July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by brnidgrlx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mineral powder! In my quest to switch from liquid foundation to mineral foundation, I have tried several powders before discovering this one. This is by far my favorite. It applies effortlessly and quickly and provides medium to full coverage depending on how many layers you apply. I like that it easily coves blemishes and that it stays put for a long time. The only negative (and this may not be a negative to you) is that the powder leaves your face looking a little shiny. I just make sure that I apply a powder to cover up the shine. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by dk34

I love this powder! it makes my face look very luminous and healthy. The powder is very finely milled and never looks cakey on my face. works great with any foundation or by itself. definitely a repurchase.

cons: hard to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Today is my first day using Laura Mercier's mineral powder foundation and I can't wait to share how happy I am about this product. I've always been disgusted by the long list of ingredients in cosmetics - just imagine piling all those parabens and alcohol on your skin... eww. So I decided to go mineral and looked for the shortest list of ingredients on the market. And this foundation is so awesome: (1) you don't feel as if you're wearing makeup at all; (2) it looks very natural after you've put it on; (3) it lasts all day - no fading, no caking; (4) it is very good at oil control - my face didn't get shiny until after 12 hours.

I wear this foundation with the Laura Mercier foundation primer beneath and they both work wonders. To top it off, I apply the Laura Mercier pink sparkle mineral powder blush on my cheeks. Love the natural look! And love knowing that the stuff on my face will not hurt my skin! My skin can breathe and I actually feel my acnes calmed down after one day. Definitely will elevate this to HG status.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially I hated this product, I had it in the shade Soft Porcelain (my pale colour), it did not blend into your skin well, emphasized all my dry spots and looked super cakey. I had applied it with my sigma buffer brush.

I start fake tanning and have been buying foundation in my "dark" colour and decided to give this a shot again. I purchased it in natural beige, and it looks amazing! I make sure I moisturize well, then use MAC SPF50 prep and prime on top and then apply the powder with an ELF flat top brush, it blend amazingly into my skin, almost can't see it, gives medium coverage and stays all day.

My review has gone from 1 to 4/5 easily, I don't know if the formulations differ between shades or if my skin being deeper and better application techniques really made all the difference. This product definitely works differently if applied right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite mineral powder foundation. If you are looking for a mineral powder that will give you a glow, this is the one for you. My skin is normal/dry and so I can use the glowy sheen it gives me but if you have oily skin, you may not like this because as the day wears on it may start to look on the greasy side. What is different about the LM versus Bare Minerals and most other mineral powders is that it contains Pearl Powder which is what is mainly responsible for the sheen it gives to the face. I think it makes all the difference because with products like Bare Minerals, my face appeared dry throughout the day and that is the opposite of what I want. I am MAC NW 25 for reference and in the LM, I wear the Natural Beige. This shade is more of a neutral undertone for light to light/medium skin tones. If you are light to light/medium range there is a good color selection. I wear this on its own and I also wear it over BB Creams or light coverage foundations. I like it both ways but for more coverage, I prefer it over another foundation. This product is perfect to throw over a foundation that maybe doesn't give you that glow you want or you can dust it lightly on the areas of the face that you do want the glow. Gorgeous creamy texture that appears very shimmery when swatched but transfers to the skin in a much more natural way... so don't be too alarmed if you swatch it and think it looks way too shimmery.

Staying power is decent and in line with all the other mineral foundations I've used.. I like to wear the Korres Silicone Free primer underneath, I find that it glides on so easily over a primer. I will say that in araes I need more coverage like a blemish, I will put on a concealer and set it w/ a normal powder because I don't like to dab mineral powder on spots, its meant to be thinned out and not just caked on to a spot unless you do some good blending around the blemish. Oh, and it lasts forever!! So it is worth the $36- you get more in the container than most mineral powders so if you compare price and quantity, its really not that much pricier.

Overall, great for normal to dry skin.. oily skin I would stay away. If you are looking for matte finish... keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This really is an exceptional powder I mean literally fabulous! Normally, I use the cheapest powders I can find cus I'm not really a fan of spending huge amounts of money on something to just set my foundation (especially when ultra expensive ones I've had previously have been a real let down!) but this is something else. I have this in the lightest shade and its really beautiful, it sets the make up perfectly for a nice sheer matte finish, and if I've gone a little bit heavy which is a common mistake for me to do, my foundation looks a little orange, this just lightens everything up and gets it all looking natural. It is silly expensive, but I was recommended this and it is literally brilliance so worth the splurge in my opinion. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Tender Rose and I'm an NW 15-20. I think this is a good color match. Overall, I like this powder foundation. It has good coverage and it lasts all day. I don't like how heavy and tight my skin can feel if I've applied too much. That's fine though because I've learned when to stop buffing more on. I have oily skin and I have to blot my t-zone at midday. But, it doesn't make me crazy greasy or anything. I will buy it again because I like having a powder foundation for days when I'm to lazy to apply liquid. I also really like taking this when I travel because it's more convenient.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for close to 2 years now, natural beige & classic beige, trying & trying to make it work, using different brushes, primers & moisturizers underneath. I am NC 30-40; first off, I had various LM fdn., but they never seem to agree with my skin, it is either too light with an ashy cast, and if I go a shade too deep, it gets muddy looking. Eventually I get 2 shades and mix them, still it does not work out.
Secondly, that "luminosity" looks so fake on me, not as much as that gawd-awful Bare Essential crap, but a trailing second. That also means layering for more coverage is not an option with this powder. I never had issues with pores, only issues with uneven skintones, yet my pores showed up, no matter how much I buffed it in.
I came to the conclusion and give up on LM fdn just because she did not get the "yellows" right, I think as the yellow goes deeper, you have to add some orange to warm it up, otherwise it looks muddy-brown.
This is one line I will give up, totally.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I know a lot of people love this but sadly it made me break out. It gave me that weird itchy feeling that some mineral makeup give and then I started noticing little bumps. I tried it 3 different times before giving up on it working for me.
Otherwise it's a pretty decent mineral foundation. It's creamier and easier to blend than BE and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium and I definitely still have to use concealer with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Good control of oil in T-zone. Quite natural look too. But the packaging is not good in the sense that it's difficult to control the amount.