October 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mixedgreens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just no. This conditioner makes my hair limp and stringy. My stylist rec'd it at my last haircut, so I gave it a try. I have coarse curly hair and usually use Aveda's Damage Remedy (which I love). My stylist said it would help make my hair less frizz, which I guess it technically did, but it left a nasty coating on it - it just felt slimy, and I go for the really heavy-duty conditioners, too. I don't straigten my hair, though, so I can't really talk about this product in the context for which it is intended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by TudorRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, my. My hair. It's.... soft.... smooth... clean. Gorgeous. This shampoo and conditioner are my HGs. They clean hair without stripping it and make it amazingly soft and smooth. All I need for my naturally straight hair to look nice all day long is Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo, Conditioner, and Style Prep + about 5 minutes with a straightener for the very top layer. For years I was thinking that I needed creme this and serum that. That must be what was weighing my hair down all these years. Now it looks fresh and shiny, not weighted and greasy.
Finally.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i hav thick curly hair and i usually need more moisurizer to make my hair soft. This product looked promising but didnt deliver. If fel like it just sat on top of my hair and weighed it down, which i suppose technically that what its supposed to do, but i didnt like the effects. It made my hair brittle and lifeless

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Karla00

I've gone through 2 bottles of this, and I love it, but it's super expensive. I know you get what you pay for, and my hair loves it, but I can't justify spending almost $30 on small tube of conditioner.

I'll stick with my madder root and damage remedy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by pikacupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this along with the shampoo and it does a really good job of helping to make the curls in my hair more loose so that when I use an iron it just straightens it right up. I've noticed when I don't use leave-in conditioner though that it takes a lot longer to straighten my hair with my iron. So for the price it kinda sucks that I still have to use leave-in conditioner, but that might just be my cheapness speaking up. lol
Overall I really like it for helping to straighten my hair and for its smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I love that Aveda products are mostly all-natural and the scent is consistently divine, the quality is often hit or miss. A few months ago, my stylist recommended Smooth Infusion and it's been the first Aveda product that I absolutely *love* It leaves my hair silky and smooth, without weighing it down. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by missladydior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Along with the shampoo, this product is great. It gave me shiny, silky, moisturized hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually have been using Volumizing conditioners since my hair is very fine, hi-lighted yet frizzy. That is until my new stylist explained to me that volumizing products contain ingredients that can dry out your hair since it's plumping the strand. She promised me that Smooth Infusion would not weigh down my fine blonde hair ( I thought she was nuts). But she was right. This conditioner moisturizes, detangles and does not weigh my hair down. I love the clean, natural scent. I hate floral and fake scents that most products have now-adays. In fact I didn't bring my conditioner w/ me to my parents house on christmas & I could notice a difference. My hair was limp & frizzy without it. I'm glad I switched to an Aveda stylist cuz I can finally tame my hair using the fabulous yet expensive Aveda products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie012

Love this conditioner! I use it in conjunction with the shampoo and it works wonders for my thick wavy hair. I hate how expensive it is, though! I do fork out the money for it, though, because I love it so much! Definitely a staple in my hair care.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tinydancer73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair: fine (and thinning, sadly) but wavy with a tendency to frizz at the ends. If you have hair like mine, you will love this conditioner. I needed something that would smooth my hair and control the frizz, without weighing down my fine hair and making it limp. This product absolutely does that. I could not be happier. It is outrageously expensive, but you use very little of it. I spent a crazy amount of money to buy the big bottle with the pump, but at the rate I'm using it the bottle should last me about two years. A half a pump is all I need.