice a difference! My makeup got so oily! I use it with powder and it really helps keep the shine down. It is hard to spread at first, it's not like a typical lotion. I find warming it up on my fingers and dabbing it around the face then gently spreading it does just fine. Don't try and spread it too far or it tends to rub off.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible, i have oily skin and wanted it to mattify before I put my foundation on, i tried 4 different foundations over it... all went cakey and separated on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Not worth the time. I agree with the other reviewer that you have to wait 2-3 minutes before using it over moisturizer/sunscreen. I only put it on my T-zone (too dry looking for cheeks) but half way through the day I see little dewdrops of oil on my nose breaking apart my Revlon Color Stay foundation. Luckily, that foundation blends back. The primer gives me an extra 2 hours of on control versus no primer. This is a decent product, at best. Love boots No 7 eye Shadow, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good mattifier for those who wear very little foundation and powder. I have tried using it with Everyday minerals dry foundations and it makes the skin look patchy and flaky. But if used just over your moisturizer with no make up on top it is not bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by kittin1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was being discontinued at my Target and now I regret not getting another one....I like using this on my t-zone area where I have been getting more oily lately. It works great...especially when I am running around work. I use it after I moisturize so it goes on smoothly. This also works great as an eyeshadow primer for those with oily eyelids like myself. My eye makeup stays on and doesn't budge a bit when I put a little bit of this on my eyelids. I would recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a good mattifying make up base or for a good eyeshadow primer.