March 2, 2015 | 1980 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

LOVE this mask.
My mom purchased this mask from LUSH and forgot about it for almost a week so she was in a hurry to use it up before it went bad. I decided to give it a go since I've heard great things about it.

The texture is grainy and since it must remain chilled in the refrigerator, it feels nice and cool on the skin.

I left it on my face for about 10 minutes and when it began to dry out I washed it off. Normally I feel like there is leftover residue from masks so I have to go back in and wash my face with a cleanser but because this mask has the grainy exfoliating texture, I was able to scrub my face while washing the product off.

I was left with radiant soft and moisturized skin. I did not even have to apply a moisturizer after I washed off the mask like I normally do. The next morning, I noticed my pores were dramatically smaller and a lot of my blackheads were gone too.

The only bad thing about this mask is that it has a two week lifespan and will spoil after that because it is made of fresh ingredients =
I highly highly recommend anyone to try out this mask. It is gentle yet effective and cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and acne :(
Love Lettuce doesn't make me break out or cause any irritations.
It has a fine grittiness to it and makes a wonderful scrub.
I usually have to put a ton of moisturizer on at night, but after this mask I could go without it if I wanted to.
I recommend tying up your hair and maybe wearing a headband while using this mask. I got it all in my hairline and had fun washing it out after my shower :) oops

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by 143susie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin is very dry near my cheeks, but is normal/oily around my t-zone. So, I have combination skin. This review is for my fellow combo skin girls out there (:

So, Love Lettuce face mask isn't that appealing to look at - let's be honest here. However, I ADORE the scent. To me, it smells just like lavender. mmm.... very relaxing and nice! Scent wise, it's a treat to have on the face - the smell isn't too heavy or anything.

Now, there are ground almonds for exfoliating when you rinse off the mask. I could feel the almonds exfoliating, but the bits were kind of messy and annoying to rinse off.

After the mask, unfortunately, there was no "glow" to my skin like I expected. My skin was actually a bit irritated from the almond pieces! This mask didn't do anything for my skin.

The LUSH masks are just about $7 (very cheap for natural masks); I can get about 4 uses out of every one. The packaging is plain and cute, but the product can dry up in the twisty lid, so it can a tad messy/difficult to open the container. Some product can also get stuck in the lid. Still, I like the twisty top, because not a lot of products (aside from LUSH) open with a twisty top.

SAVE YOUR BLACK POTS GUYS!! 5 empty black pots brought back to LUSH, and you got yourself a free fresh face mask. It's fun for the at-home-spa-day lovers (like me hehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This fresh mask smells bit weird and is hard to wash off. BUT the skin feels super soft and looks bright.
A great product for those, who donít mind the fact that the jar has to be finished within a month and needs to be stored in a fridge. For me this is a big disadvantage as I use masks only once a week/once a two weeks and I never was able to finish it. Also it is a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 More reviews by shrimpski

This is the first face mask from Lush I have tried and I quite like it, I have it on right now!
When you first open the pot, the lavender is quite prominent, and is good for balancing the skin's oil production. Smells lovely too!
It also has honey and almond oil to moisturise the skin, kaolin and Fullers Earth (highly absorbing clay) to absorb oil, almond shells to exfoliate and agar agar to soften the skin.

I love applying it straight from the fridge, it's so refreshing! I leave it on for 15 mins, apply a little warm water and massage my face, then rinse off.

My skin is sooo soft afterwards, I can't help but touch it (bad I know!)! My face didn't feel tight either or dry. I bought this because I have oily skin. My skin stays shine free for a few hours, but it returns soon after that. It's not the mask's fault, it's just my annoying skin type. I'll have to try Lush's mattifying moisturiser and if that helps.

In Australia, a pot costs $15.95, lasts 3-4 weeks in the fridge and is said to have 5 masks worth in a pot. I get more than that, even though I try and apply as much as I can. I believe I get about 8-10 out of one pot, making it worth the money. To get my 8-10 masks within the use-by date range, I use it every 2-4 days depending.

Love Lettuce is recommended for normal to oily skin types, but I'm going to try Cupcake next (for teenage oily skin with breakouts) and see how that compares to Love Lettuce.

If you have normal to oily skin, I would definitely recommend LL, your skin will feel amazingly soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Love Lettuce! It's not too expensive, and it's a really refresing mask. My summer night job is making ice cream in a really hot drive thru, and my face just loves this after a rough night at work! It doesn't leave a greasy residue at all, and it makes my skin feel very soft after.

I usually put this on after I've washed off my makeup, leave it on for at least 10 minutes, rinse/massage off with warm water, and then I swipe on some Tea Tree toner. I'll purchase this over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by NotACliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin: Oily all over, VERY Acne prone, Uneven texture, Scarring.

This is the only facemask I have ever used up and repurchased. I love the cool feeling when applying it straight from the fridge and the smell is unobtrusive. It also doesnt break me out!

Once applied the mask takes about ten minutes to set, after that I splash some warm water onto my skin and gently massage the exfoliation beads over my face. Then I simply rinse it off.

My skin glows after each time I use this, it is left smooth and silky. Any redness is calmed down and any roughness has disappeared. It seems to help fade my acne scars a little too! I apply a small amount of moisturiser afterwards, either DDMG or sometimes Lush Enzymion.

I know many people hate putting their fingers into the product, but I just use a teaspoon to scoop out a little from the big pot. None goes to waste as you can get out every last drop :)

I went away from it for a while as I wanted to try a clay mask, and my Lush store was having issues with face mask deliveries, but I've just finished my first Love Lettuce mask from my new pot and I have remembered why I was in love in the first place!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by barsoap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fresh mask is great for exfoliation and making my skin soft. I do not have oily skin and generally have minimal problems with acne, so cannot comment on the mask's effect in this aspect. However, I have dull skin sometimes and Love Lettuce makes a really obvious difference in making my skin smooth and soft! It has a relaxing and cooling effect with its subtle lavender scent, and it is really value for money for how much use I can get from a pot. Lush recommends using it up within two weeks, but I generally use it a month beyond the expiration date with no problems. Since the almond grains can be harsh on skin, my usage is normally once weekly or at times fortnightly if I am busy. Recommended Lush product - it is one of the best and most economic exfoliators I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mask of all time so I hate how difficult this is to get. I have to go to the store every month if I want to get a pot of this, and it doesnt last very long (I think they said 2 weeks in the fridge?) and the last time I went to the mall just for this and they didnt even have any! They were out :(
And the cost per use is pretty high too I think. *sigh*
But for my oily acne prone skin it is fantastic - it is one of the FEW masks that does not sting my face. It leaves my skin feeling sooo smooth, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found that the exfoliating grains in this product were pretty harsh on my skin. When I washed it away it was actually quite painful and left my skin red! It was also very very drying and I had to slap on a load of moisturiser afterwards. Another point to consider is that it won't last very long, as because it has fresh ingredients it will go off in a few weeks, so not very economical (although better for your face).
I think that this would be better for someone with oily skin. The lady who recommended it to me probably went on the fact that I have a few spots on my chin; but overall my skin is dry so it wasn't really the best idea! Would be good for oily skin, but not for dry :)