August 21, 2014 | 1947 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by highdistortion

I usually only wear eye liner, so I was looking for one that will last the whole day on the water line. This eyeliner does last longer then my regular one, but I find it hard to apply. It does not go on very dark, the way I like it. I am kinda disappointed in this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by yongseoforever

i bought it instead of the ud in zero because i read reviews that said that it was more waterproof than ud's. i do have to admit that when i swatched it on my hand, it stayed there for quite some time until i wiped it off with some makeup remover. however, i tried to tightline with this and my eyes watered SOOOOOOOOO much. i had used nyx's kohl eye pencil prior to the mufe one, so i thought that my eyes were just accustomed to extremely creamy pencils, so i sucked it up and tried to draw a nice opaque line. well while it was pretty black on my hand, the color barely went on to my upper waterline. i lined it quite a few times, and 10 minutes after wearing it, it had pretty much all dissapeared to the outer corners of my eyes. it had even transferred to my lower lashes! to be fair, it didn't transfer as much as the nyx kohl did, but i shelled out 18 bucks for a "waterproof" pencil for a reason. so i just thought that all pencils that weren't kohls were like this. WRONG! when i went to sephora the next week to return this, i asked an SA there what she would reccommend for tightlining, and she showed me to the BE big and bright eyeliner. (it was a twistie one, BONUS!) i was a bit skeptical, but once she cleaned it so i could try it out, I WAS AMAZED. i swiped it once across my eye and it GLIDEDD LIKE BUTTAH!! it was a nice opaque line, and i started blinking in amazement. so of course a little bit transferred onto my lower lash line, but that's because i didn't allow time for it to set. all in all, bad eyeliner. [i even tried to line my upper lid, since i heard that it was supposedly extremely creamy (and i thought that i just had unusually watery eyes or something) but it dragggged on it, however the lasting power was pretty good.]

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by az1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this pencil as a 100 point gift at Sephora. I was excited to get it, since my UD zero pencil is almost finished. However, I found it didn't glide on and it didn't give off the slightly smudged look that UD zero gives off. This pencil is very black and a little thick giving a more harsh line than I would like. Glad I got the sample, going to buy my UD zero now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by earn24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The sephora staff recommended me this one. When i tried at Sephora it was quite soft and did not smudge when i tried to rub it. But then. When i used it the first time it smudge so bad. Then i tried again on waterline. It didnt stay and smudge too. And it was quite hard

Sorry to say this but I don' t recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am stumped by the poor ratings for this liner. Like many others, I got a small sized pencil at Sephora for 100 points. I am thrilled with how this pencil performs. I don't know what it is - the shape of my eyes, or how they close or how I scrunch up my face when I'm laughing hysterically or really exerting myself at the gym, but even when I don't line my lower lashes, I somehow still end up with a black smudge (from the liner on my upper lashes) under my left eye! Sometimes, this just happens by the end of a long day for no apparent reason. But with the MUFE liner pencil - NOTHING!!! No smudge and my liner stays put beautifully. I like this so much better than just about every other liner I've tried - Urban Decay's 24/7 (what a JOKE - that stuff smudges and travels and collects in the outer corners of my eyes and I apply very lightly), MAC, Lancome, Clinique - they ALL smudge to my under eye area. But this Aqua Eyes liner pencil stays put. I will be purchasing a full size of this and at least 2 other colours as well. My only quibble is that I would prefer a "twist up" pencil - so much easier and no waste from sharpening.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a travel sized version of this eyeliner at Sephora, after I reached 100 points in my Beauty Bank. I was torn between this and a Korres sample; I'm kind of kicking myself for not going for the Korres instead!

What's good:

- As promised, it glides on easily. I lined my eyes in a minute with it. The lines were thick, but luckily I don't mind a thick, dramatic eyeliner look.
- The black is a very pigmented, deep dark black.
- It's smudgable, so you can do a sultrier eye.

What's bad:

- It's smudgable. As in, it's in no way budge-proof. As a test, I very lightly ran the tip of my index finger over either eye. Sure enough, I had very distinct, black streaks right away.
- NO WAY is this waterproof. After I did the finger test, I skipped my eye makeup remover, and washed this off with a trusty Dove Beauty Bar. Sure enough, not a trace of eyeliner was left after I was done.
- For a very average eyeliner (at least, for this shade) the price is too rich for my blood.

I will be plucking my sample of this product in the emergency beauty bag that I take to school. It's a nice black eyeliner, but it's nothing special, and in no way does it compare to my two HG black e/ls: 1) Bare Escentuals Big and Bright eyeliner in Intense Black, which can be applied thinner and makes the whites of my eyes sparkling, snow white; 2) Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Black Shimmer, which is gorgeous, and truly waterproof. Therefore, I won't be repurchasing this particular shade again. However, I would be interested in the Champagne color in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am still looking for that perfect eye pencil that stays on my waterline and this one kept my hopes up but this eye pencil doesn't work for me either. A Sephora employee was kind enough to recommend this eye pencil to me because I was wanting to get Stila's eye pencil in Stingray but was sold out. Anyways, I decided to buy it and so far, it's the best eye pencil I have but not what I am looking for. First of all, the names given to these eye pencils are very boring. For example this one is called 0L Mat Black. When it comes to naming colors, I like creativity but MUFE doesn't really do that. This eyeliner stays on my waterline for the most an hour and then starts to smear off. Surpisely, this one lasted longer on my waterline than the UD eye pencil did which is amazing. My last pro for this product is that it glides really nicely, just like UD's pencil does. I will not be repurchasing this because it doesn't stay on my waterline. I will definitely use this one up before I purchase what I wanted first, which was Stila's Smudge proof Eyeliner pencil in Stingray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a mini pencil, free with my purchase from sephora. I really like this a lot! Glides on smoothly, very pigmented, and won't budge. I swatched this with ud zero in my hand, they were basically the same. But when I rubbed it off, mufe wouldn't come off. Wow! So I decided to put my ud zero aside for now and use this first. Will definitely buy the full size, and try other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I got the mini of this in the recent Sephora MUFE gwp. I found it was very smooth, did not tug or pull when applying it. I lined top and bottom lid and waterline. The waterline did not last very long but the lids lasted all day and even the next morning (i was lazy and didnt take it off before bed) there was still some left under my eyes. There was a little smudging of the outer corner area during the day but nothing major. However I am planning to try other waterproof liners because Id like one to stay put even better and last on the waterline too. I said id buy again but im not 100% sure that i would, just depends if i dont find anything else better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I really wanted to like this product, but it smeared on me, even when I didn't apply it in my inner rims. It smears and then it becomes hard to remove the smears since its waterproof. I gave this to my mom and it works better for her ^_^ You need to use a water proof make up remover for this product or else it'll be more wash proof than water proof xD For the price and it's lack of staying power, I definitely will not be repurchasing.