Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a really, really great foundation/powder for everyday wear. I very rarely ever repurchase a product, however I just purchased my third pot of this stuff. I admit, I strayed and tried a few other things between my second pot and my latest pot, but at least now I can really appreciate this stuff. What I especially love is how easy it is; I pour a tiny bit into the lid, work it into the bristles of my brush, and then buff it into my skin. It blurs imperfections amazingly well. I don't really worry about how I'm going to deal with bad skin days when I have this on hand because I know it seems to deal with every imperfection beautifully. With one layer of this buffed into my skin, red marks/blemishes are blurred but they still show through. The skin on the bridge of my nose is very prone to flakiness/dryness, despite always moisturizing before applying makeup; with pretty much every other foundation I have tried (most of which have been liquids), these flakes have been emphasized and it takes a lot of effort to exfoliate that area excessively and really try to get the formula to cover without emphasizing the less-than-smooth skin... With this powder, I can literally just buff it into the skin on my nose in less than two seconds and it looks *flawless*. Another thing about this product that wins me over is the fact that it never clogs my pores, breaks me out, or causes any skin irritations. While other foundations may not break me out in a dramatic, obvious way, I truly feel good about putting this on my skin everyday; I feel like my skin can still breathe and like I'm not sacrificing the health of my skin for the illusion of a good complexion. How does it wear during the day? My skin has a tendency to become extremely oily throughout the day and this holds up pretty well for me. It doesn't prevent any oiliness but it doesn't make me any oilier. It does transfer, however, and would probably work best on skin a little less oily than mine because if I, for example, touch my nose halfway through the day, it will leave a smear of makeup because the formula has separated from my skin a little. I'd say my skintone is mostly around NC25 in MAC (NC20 at my very, very palest and somewhere between NC25 and 30 during the summer) and I wear this in Real Sand. I think it's a good match for my neutral (slightly golden) undertones. Last winter I went through a pot of Tender Rose and in comparison to Real Sand the undertone was a little too pink for me. I do wish the shade range was slightly larger because in the dead of winter, Real Sand does not match my neck. I have never purchased the other lightest shade, Soft Porcelain, but I did test it out last time I was in Sephora and I want to note that it appeared quite yellow on the back of my hand. I think it would work beautifully on maybe an NC15 (it would do an amazing job neutralizing redness), but I do wish they had a neutral that was a shade lighter than Real Sand. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because I'm determined there is something better out there, this hasn't satisfied me enough to stop searching.

on 8/23/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mineral powder & have been using this product for a llloooonngg time. So, I'm a big fan:) This powder never feels to clog my pores or affect my skin in any unhealthy way.

The only problem I have is the small selection of color. During fall/winter/spring, I'm very much "REAL SAND," BUT in my summer months, nothing is quite right. I still use "NATURAL BEIGE" during summer (sometimes I even mix it with REAL SAND). I use this powder as a liquid foundation: mix it with toner & apply with MAC stippling brush. I love the dewy look. If I seal it with MUFE (or ELF) HD Powder, my oily-prone face stays put for good 3-4 hours without ANY touchup!

I normally prime my face with Kiehls Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ Sunscreen & some type of BB cream/ tinted moisturizer & seal with MUFE HD Powder.
All I ask for is more color selection, please:-/

Love this powder! I use this on top of Laura Mercier's tinted mosturizer in Nude. I just dust this lightly over my face using a MAC powder brush. It really does make my makeup last longer and its the only powder I've tried that has not broken me out. It has a bit of a satin finish, but does not accentuate dryness whatsoever. This is truly a great product, I would definitely repurchase!

on 8/1/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to add my love for this powder foundation - but with a few caveats.

Sometimes, I am not feeling great and am just not up to liquid foundation and all that it entails. I saw a lot of blogs about this mineral powder that absolutely raved, and thought I had to try it. It seemed like a great solution for "no makeup".

One of the bloggers wears my same shade in Bourjois liquid foundation - shade 51 - and she uses Soft Porcelain in the mineral powder. So, that is what I ordered. It costs $36.00 and comes in eight shades. Soft Porcelain is the lightest

It is packaged in the same type of jar as Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder, but the mineral powder has a plastic cover inside that twists so that you can control how much powder you pour out. It doesn't come with a brush.

Luckily, I already had a mineral makeup brush from years ago (Jane Iredale) and that is what I used. I tip a super tiny amount of product into the cap, dip my brush in, swirl it around, tap off the excess, and touch lightly to my cheek and in a swirling motion cover about 1/3 of my face. I repeat this process for the remaining 2/3 of my face, doing 1/3 at a time. You need very little product.

