Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 12/11/2014 11:03:00 PM

Literally the worst mascara. Applies wet and seems to stay a bit wet. Makes it look like I have a total of 4 (admittedly very black) lashes on each eye. Smudges and runs no matter what I do with it. Formula irritates my eyes when it inevitably runs into them. Seems to straighten my lashes even if I curl them?? I don't even know what kind of black magic this mascara is! If it works for you then congrats, but I wouldn't recommend it to others tbh.

on 12/7/2014 12:52:00 AM

Keep your money in your pocket! Im surprised maybellene keeps having loyal customers for this mascara. Doesnt do much, have to apply about 3 coats so i can maintain the look of long eyelashes.

on 12/1/2014 9:40:00 AM

WARNING !! YOU ARE NOT ALONE :Let me just say i have been wearing makeup forever and love makeup and have never been sensitive/ allergic to anything a day in my life ..so i bought this mascara because it was cheap and i just switched from wearing black mascara to brown so just wanted to try how brown mascara would look on me.. and think i wore it years ago when i first started wearing makeup well let me just say the worst mistake ever the brown mascara color looked fantastic but the mascara made my eyes puffy -ITCHY- the next day after wearing it this is a terrible product for maybelline ive used many maybelline mascaras and have always loved them but this one should be discontinued its the worst thing that have happened to my eyelids ever ! now i have to wait till my eyes stop itching and stinging till i can wear my makeup boo you suck Great Lash -number one mascara, i think NOT !

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a huge obsession with mascara. Every time I run out I buy a new kind to try out. I figured I would try this one out since its been on this earth for ages and Ive always seen it in other girls make up bags. Plus, magazines rave about this product and it gets awards, how could it possibly be bad? Oh-My-God...I remember taking the wand out and thinking "hmm very sparse". I put it on my curled lashes instantly fell and became 6 lashes. I blinked and got mascara on my top lid. I was so disappointed. The formula was so thin and wet and clumped easily. I dont understand how this product is so popular! I threw it out right then and there. Worst mascara I have ever encountered.

on 11/30/2014 5:56:00 AM

Why is this such a best seller? I didn't like it one bit. I tried it a few years ago and for some reason I bought it again now - same result. Not satisfied! I put it on one eye and put my previous mascara big eyes on the other to compare. The great lash was barely noticeable. As for washable - hmm nope it's a pain to get off, left me with huge panda eye. Don't bother even if it's cheap. I would return it if chemist warehouse had a decent returns policy but they don't

on 11/27/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara adds a bit of length but not much. It's also very odd to use because the brushes are so far apart. I feel like most my eyelashes are clumped together after using this which I do not like.
In my opinion it's the brush that ruins it, the formula is quite nice & very smooth so it does not clog but I think it's the brush that makes them clunk together

on 11/26/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My holy grail of mascara I'm actually a fan of all there mascaras it give me length and volume and very dark black eyelashes I think it's better then all the mascaras out there and very inexpensive

on 11/23/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Been using this for years. Dries quickly, nice rich black and doesnt clump or dry out quickly. Good basic mascara and reasonably priced.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Yeah... I don't get why this mascara is even selling. The brush doesn't even touch my eyelashes, and they're quite lengthy and strong. Just meh... at least I got this on sale at Walmart for $2... no wonder they were so cheap. On the bright side, it's a great product if you want to get frustrated with mascara and ache your eyes while straining muscles from trying to apply it!

on 11/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

I bought this mascara because I was in a rush and it was the first "brown" mascara I spotted. It was nice for four dollars but I am going to be trying some other mascaras for sure. It was the first brown mascara I've tried, and I appreciate how natural that look was (I am the blondest person in the world) and will not be going back to black mascaras unless I am wearing a lot of eyeshadow and black liner. The mascara itself looked alright, it held a curl very nicely, added a bit of length and volume and definition. I had to put on 2-3 coats for my lashes to be coated entirely, and after that it begins to clump pretty badly. This is not a dramatic mascara by any means.
The main thing I hate about this mascara is how it feels on my lashes. It's pretty crunchy and I can definitely feel that I am wearing mascara for an hour or so after I put it on. Maybe you won't have this problem if you avoid wearing a lot of bottom-lash mascara like I do, but the feeling is really starting to annoy me.
As for the packaging, I appreciate that it isn't huge (I hate those huge tubes). The brush is literally the most generic brush it could possibly be, but it's very small so it doesn't cause me any pain and it's really easy to get to the roots of your lashes.
I would give this a 2.5 if I could. It looks fine and is easy to apply, but the irritating feeling and clumping issues make this an unpleasant mascara for everyday.