October 31, 2014 | 1622 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do get the hype with this product. leave a beautiful finish and great for people that o not want to use liquid. Thebiggest issue with this is the itching. If i sweat wearing this it ithes me like crazy. even in the winter my face feels uncomfortable. biught it twice at different times to see if i was imagining it but still itches..when i said that to the sales associate, she thought i was crazy...but be advised the ingredient bismouth (or soemthing arlong that line) causes the itching. the product leaves a lovely glowy look and would recommend if you dont experience the itching.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by wishmeluck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've found that this is a great foundation for combination skin. It does need a primer and it also needs to be buffed in well. The coverage is medium. You may need to use a powder like Dermablend to deglow (is that a word?) right around your t-zone. I've found it lasts quite well throughout the day. I've used it for over a year now and have had no trouble with my combination, breakout-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mshin

The first time I tried this, the makeup artist at sephora applied the tender rose shade on me and it looked horrible! I didn't think she put that much on me but it was really really cakey and within minutes I wanted to wash my face off completely. As I was washing and toning my face, it took my forever to get all of the makeup off because she had applied so much so I was a bit turned off by this foundation thinking that it could go cakey and heavy easily. Not to mention I looked ghostly white -- I think the shade was too light for me and it really washed me out. It really says something if you look better without the foundation than with..
Than later I received this as a present in real sand which is a touch closer to my current skin tone but still just a hair too light. I applied it very lightly (just enough) and it looked 100x better. I personally like the finish for day time as its only slightly glowing (not as heavily dewy as some people are making it out to be). I still prefer her tinted moisturizers over this foundation though which are a lot more illuminating in my opinion. I've always liked the packaging as well so no problem there.
I have dry skin so this works great but I would feel a little nervous if you have really really oily skin and use this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I tried this foundation three years ago, and didn't like it, but now I thought to give it one more chance cause it contains "good ingredients".

This unfortunately looks awful on my very oily, acne-prone skin. I have really large pores after many years of acne, and my skin is quite uneven... This only made these flaws look even more awful...more enlarged pores, and it gave a "sweaty" look ( it contains something "sparkling"- is it pearl powder.??)

I also realized that the shades contain a little different ingredients from each other; the real sand is much more glittery than the tender rose! Beside this my skin is a mix of the porcelain - tender rose - real sand shades.... Even if I'm a NC/NW 15 (and I use Linen/ Fairly Light Neutral in EDM) I need some more yellow/beige in my foundations to neutralize my redness. The porcelain is really neutral but too light, the tender rose a little too pink, but the real sand too "orange" on my pale skin. And this is a problem with this expensive product!

Coverage is light/medium in my opinion.

BUT I could live with the price if I liked the finish....but I hated it!! Can't stand the sweaty look!! :(

I think this suites dry and normal skin types!

Make sure to really, really try it before you purchase!! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by mzcris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my first use of this product I had to take a double look in mirror to make sure I was seeing things right. My first impression is that the finish of this product is not matte. It is a "glowing" type of finish that just makes my skin look shimmery = not a good look. The coverage is light to medium, if you have hyper pigmentation it will not assist much in hiding those blemishes. For my skin needs, I regret purchasing this product. The packaging is quite big but there is a lot for product for the price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by eeeee

I hesitated purchasing this foundation because of the price tag, but I needed something desperately. I have sensitive, super oily and horribly acne-prone skin (yay me).. I've been recovering from a terrible cystic acne breakout and have dark scars on my cheeks. After having experienced considerable success with natural products in almost completely eradicating the problem, I figured.. a more natural type foundation would be best, and with the great reviews this one in particular has, I figured I would give it a shot.

Anyway... I LOVE this! It's my new HG foundation! I had used Bare Minerals for a while a long time before this before realizing that the foundation was a horrible color match (too red). It was like using blush for years that you thought looked great until one day you realized you've been leaving the house looking like a clown. Anyway, I have tan skin with yellow undertones and this was a great match, something that's nearly impossible for me to find (shade is Rich Vanilla).

This was also perfect for my acne-prone skin, I experienced no breakouts whatsoever. And in combination with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which I dust on after the foundation, it kept my ridiculously oily skin matte for HOURS. That's a miracle! Now, I use a bit of Benefit's the Porefessional on my nose, and that helps a bit but I wear it nowhere else on my face and the oil control has been exceptional. Nearly brought me to tears because nothing has controlled the oil on my face like this before.

Now, I took one lippie off for coverage... Sure it's buildable, but I find only to an extent. I have dark undereye circles and feel like I have to use a concealer. I use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer which I bought because of the skin match. Now it does have great coverage but I've hated using it alone because it settles into creases. However, under the foundation, it performs wonderfully. In addition, because of my dark acne marks, I must use a concealer for them too and in this case it's Neutrogena's Skinclearing Blemish Concealer.

Pros:
Does not break me out.
Provides the best oil control I have ever found in conjunction with mineral veil.
Matches my skin tone very well.
Doesn't look cakey no matter how much I pile on.
Long-lasting.

Cons:
Price (justifiable, because it's so great, but I still don't like it).
Coverage - although buildable, I must use concealer for really dark spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by brnidgrlx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mineral powder! In my quest to switch from liquid foundation to mineral foundation, I have tried several powders before discovering this one. This is by far my favorite. It applies effortlessly and quickly and provides medium to full coverage depending on how many layers you apply. I like that it easily coves blemishes and that it stays put for a long time. The only negative (and this may not be a negative to you) is that the powder leaves your face looking a little shiny. I just make sure that I apply a powder to cover up the shine. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by dk34

I love this powder! it makes my face look very luminous and healthy. The powder is very finely milled and never looks cakey on my face. works great with any foundation or by itself. definitely a repurchase.

cons: hard to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Today is my first day using Laura Mercier's mineral powder foundation and I can't wait to share how happy I am about this product. I've always been disgusted by the long list of ingredients in cosmetics - just imagine piling all those parabens and alcohol on your skin... eww. So I decided to go mineral and looked for the shortest list of ingredients on the market. And this foundation is so awesome: (1) you don't feel as if you're wearing makeup at all; (2) it looks very natural after you've put it on; (3) it lasts all day - no fading, no caking; (4) it is very good at oil control - my face didn't get shiny until after 12 hours.

I wear this foundation with the Laura Mercier foundation primer beneath and they both work wonders. To top it off, I apply the Laura Mercier pink sparkle mineral powder blush on my cheeks. Love the natural look! And love knowing that the stuff on my face will not hurt my skin! My skin can breathe and I actually feel my acnes calmed down after one day. Definitely will elevate this to HG status.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially I hated this product, I had it in the shade Soft Porcelain (my pale colour), it did not blend into your skin well, emphasized all my dry spots and looked super cakey. I had applied it with my sigma buffer brush.

I start fake tanning and have been buying foundation in my "dark" colour and decided to give this a shot again. I purchased it in natural beige, and it looks amazing! I make sure I moisturize well, then use MAC SPF50 prep and prime on top and then apply the powder with an ELF flat top brush, it blend amazingly into my skin, almost can't see it, gives medium coverage and stays all day.

My review has gone from 1 to 4/5 easily, I don't know if the formulations differ between shades or if my skin being deeper and better application techniques really made all the difference. This product definitely works differently if applied right!