Starbucks - Napkins

Naps

on 10/1/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Like what everyone says, good replacement for expensive blue oil fims., maybe even better because 1 napkin covers my whole face. Fast and easy to use. Great idea!

on 9/3/2011 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My boyfriend calls these "Recession Towels". They are really great for blotting. Always have about 10 Starbucks napkins in the car console, and in random drawers ready to surprise me.

on 8/8/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh my gosh!!! Ahahahaha! This made me laugh soooo hard. I actually work at Starbucks and I use the napkins all the time to blot my cheeks and forehead! They are amazing! Love this.

on 7/20/2011 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

So.. I heard this randomly on a YT guru video.. I happen to have some laying around (not starbucks but from chipotle) and wow.. it does work! Haha.. just cut up a bunch of the brown napkins and have them handy when I need them.. (=

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess the secret is out that these make good blotting papers :) I ran out of my Burt's Bees ones, which have rice powder on them (I don't think they even make them anymore :( ) So I decided to try these on my last trip to Starbucks. I got a big stack of em and tried them out. They do indeed remove oil without remove much makeup. These work great in a pinch, but I still prefer blotting papers with powder on them so I'm not just blotting off makeup along with the excess oil. It's a neat thing to know about and any free beauty tip is good in my book!

on 7/13/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

convenient, free, and effective - what more could you want!
i make sure to grab a bunch of these when i eat out (note: ANY recycled napkins work). i usually tear them horizontally into mini-blotters, so each napkin yields about 5 sheets or so. then i just stash a few in one of my bag's pockets.
i was worried that these would remove my makeup along with the oil, but it didnt! a few pats, the oil is gone and the makeup is in tact! very pleased.
i used to use "specialized" blot sheets, but i find that these absorb more oil. plus, the specialized sheets have weird ingredients in them which could cause reactions. the napkins dont have that risk.
overall a great DIY blotter! no downsides. so stop wasting money on blotters and go grab some napkins at a restaurant!

on 6/15/2011 4:10:00 PM

I think in general, any recycled napkins work. OR! Those great bathroom paper towels!!! I have a whole roll at work (the kitchenette automatic dispenser stopped working, and somebody had put a few out...so I nabbed one for my desk. Honestly awesome. At the end of the day before I leave the office, I rip a piece off and blot my whole face (no rubbing, please!). It's simultaneously gross and cool how much oil these things pick up.

Best of all, it's free. But I still rated that I'd buy it again (or steal another one from the kitchenette). Once I somehow run out of the whole roll I have here.

on 5/19/2011 11:34:00 AM

i'm a starbucks addict so i go there on a daily basis. every time i go there, i grab a few of these napkins because i find they work WAYY better than any blotting papers i've tried (plus they're free haha). it doesn't remove my make-up only the excess oil on my face. i have an extremelyyyy oily face so i carry these around at all times

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, I wouldn't have known about this trick if It wasn't for MUA. I popped into Starbucks on the way home today and picked up a couple of napkins with my Iced Tea. They work amazingly, absorbing all traces of oil on my face. Saying goodbye to blotting sheets for good now :) Thanks again MUA reviewers!! :)

on 3/14/2011 7:06:00 PM

Would you buy this product again?....YES!!! Hahahahhaha...I really love starbucks, but it's dirt expensive in Spain (the smaller size price makes 3 regular ones!!!!) but I always come back to pick up my beloved caramel macchiato and these magical napkins. I've been to this evening and when I was stocking up them, the waitress came and asked me: "excuse me ma'am (ma'am??? I'm 27 gosh!!!) did you split your coffee?"
Hahahahah ahhahahaahhaa....and I just started laughing and I explained her they were to keep my olies at bay. She just could not believe it, but a couple of minutes later, she came and said: "they're perfect for blotting! And they're for free! I've been working here for 3 years and I had no idea!" and then she invited me to a pop cake!!! ;D
Just amazing product!!! Thank you very much MUA reviewrs!!!
UPDATE: OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm so sad because they've changed regular napkins to recycled ones and they are not the same quality. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for recycling but these new napkins are not as soft as the others. They make a nice job with oilies as well but I feel them a little bit rough, and of course, the colour is awful!!!