October 24, 2014 | 1674 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ThreeRabbits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my daughter's arms and necks daily. She started to develope itchy rash on her arms. Will not use this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to love this. Not sure what happened but now whenever I use it for more than 1 day I get dry, flaky, red spots on my skin. Not blemishes but odd irritations & they last for several days after I discontinue use.
Very disappointed. I will be switching to physical sunscreens

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by alicia1kalo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved that this had high spf so I got it because I didn't want to get tanner.
For the body it's an amazing sunblock! For the face... not so much.
I broke out and I never had before. It was gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cmfarrell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this sunscreen a few times and wanted to give it another shot while on vacation in Central America. Hated it. I'm really fair skinned, and it left a white cast that even showed up on me. Then, when I would start to sweat, although the sunscreen wouldn't run, the white cast would get even more obvious, leaving odd-looking streaks on my body. To get it off I'd have to scrub my skin raw with a washcloth - I hate to think about how badly my pores got clogged.

But what frustrated me the most is that it absolutely destroys white or light clothing. The white tank I was wearing ended up with horrible yellow stains around the neck and shoulders; when I wore a similar tank with a different sunscreen, I didn't have a problem. After this clothing mishap I remembered that I've noticed this before with this brand/version.

I also second the review about the packaging - when you're putting it on, the ink rubs off on your hands making a total mess.

That all being said, it definitely protects - no sunburn at all - but I'd rather use a different sunscreen nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

This stuff goes on really smooth on my skin, it sinks in fast, no white cast, and leaves it soft.

The reason it gets 2 stars is because it also gives me a very bad itchy rash that does not subside for another two days or so even after not using this product. Either it is the Avobenzone in the active ingredients or something else. My guess is the former.

If you have experienced issues with avobenzone in the past, I shouldn't have to tell you to stay away from the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer line, all of which contain it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

This line is my favorite for body sunblock. I'd never use something like this on my face, way too heavy. But it absorbs much more readily compared to other brands I've tried at this SPF level, and the scent isn't too obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by aixour

Firstly, I think that this sunscreen is not greasy and it feels light on my face. A considerable amount of a thumb size of sunscreen is needed and it can last me for a whole day. I had use it for 3 months and I find that my skin tone whitens a lot. This sunscreen does not clog my pores. As I live in Singapore which is hot and humid, I find this sunscreen very suitable for my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a decent sunscreen. The only issue I have with this is the scent, although it dissipates quickly. I also have and use SPF 30 (Dry Touch) and feel the latter absorbs faster. Therefore, I will stick with the SPF 30.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the Dry Touch SPF 45, evn though it did settle into any fine lines. I found this SPF 70 at Costco and bought it because it was a good deal, thinking it would feel the same on as the SPF 45. Was I wrong. I find this greasy (don't know why others don't) and it makes my makeup slide right off. I'll just use it on my chest. Needless to say, my huge purchase from Costco will be lasting a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this when I bought the Cooling Touch Sunscreen, which is my favorite body sunscreen. I used both sunscreens on a vacation at a beach resort near the equator, so the sun was super bright and hot. I did not get burned at all. I used the sheer touch on my face, and I liked it very much. I like the high spf, and it didn't make me break out even though I re-applied often throughout the day. I usually buy an expensive sunscreen that I can only get overseas, but the helioplex in Neutrogena's sunscreens works great so I will switch, since it's cheaper and easier to get.

p.s. I think people are reviewing other formulations here -- the sheer dry-touch is a thin liquid and not at all greasy or gloppy or gluey. In fact, in winter, it's a little too drying for me.