October 20, 2014 | 1925 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 8:39:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Dove for years and it's still the only bar soap I can use without drying out my skin though I wouldn't dream of using it on my face. Just a note that the "Unscented" bars are still scented. They smell like the original Dove soap, oddly enough. Much as I love Dove soap, I can't stand its scent. Get the "Sensitive Skin" bars if you want to avoid fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lenab

This soap has been great! Doesn't leave your skin greasy or tight. The perfect balance year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish that in the would you buy this product again there were a "yes yes yes" option. I've tried high end and low end soaps and cleansers but for some odd reason I always come back to Dove. It's like that one handbag you always reach for. My skin never feels as soft as when I use Dove. In fact I love how nice it makes my face feel, I have an extra bar in the shower. The one thing I have to say I wish they could find a way to work on is the fact the soap is virtually water intolerant. If you leave it in the soap dish with water, it will literally dissolve into liquid soap! Same in the shower. You have to put it somewhere it can dry. Other than that, it's the best soap ever. I've tried the sensitive skin, the original and the exfoliating. I like them all. At night I sometimes skip moisturizer, because this does it all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by bbretka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a bit of a sensative skin. I had a bout of ecsema about a year ago and my dermatologist recommended me to use this soap. I've not used anything since. Ok a few specialty soaps of any of the Dove body washes for a treat but I use the Sensative bar on a regular basis. I've noticed that my skin doesnt get as dry anymore. I have terribly dry skin in the winter and it helps soothe it. Definately scores high for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by cochic

just read an article in a magazine about how many dermatologists use this stuff on their faces and tried and i love it! who knew that cheap old dove would turn out to be such a great facial cleanser. it cleans really well. it removed all my makeup and didn't dry out my face! now, if only they would find a way to package it better so, i don't have to keep it in my soap dish!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite cleanser for my entire body, especially my face. Even though it's dirt cheap I still feel almost wrong using it anywhere but my face because it's so good. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the best cleanser I've used. It is gentle yet removes makeup easily. I used it for two years almost constantly before I decided a few months ago to experiment with something else. And I've been breaking out. My face misses its Dove! I'm buying more tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

My derm recommended this to me when I started using Tretinion Cream, and I'm so grateful. It really leaves my face so clean. I love it! When I'm wearing makeup, I use it after MAC Cleanse Off Oil. No more fancy-schmancy cleansers for me anymore. Try this for yourself--it's dirt cheap and it cleans without drying your skin.

UPDATE: I'm freaking out a little because I just found out the Unilever (parent company of Dove) discontinued this product in January 2007. They've replaced it with a product called Unscented Sensitive Skin, but the ingredients ARE NOT the same! Both Unscented Dove and Dove for Sensitive Skin have been discontinued. Dove has replaced them with a bar called Unscented Dove Sensitive Skin. The new bar has a different ingredients list than either of the two products it is replacing.

Ingredients in old formula Dove Unscented Beauty Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Eetidronate, BHT, Titanium dioxide.

Ingredients in new formula Dove Unscented Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Pam Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice product, it does its job without irritation. It lathers nicely most of the time, once I took it with me on a vacation and the water was different than I'm used to and it would hardly lather at all. I had to scrub it with my shower pouf a million times!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by silvercatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, lets be honest here. This is probably not the best "beauty" bar, but it's the best bar cleanser you can find especially for such a good price.
But by no means does that mean that this is the best thing to use on your face. It works wonders on the skin on my body, but as for face, eeeh... not so much.
Its not bad, but I prefer the aveeno bar soap which NEVER causes breakouts for me, and doesn't melt quite as easily. This did cause a mild irritation after a while and then after hat cleared up it caused acne.
I wouldn;t recommend this especially for people with sensitive skin because its also slightly drying BUT once in a while its a good alternative because it does clean off oils and whatever residue your skin may have built up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kc_sunshine02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many body washes and soaps over the years and have never been satisfied because I have very DRY and *super* sensitive skin. 2 bars that I found that I liked each cost $5-$6 per bar (Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Bar and La Roche Posay bar). Both were great to my sensitive skin but, why pay that kind of money when 1/2 the product is going to disinigrate anyway? I'm glad that I picked this up b/c it leaves my skin super soft, not dry in the least and not rashy at all. I do not use this on my face, only my body. I really am beginning to love Dove b/c I also use their deodorant w/ no problems at all. I would highly recommend this to my fellow sensitive skin friends. I simply just prefer a bar over a liquid body wash.