September 2, 2014 | 1796 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Kerastase products and this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mrssarahturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Ciment Thermique. It leaves my hair soft, silky and most importantly for me, with noticeably less frizz. After using Ciment Thermique I don't need a serum or any other glossing product.

The only drawback is that it's pretty expensive, but it does last you ages. I have been using it a couple of times a week and am only on my second tube over the course of about 3 years! If you look online you can easily find it a few ús cheaper than buying from a salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Curcan

This is OKAY... i dont understand all the fuss about it. i thought it was going to make freaking miracles. still i rather use mousse which secures the straightened hair, instead of this this which makes it look nice.. but does not keep it like this for more than one day. i do not mind going though this product, but i dont think i will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Left my hair completely dry and damaged.

The only thing miraculous about this product is; how badly damaged it leaves you hair!

(The top reviews are again probably written by a marketing agency paid by Kerastase (owned by L'Oreal).

It would have been better to donate the money I spent on this product to charity, at least then my hair wouldn't be damaged.

I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I will tell you about my hair, so you can tell if this review is useful to you or not:
Very very very thin hair, lots of it, cut in an angled bob, flat and very easily weighed down by anything, hard to get volume out of it, but I try to get as much as I can!
So I love this product. It protects my hair from my GHD, which is great. But more than anything, I can use this instead of conditioner (because ALL conditioners weigh down my hair) and it gets rid of all my knots, but doesn't seem to weigh down my hair! This is amazing to me - you have no idea how many products I've tried to achieve this.

I use an almond-sized blob of this after towel-drying shampooed hair, then wait a while, comb my hair, then use my root booster (I use tigi now but might change soon), and then blow dry upside down and then straighten (even though my hair is straight, I get flyaways).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A miracle worker. Nothing beats this when it comes to smoothing frizzy hair - it's the only product I've ever found that makes my hair look and feel like I've been to the hairdresser. It doesn't weigh down fine hair, just makes it beautifully sleek and soft. I hope it is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This was highly recommended to me as a heat-styling protectant. I have fine, slightly wavy hair that's down to the middle of my back. It's currently been about a year since my last haircut (I know) and I have a ton of split ends. I don't expect any styling products to heal them, but this does make my hair feel very soft and healthy looking. Also, I love the scent. It's a bit pricy, but I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Iguanatan

I have straight, fine textured, just past shoulder length hair.
I HATED this product. I ended up with tangles and dryness.
Ironically I love the Kerastase Nutritive Nectar thermique, even though it is not meant for my oily hair type. I have gone back to this.
I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by stls

If I should choose one staple hair product to use for the rest of my life it would be this. I consider Kerastase products quite expensive but I wanted a great product to prevent heat damage and after reading so many reviews I bought this one. Win!

Let me explain: I have long curly coarse hair- and lots it- that I straighten 1-2 times a week (it's too time- consuming for every day since it takes a whole hour and a really hot flat iron) This process can be very damaging too. Here comes Ciment Thermique.

After washing my hair and conditioning I apply one and a half hazelnut size amount at the ends of my hair and whatever is left throughout the rest of it and massage. I like the fresh smell and the gel texture that doesn't feel sticky and spreads effortlessly. Then comb, blow dry without brushes and straighten with my flat iron (for an hour as I said before!)

Results: Silky smooth, glossy, bouncy, healthy- looking hair that reflect the light like never before! I'm convinced that it can not be only science, it's magic!
Even the next day, I just slip the flat iron once more quickly and they look sooo beautiful!
With this rate the 125 ml tube lasted over a year, so even though it's not cheap by any means it's true value for money. A little goes a long way, you don't have to use any anti- frizzing serum or glossing mist and the protection lasts even through a second wash.

Now my hair is almost waist long- and they have never been that long before. I get split ends after all of course, but hey, they are definitely less than before. I love Ciment Thermique, without it I would never know how beautiful my hair could be!

Update: over a year later I still use it and still believe it's awesome! I recently bought Nectar Thermique just to try something new though - I'll test it properly and add the comparision.

Update - Comparision: I like the packaging a bit better than CT, it easier to handle than the screw lid and looks more sleek.

The scent is more of a sweet artificial white floral, it's not unpleasant and doesn't linger long but I prefer CT's grapefruit-y scent.

The texture creamy, not too thick and a tad oily (compared to CT's gel- cream consistency, anyway)

I used them both the same way, applied the same amount on towel dried hair and blow dried. The I used my flat iron.

The flat iron didn't glide as smoothly, it was harder to straighten my hair- in fact I can't make look as sleek , lightweight, tangle free and flowy as with CT, they don't feel strong and nourished any more and where is that gorgeous shine? Just had a hair cut and they should look their best!

The heat protecting properties were fine but I didn't like the results. I finally bought CT again and voila, gorgeous movie star hair instantly! I'll never stray again...

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

my hair was frail & get static but with using this in conjunction with the green bottled shampoo, conditioner, and mouse my hair is in much better condition..how this acts on its own with other brands i don't know, im sure its just as good but my hair is def better using this brand and i am def buying it again when i run out..don't expect miracles but my hair is def in better condition from using it