April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

I might be one of the odd ones when it comes to this brush because I actually really love my 129. I needed a good a blush/bronzer brush and I got this without reading much reviews about it. At first, I was disappointed..although very soft I really wanted something more firm and less fluffy. But I was surprised how well it worked. It did shed a bit the first couple of times of using it but haven't since then even when I wash it everyday. What I really love about this brush is how well it picks up the product. You really don't need to dip the brush too much to your blush/bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by prettybm09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's funny how people say it sheds like crazy, mine barely sheds anything. Anyway I bought this brush because it's MAC and everyone loves mac and blah blah blah, u know the whole over hype. The brush is soo scratchy it feels just like my revlon blush brush that I got for like $10 bucks at walgreens. It's sad becuase i did a test on my mom and my sister with their eyes closed using MAC 129 on one side of their cheek and revlon BB on the other, and they responded that the side that i had rubbed the MAC brush on was scratchier. MAC retails for $34 bucks USD plus tax, Im VERY dissapointed and Im very hesitant about purchasing more MAC brushes, what if they are all like that?! It washes pretty good, very very minimal shedding,NO bleeding etc. But it's just too scratchy! Places blush perfectly though, if it wasnt scratchy it would have 5 lippies instead of 3... Oh well

My favorite blush brush is the Sigma SS168! Ive washed it many times and it's soft as ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

For 40 Euros i was expecting a much better brush. It has not done the shedding I have read about recently but it doenst do a better job than the 10 Euro average brushes i had. I apply blush with it and will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by SillyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first MAC brush, I think it's been performing very well so far. A bit of shedding here and there, but nothing too severe. No doubt I'll be buying more MAC brushes in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with all the others. This sheds like crazy. I would find some new little brush hair on my face every time I looked in the mirror. I thought I had a defective brush, but now I know better. Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by pharaveej

If I can rate this brush lower than 1 lippy, believe me I will. After spending this amount of money, I expected a reasonable good quality brush. However after owning it for half a year, it hasn't stop shedding. Even worse the hair become stiff and all the hairs , I mean all, are broken in the middle, making it scratchy everytime I use it. Nowadays I rely on Burberry brush which is included with it's blush, it works ten times better than MAC 129.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Trimorphekate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Scratchy and expensive, but it applies blush very well. It needs to be washed as often as it possible to avoid that bristles become too stiff and blistering. It does its job with powder blush best of all. I'll try Mac 168, next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cevinou

Although I'm a huge fan of MAC brushes I was sooooo disappointed with this brush. Don't even bother with it unless you want neverending shedding. I have tried various techniques to stop the shedding but it just keeps going on. I have thrown away mine. Everyone i know who tried this brush had the same problem! Terrible!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why I keep trying with this brush, I really don't. I was actually quite surprised when I saw that it had such a high overall rating. My reason for the dislike? The SHEDDING! It sheds like crazy when I wash it, and it sheds again like crazy when I apply my blush. I don't rip out the fibers or anything when I wash my brushes, and when I apply blush I'm very careful and always use a light hand. So why do I end up with so many annoying brush hairs all over my cheeks?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nicole47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello, So before I purchased this brush I got one of this years MAC Christmas brush bags with mini versions of there brushes, one of them was a mini 129. Because of my lack of a good blush brush I used my mini 129 on a daily basis and I sadly wasn't very impressed with it, it continually shed and was somewhat stiff. So I went to MAC the other day to buy a new blush brush that wasn't miniature and was roped into buying the large version of this brush. So I bought it and came home and found out that this one also sheds and is stiff. The night I bought it I washed the little one though in Johnson's baby shampoo and it came out super soft, flexible and shedded way less. So I am going to wash my big one tonight in hopes that the same thing will happen. Was it worth it? I have yet to know.