Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

This is one of the first mascaras that every girl gets as a child. Why, you may ask? Because it was cheap and gave a natural look. When I was in 7th grade, a natural look was all I needed. So it was good back then, when I wanted a natural look, not for my 14 year old self who wants a dramatic voluminous look nowadays.

Not sure why this product has been popular for so many years. I tried it once in high school and wasn't impressed. Bought it again last year, which confirmed for me that it's a mediocre, almost useless product.
All this really does is darken your lashes a little bit. No volume, a bit of length a first, but falls flat quickly after applying. Even if you were going for a natural look, wouldn't you at least like a hint of volume? I certainly would, but I suppose if you did want to only darken and nothing else, this could be the perfect product for you.
It's super cheap, you can get it for about $4, but that's still $4 wasted that could have been put towards a different mascara.
I see this as being a mascara that your mother who doesn't usually wear makeup might buy, or something you might buy for your twelve year old daughter to wear to her school dance with a strawberry Lip Smackers because it's barely noticeable.

on 3/15/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

BUY THE WATERPROOF!!!! Use Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Eye Remover with eye pad to remove. Works Great!

Waterproof is Awesome! I am 51 and have curled my lashes n apply two to three coats, Everytime I use this since I was 13 years old.
Dries stiff but my eyelashes shine and Black is Very pigmented!! My lashes hold the curl Great, all day n Nite! I still get compliments on my lashes!

BUY WATERPROOF!!!! OMG! I just realized!! I have been using this product for almost 40 years????!!!!! Geez, I am old!!! lol
I worked at Saks for years as a Make Up Artist and have used high end mascaras, I always end up reaching for my Great Lash Waterproof Mascara! $4.44--.43ou. at Walmart. Promise, it's worth trying!
The Regular formula is Terrible!

on 3/15/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this used to be my go-to mascara simply because i didn't know any better. i remember hearing amazing reviews about great lash growing up so i figured this was just THE mascara to buy. while the blackest black color payoff is fantastic, the formula is so wet and runny all my lashes just stick together. i end up with awful spider-y clashes that smudge if my eyes water a little bit. i finally moved on to maybelline's full n soft and i'm so glad i did.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Average.
I use it to layer over other mascaras to bolden their effect and on my lower lashes.
For the price it's OK and you can usually find a 2for1 package and I used to buy it in high school. Recently I bought this to save money and it was an instant nope, not by itself.

on 3/12/2015 6:29:00 PM

I love this.

I wear this everyday to school as part of my 'natural' makeup and it doesn't budge at all nor do crazy things throughout the day. Even when I had terribly sweat or cried it didn't even go away. (I'm wearing the waterproof type despite the clerk who assisted me in picking out a mascara disencouraged me to buy this at all, especially the waterproof.)

I'd say though, that this is a pain in the butt to remove. I know, mine is waterproof and it is supposed to be hard to remove but it's still hard even when I'm using my Nude jelly makeup remover. Also, you have to be careful using this-- your lashes will easily clump if you utilized this incorrectly. I always use less than I normally would to other mascaras but it still delivers quite beautifully. It makes my lashes look full and distinctively pretty neat.

It also never failed to retain the curl of my lashes, although it is stiff to the touch.

The price is amazing for a highschool student like me and the packaging is cute. I'm not one to be into cute packagings (since I've gotten distrustful of anything that is "cute and cheap" make-ups) but trust me.

I can't realize why others detests this mascara-- but for me this is a total steal rather than to buy expensive ones that does the same quality of job.

on 3/12/2015 3:42:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT WHEN I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH A "NO-MAKEUP" LOOK.
IF YOUR LOOKING TO ACHIEVE A LESS IS MORE LOOK THAN THIS IS FOR YOU. BUT IF YOU WANT A GLAM LOOK KEEP ON TRUCKING THIS MASCARA IS NOT FOR YOU.
IT HAS A WET FORMULA SO BEWARE. OVERALL I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT.

on 3/10/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Average mascara. Note: I have naturally really long curly lashes so when I buy mascara all I'm really going for is color and most of them clump a lot.

Pros: never clumps for me, wand is nice, I can easily do my lower lashes, actually not too crazy if I cry (as long as I don't rub my eyes), doesn't coat too much on at once, lasts awhile (the tube) .

Cons: not waterproof I know but even with make up remover this stuff is all over my lower lids if I get water on my face. Sometimes I have to wash twice. Doesn't last long through the day - lashes will look great an hour or a few after application but by the end of the day it has either just disappeared or came off somehow.

Overall it's cheap though and I like it for casual daily wear.

I bought this initially as its rated quite highly with one of the YouTubers I watch however I wasn't really impressed with it myself! Formula seems really wet and doesn't do anything amazing to my lashes! Reallly disappointing!

on 3/5/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because it was mentioned in several websites as one of the best mascaras. Unfortunately for me this didn't do anything good. It makes my lashes long and spaces them out (where it looks like spider legs) but it made me look like I only have 3 or 4 lashes. Gives no volume. The formula is also too wet and doesn't hold my curl.