Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 6/5/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is always in my drawer, and even has been improved over the years, with better SPF and better application. I go through several tubes of it a year (great for scoring bonuses), and have never had even a hint of a tan on my face, even when I end up with color on my neck or chest at the end of the day. Besides the non-chemical sunscreen (a must for rosacea) it also functions as the perfect primer for me. It even things out and augments the glow of my serum. My pores subside and now I have a nice canvas to work from. Even though it is gentle to my skin, when I wash my face at the end of the day, it is still there. It is not hugely expensive, and worth a try for anyone looking to save their skin from the sun.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Not 100% sure what this product is for. There are better primers, richer moisturisers, and more obvious choices for mattifying products. Needless to say, I am going to give this product another chance whilst on holiday to see if it becomes a holiday make up bag hero then! SPF 25 is pretty good and it says it 'wicks away perspiration and absorbs excess oil'. Will update when I've given it a test run in warmer climes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer!! Even though I have normal to dry skin and it does attach itself onto some dry patches I find it moisturizes my skin perfectly. It leaves a beautiful glow on the skin so I don't need to wear foundation although I have tried it under my other foundations and it still gives a perfect finish. It doesn't give me eczema or itch my eyes like my Aveda tinted moisturizer. For €20 its a great price as it lasts forever. I will repurchase over and over again.

I purchased this about a month ago and I am not disappointed! This helps my foundation stay on longer and it goes on smoother, plus it has a perk of spf! I do not regret purchasing.

on 4/3/2013 3:57:00 AM

I tried this out a few times after receiving a sample tube and liked it enough to buy the full size.

Pros:
- it gave my rough, dehydrated, patchy skin(basically shitty skin full of scars and huge pores)a very polished and dewy look to it without slathering tons of foundation on
- SPF25 and chemical+oil free.

Cons:
- started to have a slight sting after 1-2 weeks of usage when i put it on
- proceeded to a very tight/pulling feeling later in the day
- somehow seems to suck up all my skin's moisture and natural oil and gave me a very ashy,tired look even though i have combo oily skin
- look and felt like i have a plastic film on my face

Overall its not a bad product, but it just wasn't suitable for my skin. I stop using it when I start getting weird bumps along my jaw area which is an indication that one of my skin product is aggravating my already sensitive skin.

on 1/28/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so mixed about this product. It glides on smoothly, blends well, makes pore look almost invisible, doesn't have that thick white cast that zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based products have, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin.

However, when it dries, it leave my normal skin feeling SO dry and tight -- especially around my eyes, which are tight to the point of burning. I've tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it only helps a little. I wish Clinique would make a non-matte version of this for those with dry skin or for normal skin during the winter. And I wish they'd make the light yellow tint a little darker.

on 10/13/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The Clinique sales person recommended this product when I told her I wanted to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine without switching moisturizers. This layers over my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion seemlessly leaving a dewy finish that isn't oily or sticky. The light tint provides a slight glow on days when I don't want to bother with foundation. However, this is light enough to layer under foundation when I want more coverage. I only wish you got more product for your money. However, I've wasted loads of money on cheaper products that didn't perform. So I guess you get what you pay for.

on 10/10/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The BEST sunscreen you can get for your face! Love how it doubles as a printer and how it it's lightly tinted so it does not white out your face like other sunscreens! I also love the fact that it it's oil free and never breaks me out! Leaves my skin soft and glowing.

on 10/10/2012 8:38:00 AM

I find it odd that this product is listed as a primer/corrector. I think of it as a moisturizer with SPF. I love the broad spectrum, physical sunscreen, and this is one of the very few daytime physical sunscreens with antioxidants that doesn't turn greasy on me. I wish it was untinted, but then again, it leaves no white cast as other physical sunscreens do. Includes a substantial list of skin-beneficial ingredients. Also, I like the smell. It doesn't smell like sunscreen at all. It smells like Clinique skincare.

on 10/9/2012 10:59:00 PM

I love this product as a primer and best of all is the high sun protection factor. I have enlarged pores with combination skin and as it can sit on my pores and cause a bit of flakiness, I have learned to let it "rest" on my skin for awhile before I apply makeup.
I still like to research and try out other brands but I always seem to go back to this one as its the best Ive used out of all the products I have tried.
My only gripe is that the tube doesnt last long enough so at the price that it is, its a bit exxy if like me, you use it everyday.