Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 5/12/2015 12:45:00 AM

Ive tried this mascara randomly over the years, its one of the cheapest mascaras Ive seen, its everywhere, and I always see it in magazines on lists of the best products of all time. Ummm, no. Least favourite mascara Ive ever tried. So bad that whenever Ive tried it I wondered if the product had expired because it doesn't even show up on my lashes. Ive used bazillions of other mascaras, and I normally only use one coat and find it sufficient. With this mascara three coats didn't lengthen, add volume, darken, or separate my lashes to any noticeable degree. No thanks!

on 5/4/2015 7:15:00 AM

Worst mascara ever! This brush is so bad. It makes the mascara go on really clumpy, and it's hard to not end up getting it on your eyelids while trying to apply.

on 5/1/2015 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why makeup artists rave about this mascara since it smears like crazy on me. I guess this is one of those "love it" or "hate it" items. If they ever change the formula to make it smear less, then I might consider purchasing this again. In the meantime, I'll stick to my L'Oreal mascara.

on 4/29/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Even though this mascara doesn't give the hardest smack I always go back to it.

I like the small applicator for my bottom lashes (because with any other wand I'll have black streaks there) and an sort of a base coat for my more heavy duty mascaras. The small wand lets me get to the root and the corners and separates the lashes nicely ready for a different mascara or a few more coats of this.

Might be a bit high maintenance but I'd much rather this to any of those clumpy clear lash primers.

on 4/28/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a very wet mascara that will look non existant on your lashes if you only apply one coat. It requires two coats to appear on your lashes and at least three to four coats for an actual effect. Most mascaras on the market dry too fast to allow multiple coats and this is probably the reason why people dislike this mascara - they never gave it a chance and tried more than one coat. Multiple coats might be a problem for people with short lashes as this mascara will probably cause a mess on your lids. The brush is small so even with longer lashes it will take some practice to use it without smearing the product on the lids.
The fact that it doesn't dry too fast is a good thing becase it will never clump and you'll be able to finish the tube before the product dries out (a major problem I had with YSL Effet Faux Cils mascara). Actually it will probably expire way before than it will dry out. Also it lasts pretty much the whole day on your lashes.
Personaly, I like my mascara to produce an effect after a single coat because I don't feel like investing too much time and effort into it so this is not for me.
To sum it up, get this if your lashes aren't too short and you don't mind investing time into doing your lashes and you'll be pleased with the effect.

It lengthens and volumises my lashes, but if I try to apply more than one layer it just clumps

on 4/20/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I got the darkest black from TK Maxx last year for under 3 and for the price I thought why not try what felt like the most popular mascara when I was in high school 10+ years ago.

Well. I am glad the mascaras I got for my birthday and Christmas in my adolescent years was not this one - thanks mum!
The packaging is cool, bold, clashing and shapley - the bottle does more to the eyes than the product.
I have short straight eyelashes and this mascara didn't do much, I liked that the formula wasn't wet and the tapered wand was a nice size to get to the root occasionally it dried quick and clumped, it didn't create curl but held a curl reasonably well and didn't smudge unless I'm sweating profusely.

This mascara sounds great from that, right? That's what I'm thinking, but I'm reminded that it was very natural and didn't do anything but give a very light layer, which is ideal for school goers with long lashes but not for my little eyes I needed a little bit more, then and now!

I wouldn't repurchase but I am glad I tried.

on 4/16/2015 2:04:00 PM

This will be the worst mascara I ever tried. It did nothing on me. no volume. no lengthening, nothing. this might be good mascara who wants to tint their "light" coloured eyelashes but this really did nothing on my already dark eyelashes. Definitely did not give "great lash" as the name suggests. I don't like the mascara packaging either. The colouring of the mascara tube is just plain ugly to me. I do not know why this mascara is still one of the best seller and never discontinued. It is a mystery to me but maybe many other people love it, not sure.

Used this mascara for years. This stuff was the most popular mascara while I was growing up. It isn't horrible but for me it was too.....wet. If that makes any sense

on 4/12/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this mascara about two years , when I knew nothing about make-up. Then I stopped using it and tried out more mascaras (mostly from very cheap brands). Sadly, those mascaras started my eczema, so I thought that this mascara from Maybelline would be great, because it did nothing to my skin as I remembered.
Well, the truth is- it really did nothing. I need product which makes my lashes look more voluminous and separate them good. This Great Mascara offers no of these things, plus it smudges after 3 hours. So big no from me.