November 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Janine172

I like Lancome Bi Facil - it gets the job done, but I resent paying the money for it.

I'd tried the cheaper brands (under 5) such as L'Oreal, Simple, Olay, which all failed to totally remove my non-waterproof mascara leaving dark smudges under the eyes which had to cotton-budded (Q-Tipped)away the next morning. I'd try to rational that they may be half as effective,and needed twice as much, but they were still 75% cheaper that Lancome - but ultimately these cheaper purchases were still false economy in buying a product that didn't work first time around.

For the past year I've been using Boots No.7 Dual-Action Eye Make-up Remover, similar to Lancome, but half the price. I'd forgot to pack it for a recent holiday, so had to buy something at the airport. There wasn't a great choice, so chose one I'd not used before, Nivea's Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover at under 4, thinking it would probably be just like all the other cheap one's I'd tried, but it would be ok for a week and I could dump it.

It's fantastic. With just one application onto a cotton pad, it needs no time to activate, it's cooling on the eye area, light, there's no residue, leaves no trace of mascara, and it's cheap! I wear contact lenses and can be sensitive to some products, but this is the one I'll be using from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by juicyasfcuk

When they say gentle oh boy do they mean gentle. After using it i still had blackish marks on my eyelids from the eyeliner which was annoying it didn't leave a oily feeling tho but it did leave my eyes feeling dry and tight. Definitely not buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by octoberx

I don't understand all the bad reviews, of course it's not the best but at least it does its job - removing makeup. Its gentle, and definitely very cool and refreshing, and doesnt sting my eyes like other makeup removers do.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Passionfruit82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This makeup remover is a bit cheaper than L'oreals,but hardly do the job.It doesn't remove my mascara completly,I have to use a lot of water and it still doesn't go off,and I don't use waterproof mascars.
It doesn't irritate my eyes though,but I'd rather buy another.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makeup remover did not work for me neither. I tried to use it seveal times on my non waterproof mascara, but warm water worked better. Very bad "makeup remover".

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by annkk

This is the worst eye makeup remover that i've ever bought in my life. It dosen't even work & it makes my eyes red. There are other products out there that are much better..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by pulp84

this is he worst product that i've ever bought!!i doesn't remove any make-up and it hurt my eyes!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Now I like my luxury skin care products as much as every other girl but hey ,when t comes to basic stuff like eye make up remover ,you can't go wrong with this. It does the job perfectly.
Buy this, save your money and you can go buy some great fragrance or a good serum with the money you have saved on eye make up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this remover yet, I use it since I was 20 and I'm 32 y/o now.
Cheap and very effective (at least with my eye m/u), this is the only Nivea product I purchase with some regularity. I would recommend this stuff to anyone who use mascara everyday like I do - it leaves my lids and lashes feeling super clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a strange experience with this product in a way. I bought this a very long time ago, but I never used it and it ended up staying in my bathroom for a long time. I eventually forgot that I had it - but since i have recently been running out of my other remover, I thought I would look through some old products, and i finally found this one again. I have had a good experience with this remover for a few weeks, but I don't know how sure I am yet. The mascara that I am currently using is in itself fairly easy to dissolve, so that's why i'm not sure if I would be able to use this remover with my other mascaras :(. But in my experience so far, it has been really gentle, and my lashes have also been breaking a lot less than they used to. I pour some of the remover into a small cap, and i dip a Q- tip into it. Then I dab it all over my lashes and let it stay for a while, and the mascara comes off very easily afterwards. I will have to try this out with my other mascaras though, so i guess i have to update!