Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

2.6

on 12/17/2009 6:42:00 PM

This is working, but that's it!!

on 9/8/2009 8:35:00 AM

RE: Nivea extra-gentle eye make up remover: So gentle that it doesn't actually remove your make up. Great for people who enjoy waking up with panda eyes. Is much more useful as a paperweight.

No need to waste your money on this when water is cheaper and much more effective. Granted, it doesn't irritate eyes, but that's probably because it isn't doing much to them in the first place.

on 9/2/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many eye make up removers that have been pricey and other cheap ones and this one is the best by far. Removes all makeup and doesn't irritate eyes at all. I prefer the Body Shop camomile eye makeup remover.

I bought this product after seeing Paula Begoun recommended it in her book. I have very sensitive eyes but this eye-make-up remover does make my eyes stingy, removes all my eye make-up and is very affordable. Very happy with my purchase.

on 8/5/2009 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably the worst makeup remover I've ever tried. Barely removed any of my eye makeup, just smudged it round. And it wasn't even waterproof mascara that I was wearing.

on 7/4/2009 4:08:00 AM

I like Lancome Bi Facil - it gets the job done, but I resent paying the money for it.

I'd tried the cheaper brands (under 5) such as L'Oreal, Simple, Olay, which all failed to totally remove my non-waterproof mascara leaving dark smudges under the eyes which had to cotton-budded (Q-Tipped)away the next morning. I'd try to rational that they may be half as effective,and needed twice as much, but they were still 75% cheaper that Lancome - but ultimately these cheaper purchases were still false economy in buying a product that didn't work first time around.

For the past year I've been using Boots No.7 Dual-Action Eye Make-up Remover, similar to Lancome, but half the price. I'd forgot to pack it for a recent holiday, so had to buy something at the airport. There wasn't a great choice, so chose one I'd not used before, Nivea's Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover at under 4, thinking it would probably be just like all the other cheap one's I'd tried, but it would be ok for a week and I could dump it.

It's fantastic. With just one application onto a cotton pad, it needs no time to activate, it's cooling on the eye area, light, there's no residue, leaves no trace of mascara, and it's cheap! I wear contact lenses and can be sensitive to some products, but this is the one I'll be using from now on.

on 4/6/2009 1:56:00 AM

When they say gentle oh boy do they mean gentle. After using it i still had blackish marks on my eyelids from the eyeliner which was annoying it didn't leave a oily feeling tho but it did leave my eyes feeling dry and tight. Definitely not buying this again

on 3/29/2009 2:35:00 AM

I don't understand all the bad reviews, of course it's not the best but at least it does its job - removing makeup. Its gentle, and definitely very cool and refreshing, and doesnt sting my eyes like other makeup removers do.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This makeup remover is a bit cheaper than L'oreals,but hardly do the job.It doesn't remove my mascara completly,I have to use a lot of water and it still doesn't go off,and I don't use waterproof mascars.
It doesn't irritate my eyes though,but I'd rather buy another.

on 3/13/2009 3:30:00 PM

This makeup remover did not work for me neither. I tried to use it seveal times on my non waterproof mascara, but warm water worked better. Very bad "makeup remover".