April 16, 2014 | 1938 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by cochic

just read an article in a magazine about how many dermatologists use this stuff on their faces and tried and i love it! who knew that cheap old dove would turn out to be such a great facial cleanser. it cleans really well. it removed all my makeup and didn't dry out my face! now, if only they would find a way to package it better so, i don't have to keep it in my soap dish!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite cleanser for my entire body, especially my face. Even though it's dirt cheap I still feel almost wrong using it anywhere but my face because it's so good. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the best cleanser I've used. It is gentle yet removes makeup easily. I used it for two years almost constantly before I decided a few months ago to experiment with something else. And I've been breaking out. My face misses its Dove! I'm buying more tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

My derm recommended this to me when I started using Tretinion Cream, and I'm so grateful. It really leaves my face so clean. I love it! When I'm wearing makeup, I use it after MAC Cleanse Off Oil. No more fancy-schmancy cleansers for me anymore. Try this for yourself--it's dirt cheap and it cleans without drying your skin.

UPDATE: I'm freaking out a little because I just found out the Unilever (parent company of Dove) discontinued this product in January 2007. They've replaced it with a product called Unscented Sensitive Skin, but the ingredients ARE NOT the same! Both Unscented Dove and Dove for Sensitive Skin have been discontinued. Dove has replaced them with a bar called Unscented Dove Sensitive Skin. The new bar has a different ingredients list than either of the two products it is replacing.

Ingredients in old formula Dove Unscented Beauty Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Eetidronate, BHT, Titanium dioxide.

Ingredients in new formula Dove Unscented Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Pam Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice product, it does its job without irritation. It lathers nicely most of the time, once I took it with me on a vacation and the water was different than I'm used to and it would hardly lather at all. I had to scrub it with my shower pouf a million times!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by silvercatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, lets be honest here. This is probably not the best "beauty" bar, but it's the best bar cleanser you can find especially for such a good price.
But by no means does that mean that this is the best thing to use on your face. It works wonders on the skin on my body, but as for face, eeeh... not so much.
Its not bad, but I prefer the aveeno bar soap which NEVER causes breakouts for me, and doesn't melt quite as easily. This did cause a mild irritation after a while and then after hat cleared up it caused acne.
I wouldn;t recommend this especially for people with sensitive skin because its also slightly drying BUT once in a while its a good alternative because it does clean off oils and whatever residue your skin may have built up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kc_sunshine02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many body washes and soaps over the years and have never been satisfied because I have very DRY and *super* sensitive skin. 2 bars that I found that I liked each cost $5-$6 per bar (Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Bar and La Roche Posay bar). Both were great to my sensitive skin but, why pay that kind of money when 1/2 the product is going to disinigrate anyway? I'm glad that I picked this up b/c it leaves my skin super soft, not dry in the least and not rashy at all. I do not use this on my face, only my body. I really am beginning to love Dove b/c I also use their deodorant w/ no problems at all. I would highly recommend this to my fellow sensitive skin friends. I simply just prefer a bar over a liquid body wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before now, I would have never contemplated using a bar soap (that I thought was meant primarily for the body) on my face. Earlier this year, however, I wanted to further simplify my skincare routine and use something that was more multi-functional. So, I began using unscented Dove and I love it. It lathers up really, really well and I love the smell (yeah, it's "unscented," but really there is just a masking fragrance so that the regular fragrance doesn't seem as strong). This is very gentle on my skin and one bar lasts for months (I still use Dial as my primary body soap). This has never caused me any irritation or clogged pores; it just leaves me with a feeling of clean. I will continue to re-purchase this soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 10:48:00 PM More reviews by silverspring1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG soap. I have very sensitive dry skin, and this is the best soap for me. Very moisturizing and non-irritating. I also like that it's unscented, for it spares me from the overly synthetic, cheap aroma that many soaps have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 1:56:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY soap bar I use on my body. I generally prefer body wash, so in my shower I use Aveeno Fragrance Free Skin Relief body wash for the most part. However, when I travel, or shower at the gym or my boyfriend's house or even when I have to shower super fast and only have time to skim a bar overy my body I ALWAYS have this. It is truly unscented (I know a few disagree here, but I can't smell a thing and I'm very sensitive to fragrance. In fact, the Dove sensitive skin body wash has a bit of scent to me which is one reason I use Aveeno-see my review on that), lathers well, rinses clean and completely, and leaves my skin soft. It never leaves my skin irritated with little red bumps or tight feeling, plus it is the best thing for washing the most sensitive "part" of the body whenever I feel I need more than just water.
In fact, it is recommended by both my gyno and derm! And with the fabulous price, it is simply something I will probably use for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

This is my favourite beauty bar from Dove. I use it on my face and it dosen't dry my out at all. My skin feel so much softer and cleaner after using this, than w/ regular cleaners. I think it's better than Clinique's facial soap, which I've adored. Bye Bye Clinique, Hello Dove.