December 21, 2014 | 1723 users online

Highlighters - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush in All Over Shimmer - 832D [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:52:00 AM More reviews by crystalc

This is a really nice highlighter. Goes on silky smooth and easy to blend. It can have a subtle effect or a dramatic effect depending on how much you apply. The brush is crappy and the pkging is somewhat unattractive but if you use this product with a nice brush then it can be very flattering. Oh, and don't try to use it as a blush, it works better as a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by prillita

I would say in general, this product is alright. I don't like it as much as Benefit's high beam, but it is much less expensive, so I definitely don't regret trying it out! My only problem with this product is that when I apply it, it turns out a sort of dirty brown / gray color on my skin. I don't know if it's just my skin or the lighting or the amount I put on or what, but it definitely looks a little weird on me. I still wear it from time to time, but not as often as I used to wear high beam!
This product can also get a little messy like most of Wet n' Wild's talcum-based products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Valou

For the price, I donít regret trying this out. The colour is perfect for highlighting the inner-corners of my eyes and my brow bone. Used on my cheeks or cheek bones however it doesnít work. Too silvery, I donít want metallic cheeks. I have many highlighters I prefer to this (SB Lightfusion, TBS ShimmerWaves to name a couple). For reference Iím a very pale, NC 15. This shimmer just isnít quite versatile enough for me, so 3 stars it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Researching everything on MUA is really starting to pay off. I kept my eyes open for this after reading the reviews and finally came across it in the town drugstore a few days ago. I almost didn't buy it because the color appears to be taupe, which would most definitely not work as a highlighter. $3 USD later I couldn't be happier! This adds a subtle glow without being glittery and there is no trace of the odd taupe color. It seems to stay put pretty well on me, but I'm applying it just after my moisturizer (vitamin E cream and jojoba oil) sinks in. Today I used it on my lids, inner corners of the eyes, temples and cheekbones and it looks just one step up from a natural, bare face. Yeah, the packaging is cheap and of course the included brush went straight in the trash, but it's all about the product for me and this is clearly a winner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by vain_brat

i cant remember how much it is but it is CHEAP! im on my 2nd compact of this, my 1st one lasted me almost 3 years!
i love the "glow" this gives me. i use it to hi-light my cheeks, put a little under my eyebrows, the inner corner of my eyes, i use it to lighten dark shadows if ive put too much, i use this for a whole lot of things, thats how much i love this, thats how versatile it is!

when i wake up in the morning and i have dark undereye circles, i will swipe this on my undereyes before i put foundation and it makes it better.

so when im done with my 2nd compact i will definitely buy anothe rone.

took 1 lippie off though because if youre not careful, it breaks very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. I use it a lot. It is a nice, subtle shimmer that doesn't make me look like a pixie out of a bad fantasy movie, and if I use it all over my face and then apply my regular powder on top, it doesn't even look like shimmer, but it reflects light and minimizes the appearance of skin imperfections. It really helps me feel pretty on mornings when I feel droopy or flawed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wow i luv this product, not sparkly or glittery, give me a nice glow...i have oily skin so im very paranoid about shine in any way but this is not shiny on me...i immediately went out and bought 3 more just in case...very highly rec

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it on my cheeks and it gives a nice glow. It's shimmery without being messy. I was also surprised by how pigmented it was for a WnW product. I took off one lippie for staying power because there was none on my face by the end of the day. I would buy this again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by zhongnanone

This a review for Wet Ďní Wild Silk Finish Blush All Over Shimmer

The product:
Looks suspiciously dull (faintly reddish fleshy color) and a tad dark in the pan; creamy-powder texture; not too finely milled but not too coarse either;

Application:
Use a soft blush brush and lightly dip it in the pan to pick up the product; then lightly tap the excess off; apply precisely to those features you want to emphasize like your cheekbones. This product tends to stay put where you apply it. So precision is the key to successful application.

Result:
Gives a subtle glow (not glitter) to your skin without obvious color; gives your face some depth and definition; instantly brightens your makeup; it may not seem like a must-have item but once you use it properly and see what it does for you, you may want to keep it in your collection for ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't even express how much I love this product. Holy Grail of highlighters. I highly recommend you get a beautiful soft brush. Stila #8 perhaps. MAC stippling brush, 187, and Smashbox powder brush. Really, IMO, good makeup starts with the high quality brushes. Recently I had this fear that they would discontinue this product, because it was getting more difficult to find. So once I did find it, I got several backups. Over any blush, this makes my face look flawless. I love it on cheekbones, and on collar bones. It's an off white shimmer. Not sparkly, not glitter. Just makes you look healthy and clean. It's glamorous actually. Very pretty product. Yes, it comes in an ugly package. Who cares? I found it when it was BOGOF. So I am one happy camper. I never would have found this product, except for reading about it here on MUA! Thanks Ladies!