The color goes on a little powdery/ghostly at first, but settles down pretty quickly into a super natural, flawless, glowing finish. The coverage is light and I have to use concealer first to cover anything like spots or pigmentation. The feeling of the powder is literally powder to cream. It didn't cling to dry patches on my combination/dry skin. My face didn't feel chalky or dusty like with some mineral powders I have tried. I got a ton of compliments from my family on how great my skin looked.

It feels so comfortable it is like you aren't wearing anything. And it is so easy to touch up since it is a powder. You can even pick up a tiny bit of powder on a concealer brush and tap it onto imperfections.

The only downside is that I feel it didn't do so well when I was sweating in hot weather. Outside, during a heat wave, I checked the foundation and it looked streaky. Definitely not a good look. Had to take off a star.

Overall, this is a fabulous powder and I think most people would love it.

on 7/31/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Two words: LIFE-SAVER.

My skin breaks out from every single mineral make-up and every kind of foundation in the entire world. Laura Mercier is the ONLY make-up that I can wear that is not irritating in any way :) It makes my porcelain skin go from blah to perfect. I hope Laura never discontinues this magical formula.

on 7/26/2013 4:09:00 AM

I got it in Real Sand and this is my first mineral powder. I have not tried other brands yet. This seems to work fine for my oily skin. It has a bit of a sheen which makes my face looks healthy and radiant. It is not scented, blends well with medium coverage.

I have never found a foundation that I really like and match my skin color,and I decided to try a powder so I bought this in" real sand" and I love it, it matches my skin perfectly! I'm like an nc25 in mac. It feels lightweight, and is a light coverage. It gives a luminous finish but it is still natural. I don't find a particular smell in the product, and the best of all is mineral! good for your skin! the only thing is that is too light coverage for me.

I would repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This powder is hands-down perfect! I have pretty normal, clog-prone skin. I stumbled upon this powder while in the process of trying translucent setting powders to lay on top of my NARS TM. None of them seemed to really increase the longevity of my makeup and they seemed to take away any glow from my tinted moisturizer. I was chatting with a friend about my no-setting-powder blues and she recommended this...and I've been obsessed ever since! I use a fluffy powder brush, and flatten it with 3 fingers, pressing and rolling the powder onto my skin. It sets everything for the day, giving a radiant, poreless finish. Best of all, my usual 4 'o clock T-zone shine doesn't come through. A jar generally lasts me almost an entire year with daily usage as a setting powder. The only thing I don't love bout this powder is the packaging--it doesn't travel with! Even if you lock the powder grate, watch out when opening the jar because a bunch will have still come out.

on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of only two mineral makeups that I can honestly say I have ever liked. I hate BE and everyday minerals looks cakey on me plus since they changed their ingredients, I don't trust them anymore.

I got Real Sand in the mineral makeup kit from Sephora. It came with secret concealer, Mineral primer, Candlelight powder and a brush. It's a really good kit for the price and I have used it almost every day for the past three weeks. That is a record for me with minerals. Normally I hate the coverage or find that they cake into my fine lines and make me look older than I am and I look 8-10 years younger than my age.

I have Fair, Sensitive/Combo, clog prone, dermatitis prone skin. A lot of ingredients including some natural ones will make me flare into dermatitis overnight. So I'm very careful about reading labels and checking ingredients. This one had excellent ingredients and the bismuth was far down on the Ingredient list so I took a chance and ordered this. I love it! It's super easy to apply, no dip, swirl tap and buff business. I can get even coverage in less than a minute. It's perfect for the hotter and humid weather and seem ed to last about 6 hours on me out in 90 degree heat with high humidity. I think that's pretty good considering I was dripping in sweat.

The Mineral makeup alone on me looks matte. My skin is combo but on the oily side most of the year. It controls my oily t-zone very well. No caking at all. The real sand is a good color for me, it has a more yellow base and is very flattering. After a few minutes it seems to adjust to my skincolor and looks very natural. I think I will definitely be buying a full size of this when my smaller one runs out. I was also surprised that it actual photographs well as most minerals are not photo friendly. I think the Titanium dioxide in it is much less than most minerals. I would highly recommend this mineral makeup for sensitive skin types. I breakout even from so called hypoallergenic makeups but this one actual helped my skin look better over three weeks use. No zits!!!lol

on 5/24/2013 11:35:00 AM

This product gives a gorgeous, luminous yet not shiny finish. I was in awe the first few weeks of using it. But then I noticed tiny bumps underneath my skin and did some research online. I found out that I might be sensitive to mineral makeup so I quit using it. So while this finish of this powder is amazing, you should be sure that you are not sensitive to mineral makeup. I also did not like the fact that it has SPF in it because SPF in powder products is not advised since there is a chance of inhalation which carries a small, yet definite risk.