January 28, 2015 | 1566 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleighannei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not 100% sure what this product is for. There are better primers, richer moisturisers, and more obvious choices for mattifying products. Needless to say, I am going to give this product another chance whilst on holiday to see if it becomes a holiday make up bag hero then! SPF 25 is pretty good and it says it 'wicks away perspiration and absorbs excess oil'. Will update when I've given it a test run in warmer climes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this moisturizer!! Even though I have normal to dry skin and it does attach itself onto some dry patches I find it moisturizes my skin perfectly. It leaves a beautiful glow on the skin so I don't need to wear foundation although I have tried it under my other foundations and it still gives a perfect finish. It doesn't give me eczema or itch my eyes like my Aveda tinted moisturizer. For €20 its a great price as it lasts forever. I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this about a month ago and I am not disappointed! This helps my foundation stay on longer and it goes on smoother, plus it has a perk of spf! I do not regret purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by rqhooi

I tried this out a few times after receiving a sample tube and liked it enough to buy the full size.

Pros:
- it gave my rough, dehydrated, patchy skin(basically shitty skin full of scars and huge pores)a very polished and dewy look to it without slathering tons of foundation on
- SPF25 and chemical+oil free.

Cons:
- started to have a slight sting after 1-2 weeks of usage when i put it on
- proceeded to a very tight/pulling feeling later in the day
- somehow seems to suck up all my skin's moisture and natural oil and gave me a very ashy,tired look even though i have combo oily skin
- look and felt like i have a plastic film on my face

Overall its not a bad product, but it just wasn't suitable for my skin. I stop using it when I start getting weird bumps along my jaw area which is an indication that one of my skin product is aggravating my already sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so mixed about this product. It glides on smoothly, blends well, makes pore look almost invisible, doesn't have that thick white cast that zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based products have, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin.

However, when it dries, it leave my normal skin feeling SO dry and tight -- especially around my eyes, which are tight to the point of burning. I've tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it only helps a little. I wish Clinique would make a non-matte version of this for those with dry skin or for normal skin during the winter. And I wish they'd make the light yellow tint a little darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Clinique sales person recommended this product when I told her I wanted to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine without switching moisturizers. This layers over my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion seemlessly leaving a dewy finish that isn't oily or sticky. The light tint provides a slight glow on days when I don't want to bother with foundation. However, this is light enough to layer under foundation when I want more coverage. I only wish you got more product for your money. However, I've wasted loads of money on cheaper products that didn't perform. So I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by stephanielin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The BEST sunscreen you can get for your face! Love how it doubles as a printer and how it it's lightly tinted so it does not white out your face like other sunscreens! I also love the fact that it it's oil free and never breaks me out! Leaves my skin soft and glowing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find it odd that this product is listed as a primer/corrector. I think of it as a moisturizer with SPF. I love the broad spectrum, physical sunscreen, and this is one of the very few daytime physical sunscreens with antioxidants that doesn't turn greasy on me. I wish it was untinted, but then again, it leaves no white cast as other physical sunscreens do. Includes a substantial list of skin-beneficial ingredients. Also, I like the smell. It doesn't smell like sunscreen at all. It smells like Clinique skincare.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by marant

I love this product as a primer and best of all is the high sun protection factor. I have enlarged pores with combination skin and as it can sit on my pores and cause a bit of flakiness, I have learned to let it "rest" on my skin for awhile before I apply makeup.
I still like to research and try out other brands but I always seem to go back to this one as its the best Ive used out of all the products I have tried.
My only gripe is that the tube doesnt last long enough so at the price that it is, its a bit exxy if like me, you use it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin's become really sensitive the past couple years, probably from years of being a skincare junkie and using too many aggressive products. For the past two years, I've been looking for a great tinted moisturizer with non-chemical spf. I tried Jane Iredale, Aveda, Tarte and Too Faced's tinted moisturizers with mediocre results and moved onto this.

The pros: Contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, is antioxidant-rich, and has a built-in primer which leaves skin looking smooth and poreless.

The cons: It's very drying for normal and dry skin. After 15 minutes on, my face is unbearably tight and chalky -- in the hot, humid summer nonetheless. I've also noticed that my eyes become really watery and tight too. I tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it didn't help.