November 28, 2014 | 1073 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by FoundationFanatic

I'm very fussy when it comes to make up products so bear that in mind lol -

This is a great product - not perfect but the best i've found so far - and thats a big deal considering how many i've tried.

I don't know how to describe what is different about this powder compared to others - it just is. :)

I have a huge redness problem and what usually happens in other powders is that although they might make the my red blothes slightly less noticable - it also lightens the skin around the blemishes aswell - making them look red again and if anything even more noticable!

but this has a kind of airbrush effect on your face! its yellowy beige colour just sweeps on and makes the red blotches vanish without a trace - it makes pores almost invisable and you can wear it with a foundation base or without.

i have very oily skin and (in my experience) its no better than any other powders in reducing oilyness - but its no worse than other powders either. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tishykitty

Although I hate the pads powders come with I highly recommend this to finish off your look, just use a foundation or blush brush to apply it so you don't get spots thicker in color than others.

Powder has a tendancy of breaking if you carry it around alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my perfect everyday powder for the summer months. This does a marvelous job of evening out redness from blemishes/sunburn. It goes on velvety smooth, and never has that cakey or too-drying feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Benefit products are very hit or miss, and this one is a hit for me. I am very oily and use Tazorac for acne. I do not go without sunscreen -- LaRoche Posay Anthelios every day. Get Even does what it says. It reduces redness and gets rid of shine. But it does not give that unnatural too matte look. Also, no shimmer to exaggerate pores. I touch it up once a day and it does not cake. Looks as close to real skin as anything I have used. This is a winner for me. My biggest gripe is the color selection. 01 is too light, 02 is a little too dark. I have one of each and I blend them. I would love a 1.5. And yes, 02 does neutralize red better than 01. I only use it with a brush (EcoTools), so I can't comment on the puff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another product sold solely on hype. I really wanted to like this, as with all benefit products but I cannot justify the price with the outcome of this powder or the outcome of any of the benefit products to be so specific. First of all, they have like 3 shades. Really, as much as this company charges for their product they could at least throw in a few more shades. What this company calls "fair" I could never achieve with weeks in a tanning bed, which I will never do as I am a huga fan of not looking like a suitcase when I get older. Secondly, you get barely a months supply for around $30.00. I know that good make-up costs, but this by no means is good enough for that price tag. I have very uneven skin tone, and more often than not a few blemishes. I get better results out of Coty Airspun powder and it costs around $5.00. Lastly, when this product begins to wear off, it turns extremely cakey and wears off in patches, and while it is wearing off it is oxidating on your skin therefore turning you into a muppet. I have never given a product such a low rating, but for what I paid for this, I expected to not be dissapointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

When I first bought this, I was too afraid to use it because it was so expensive. But once I started using it I love and can't stop! It really does make my face matte and evens out redness. The powder is a little yellow, but that is what helps mask the red - just blend it in! I found this powder also helps cover under eye circles. I think this is an ideal powder compact - it offers some coverage as well as getting rid of shine and lasts a long time (most powders I have tried are too sheer or too heavy to use for a quick touch up). I like the sleek black compact - it has a nice big mirror and the sponge it comes with does a good job applying the powder (you have to pat it on, don't smear it across you face).
Great product - expensive, but I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by munken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm fairly impressed with this- the coverage is excellent and it really does even out your skintone beautifully. My only complaint is that when I reapply it it goes a little clogged around my nose, but generally this is a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:41:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I liked it a lot, though in the end the whole thing sort of fell apart inside the case.

The effect is really nice, though it's not cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kdfantasy

I used this product two years ago in the summer and really liked it. It covered all my minor imperfections and gave me a really even skin tone. However, i did a semester abroad in london and my skin broke out a lot (not from the make-up) and i had to buy something that offered more coverage. Now I have decided to try it again. So far, I still like it, but after buying some MAC lightful poweder in tokyo, i'm wishing this had added SPF as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the lightest shade and LOVE it. It is so finely milled, goes on so smooth and sets the rest of my makeup beautifully. It is a bit pricey, but will last a long time. Compact has a big mirror, too. The best pressed powder I've ever tried!