October 31, 2014 | 1087 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best exfoliator in the world. They say you're not supposed to exfoliate too often, but I use this every morning and my skin has never looked or felt better. If I stop using it and use, say, Purity in the morning instead, I start to break out in bad cystic hormonal acne. My skin needs the exfoliation. The beads in this feel so good. It leaves my skin feeling so baby smooth, squeaky clean, and glowing.The top does get clogged which sucks, but I will still never use anything else..

The price is pretty ridiculous, but I always buy this in one of the sets so it's a better value.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sleaf

I have weird, sensitive combination skin that can get bad breakouts on the t-zone, very dry on the cheeks and redness and irritated all over. This has been a great exfoliator, non-irritating but tough enough for my t-zone. It is gentle but does sometimes leave my skin (especially cheeks) feeling tighter than I like. The bottle lasts a loooong time, but does get clogged up sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

I use this in the morning to remove the after effects of my night treatments. The 8oz bottle has lasted over 6 months with daily use, so the $25 is well worth it in my eyes. It really gets into my skin and clears away any roughness without any irritation. I've always had a problem with drugstore exfoliators not having enough or too many beads but this is the perfect blend.

*update*

I'm still loving this! I can use it everyday without worrying about over exfoliation issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by pwncahontas

how can a scrub not clean my face? it feels like nothing after using this and i had to finish cleaning my face with bodywash. i'd rather save my money and use noxema and a washcloth

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by EM65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!! I've been using it daily for several years now. Every now and then I stray with another exfoliator but I always come back to my microdelivery exfoliating wash - one of the few products I purchase over and over.

It is gentle to use every day. My skin is somewhat sensitive with mild rosacea and this does not irritate it all. I also find the smell very comforting. Only drawback is that it gets plugged up from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by knh1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this exfoliating cleanser. It works wonders for my face. I got a small sample from sephora and fell in love with it instantly. I had to go and buy more. Little did I know that it was $25 for a bottle which is absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe I paid that much for a cleanser, but it really does work wonders. The granules are the smallest I've ever used and it's not harsh at all but does the job. I feel pampered and clean afterwards. People say your not supposed to exfoliate your skin more than once a week but I use this 2-3 times a week and have never had any breakouts from it. It's gentle, yet effective. I swear that it makes my face glow and reduces blackheads. The packaging I've just recently had a problem with. It's almost empty :( and I have to keep it upside down in the shower because it takes forever to slide down and come out. If I'm paying that much for an exfoliater, I better get every last damn drop out! I'm currently looking for a dupe for this because I really can't justify paying $25 for a cleanser... But I'm a sucker so I most likely will be buying again when I'm out...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it! I have an oily T-zone and although this isn't a solution to my problem, it helped enormously!
It really cleans my skin. I tried to use every other day but it didn't have the same effect. Now I use almost daily and it really helps.

update (12/3/12): I still use it in conjunction with the Purity Cleanser and neutrogena wave. This isn't a miracle worker ad won't get rid of oiliness or blackheads. But might be a step to it with the right products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I've been using this product for a while. I use it 2-3 per week in the shower. The grains aren't too harsh. This leaves your skin feeling smooth. It hasn't caused any breakouts, so I'm happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sought this out because it gets so much love on MUA, but I must say that I'm disappointed. It's an OK cleanser, but if I don't moisturise soon after, my skin starts to flake, which is a sign that it's too stripping. It's also not something I'd use to remove makeup - I use an oil for that, but it's fine as the second stage in a double cleanse. This does absolutely nothing to help prevent or clear my breakouts either. I think I prefer to use a stronger exfolator less often, or exfoliate chemically, as I don't really like the scrubby beads in this. The bottle seems to last ages - I've been using around 5 times a week for 6 months or so and it's still going (albeit the lid is all clogged up now). However, I'm keen to finish this so I can try something new, and I definitely won't be rebuying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sylvabear

Well, it works, I can't deny that. But for the price? I don't think so. I've used drugstore brands that work equally well.

There are several more things that bother me about this product. The smell, like others have mentioned, is pretty awful. I also found that it gets clogged at the top very easily. And over time, the scrubbing beads settle to the bottom of the container, so you have to shake it vigorously (unless you want nothing but water, which probably defeats the purpose).

Overall, I think this product is just a stinky hassle to use, and I really don't recommend it.