November 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by TrainHoppingInDixieland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a heat protectant and I really enjoy it. Yes, it is a little pricey however, only a small amount is needed and I have had it for over six months and I'm still using the same bottle and I use it EVERYTIME I wash my hair. The smell is delicious and it makes my hair feel softer. Also, having blond hair sometimes products can reflect negatively on my hair and this does not, it makes it shine. I use this with Fibre Architecte and love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nicole1234nicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I did not like this product, but I think it was the fact that I wasn't using it properly. This is a heat activated leave in. At first I used a walnut sized amount, and blow dried my hair on medium heat. I was not impressed at all! My hair looked dry, brittle, and felt coarse. The smell was really off putting too. It kind of smelled like cat pee to me? lol
A few days later I decided to try it out again. I got the same results after blow drying, but I think the changing factor was running a flat iron over it after. It helped to get rid of the rough feeling, and was a lot more manageable. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this leave in, since I don't feel that it moisturizes enough.. or protects enough against heat for my already damaged hair. I still like it enough to use up the rest of the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Kerastase products and this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mrssarahturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Ciment Thermique. It leaves my hair soft, silky and most importantly for me, with noticeably less frizz. After using Ciment Thermique I don't need a serum or any other glossing product.

The only drawback is that it's pretty expensive, but it does last you ages. I have been using it a couple of times a week and am only on my second tube over the course of about 3 years! If you look online you can easily find it a few ús cheaper than buying from a salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Curcan

This is OKAY... i dont understand all the fuss about it. i thought it was going to make freaking miracles. still i rather use mousse which secures the straightened hair, instead of this this which makes it look nice.. but does not keep it like this for more than one day. i do not mind going though this product, but i dont think i will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Left my hair completely dry and damaged.

The only thing miraculous about this product is; how badly damaged it leaves you hair!

(The top reviews are again probably written by a marketing agency paid by Kerastase (owned by L'Oreal).

It would have been better to donate the money I spent on this product to charity, at least then my hair wouldn't be damaged.

I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I will tell you about my hair, so you can tell if this review is useful to you or not:
Very very very thin hair, lots of it, cut in an angled bob, flat and very easily weighed down by anything, hard to get volume out of it, but I try to get as much as I can!
So I love this product. It protects my hair from my GHD, which is great. But more than anything, I can use this instead of conditioner (because ALL conditioners weigh down my hair) and it gets rid of all my knots, but doesn't seem to weigh down my hair! This is amazing to me - you have no idea how many products I've tried to achieve this.

I use an almond-sized blob of this after towel-drying shampooed hair, then wait a while, comb my hair, then use my root booster (I use tigi now but might change soon), and then blow dry upside down and then straighten (even though my hair is straight, I get flyaways).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A miracle worker. Nothing beats this when it comes to smoothing frizzy hair - it's the only product I've ever found that makes my hair look and feel like I've been to the hairdresser. It doesn't weigh down fine hair, just makes it beautifully sleek and soft. I hope it is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This was highly recommended to me as a heat-styling protectant. I have fine, slightly wavy hair that's down to the middle of my back. It's currently been about a year since my last haircut (I know) and I have a ton of split ends. I don't expect any styling products to heal them, but this does make my hair feel very soft and healthy looking. Also, I love the scent. It's a bit pricy, but I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Iguanatan

I have straight, fine textured, just past shoulder length hair.
I HATED this product. I ended up with tangles and dryness.
Ironically I love the Kerastase Nutritive Nectar thermique, even though it is not meant for my oily hair type. I have gone back to this.
I