Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 7/6/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I had a weird reaction to this. Broke me out and got a rash on my face. Staying away from traditional sunscreens and staying with the trader joes zinc oxide formula sunscreen. ugh. Also, this made my face white. Just saying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I hate sunscreen, because of the greasy and sticky feeling you get. But I like this. I can put it on my face and I got no problem with it. It might not be the best of there, but definitely the most affordable. I just got SPF70 because it was there, but I might go for SPF50 next time.

on 7/1/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my daughter's arms and necks daily. She started to develope itchy rash on her arms. Will not use this again.

on 5/24/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to love this. Not sure what happened but now whenever I use it for more than 1 day I get dry, flaky, red spots on my skin. Not blemishes but odd irritations & they last for several days after I discontinue use.
Very disappointed. I will be switching to physical sunscreens

on 5/16/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I loved that this had high spf so I got it because I didn't want to get tanner.
For the body it's an amazing sunblock! For the face... not so much.
I broke out and I never had before. It was gross.

on 5/15/2010 3:16:00 PM

I've tried this sunscreen a few times and wanted to give it another shot while on vacation in Central America. Hated it. I'm really fair skinned, and it left a white cast that even showed up on me. Then, when I would start to sweat, although the sunscreen wouldn't run, the white cast would get even more obvious, leaving odd-looking streaks on my body. To get it off I'd have to scrub my skin raw with a washcloth - I hate to think about how badly my pores got clogged.

But what frustrated me the most is that it absolutely destroys white or light clothing. The white tank I was wearing ended up with horrible yellow stains around the neck and shoulders; when I wore a similar tank with a different sunscreen, I didn't have a problem. After this clothing mishap I remembered that I've noticed this before with this brand/version.

I also second the review about the packaging - when you're putting it on, the ink rubs off on your hands making a total mess.

That all being said, it definitely protects - no sunburn at all - but I'd rather use a different sunscreen nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff goes on really smooth on my skin, it sinks in fast, no white cast, and leaves it soft.

The reason it gets 2 stars is because it also gives me a very bad itchy rash that does not subside for another two days or so even after not using this product. Either it is the Avobenzone in the active ingredients or something else. My guess is the former.

If you have experienced issues with avobenzone in the past, I shouldn't have to tell you to stay away from the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer line, all of which contain it.

on 4/28/2010 4:33:00 PM

This line is my favorite for body sunblock. I'd never use something like this on my face, way too heavy. But it absorbs much more readily compared to other brands I've tried at this SPF level, and the scent isn't too obnoxious.

on 4/16/2010 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, I think that this sunscreen is not greasy and it feels light on my face. A considerable amount of a thumb size of sunscreen is needed and it can last me for a whole day. I had use it for 3 months and I find that my skin tone whitens a lot. This sunscreen does not clog my pores. As I live in Singapore which is hot and humid, I find this sunscreen very suitable for my face.

on 3/20/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a decent sunscreen. The only issue I have with this is the scent, although it dissipates quickly. I also have and use SPF 30 (Dry Touch) and feel the latter absorbs faster. Therefore, I will stick with the SPF 30.