OPI OPI Ink

4.3

on 10/30/2009 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

absolutely a gorrrrrrgeous color!

on 10/27/2009 10:26:00 PM

This is by far my favorite OPI lacquer. It is dark and sensuous. It has just enough sparkle in it. In some light it looks blue in others it is a gorgeous purple. If it is too adventurous for your finger nails I highly recommend it on your toes. OPI is a great nail polish brand to purchase, I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

on 10/17/2009 2:01:00 PM

Love this colour! For me, it dries alot faster than other OPIcolours. It's a very pretty dark blue/purple with very faint pink reflects. It's perfect for a night out in those fall and winter months. I like it because it's dark but does not look black and does not overpower my pale skin colour.

on 10/5/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Picked up this weekend (Ulta buy 2 get 1 free)...LOVE IT. I am a fan of the very deep dark shades for fall and winter and this is a close 2nd to Russian Navy (the original with shimmer).

on 9/12/2009 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a funky little color from OPI that I love on my toes. With a clear topcoat it just glistens in the sun. I was initially unimpressed with the application, but that was due mostly to the brush. The ends of the bristles were frayed and the application was a bit on the sloppy side.. quite unlike a usual OPI nail polish. The color is excellent. Highly recommended.

on 9/10/2009 2:03:00 AM

This color is fabulous. It is a dark violet base loaded with pink, purple, and blue shimmer, which looks great outside or under bright lights. I don't know why it is called OPI Ink though, unless people have shimmery purple ink. The application was ok. The formula itself was smooth, but it was a little streaky and took 2 coats to even out, 3 for full opacity.

on 8/4/2009 11:38:00 PM

On me this color showed up as a dark purply-blue. It looks really interesting and pretty but the application was kinda streaky and two coats wasn't enough to give it enough depth on my toes. I'll probably play around with application and then put it in the closet to save it for when the fashion magazines inevitably tell me that deep black-toned colors are back in style this winter because it is really awesome and unique, just not my normal taste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Everyone I know is crazy about OPI Ink, so I gave it a try.

Thoughts:
1. I feel like I'm too old for glitter. This doesn't mean other people my age or older are, I just feel like when I wear glitter my adviser glares at me and my students don't take me seriously.
2. I wanted something similar to OPI Russian Navy, b/c it is probably my all time favorite color. This leans way to purple for my taste.

Overall: I see why many people like this color, but it's just not for me!

on 6/19/2009 9:48:00 AM

I saw a swatch of this on a website and decided that I MUST have it. I bought it from transdesign, and I am so in love with it that I will certainly buy a back up. It is a lovely black base with purple shimmer. From far away, it looks black, but closer it is a lovely purple. It is not over-the-top shimmery, but so much more interesting than plain black polish. I love dark colours, and this one is my favorite (I also have 'my private Jet', but I like this better).

on 6/11/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had hoped this color would be almost black, but it isn't--it's prettier! It looks like the blue ink out of a broken ball point pen, or my blue calligraphy ink, with glitter in it, and more purple. The glitter isn't obnoxious (distracting) but not too subtle either (you don't have to be in direct sunlight to see it)--it's just right. 2-3 coats is good.

PROS: Love the consistency of the polish. Love the color. Love the brush.

CONS: Slight chipping after 2 days with a base coat, serious chipping after 4 (I can't remember which one I used. Will try it again w/o a base coat and report back).

Overall, a nice polish.