October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara. Extremely waterproof, almost a pain to get off. Good length. It works best as a second mascara to put on top of another

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why is this product still talked about so much? I don't know of anyone who actually likes it. The bristles on the brush are spaced out in is such a way that this doesn't do anything for my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no clue why so many magazines recommend this garbage or why it has so many faithfuls. I am not anti drugstore makeup I must say first. There are plenty of fantastic choices there. I'm just saying this is not it.

This mascara never really dries completely. It will end up half way down your face by then end of the day. And FORGET it if it's humid out. You're definitely SOL then. I once opened the oven and my lashes immediately stuck together.

To top it off this stuff smells nasty. It may not be expensive but seriously don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never hated a mascara more in my life than this one, and i have tried a lot. Its by far the worst, it smells bad, it smudges to easily, the brush it terrible and it did absolutely NOTHING at all than ruin my eye makeup. TERRIBLE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Clumps and smudges more than any other mascara I've ever used. I have no idea how it wins "awards".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

No, no, no. I had a horrible reaction. My eyelids became so swollen and red that everyone thought I had pink eye. Well, the doctor said no--it was this mascara. The Blackest of Black Noir one. I am not that sensitive, and I am terrified of trying new mascaras now..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

clumpy and smudges too easily

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jamiesue828

I'm wearing this now. It's a classic. My only issue is that it smears right under my eye brow from my eye lashes touching my skin. Other than that I love it. Always have, always will.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg i love this mascara. it is cheap and you can find it almost anywear. even at a dollar store. it is just your basic mascara but thats all ive ever really needed. i take it everywhere with me and it has never let me down. no smearing or smudging and it is waterproof. love it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Avonlea82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara as my go to for most of my adult life. I have tried others - i.e. Falsies, notably. But for the price point, I really like this one. I have very long, mid-range volume, very light red/blonde eyelashes. Since they are long I may be easier to please. I tend to buy this one in the "blackest black" colour although I have also purchased the brown many years ago. I do not find it too clumpy (when it gets clumpy out of the bottle I know it is time to buy a new one, but it generally lasts more than a few months) and I don't have issues usually with the lashes sticking together. I find my best technique for using this mascara is to swipe the applicator around the sides of the bottle (no pumping), then wiggle (small side to side action) the applicator from the bottom of the lash in a continuous motion to the ends. What I really do like about this mascara is the shape of the brush - I like the tapered end as it gives me more control. I don't like when brushes are too one-dimensional or too huge. When the brushes are very fat I find I get more mascara on my skin than on my eyelashes. The tapered end is the best thing to pick up the tiny blonde lashes at the edges that I cannot see (I wear glasses, so I am doing this half blind, mind) before putting mascara on them.

It's not a glamorous mascara - doesn't give super luscious lash but is definitely my go-to for every day.