September 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush is a tiny bit expensive, but so worth it. I absolutely love this blush, it is my favorite by far. It is a peach tone with a slight gold sheen, so for my skin type and color it gives me a glow. It's like a blush and highlight in one. And I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful blush with just the right amount of shimmer. It can also work as an eyeshadow. The small packaging makes it easy to fit in a travel makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by snowpeach06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this blush. I'm pretty pale, and this color looks really good in my skin. There is shimmer, but not glitter, so it really wakes up my cheeks. I got this on sale at Marshalls, so the price was great (but now I almost feel like I can get it again for basically free, so I'm hesitant to pay full price). Luckily, I won't need to buy it again for a while. There is a ton of product in this container. And this blush has great staying power (not all day, but longer than my other blushes from Bobbi Brown and Tokidoki). I don't have anything bad to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely loving this blush, everything I have bought from theBalm so far has been top-notch, so when I saw this on an eBay sale for $12 I just had to get it.

While the packaging seems to be a hit or miss for most people, I find the slim cardboard packaging with this product a big plus, it makes it easy to fit into a small cosmetics bag unlike most other blushes.

The pigmentation is very good, although it's not super pigmented, which I like because it means you don't have to worry as much when being a little heavy handed and it makes it easy to blend.
I have applied this with several brushes and they all apply fairly well, which is a big plus.

The only thing I wish I could just tweak slightly is how much gold shimmer there is, I don't find it over powering but it could definitely be dialled down a bit.

Also the full regular retail price at $19 is a bit much, but I seem to find it on sale through Hautelook or eBay so that's not much of a problem for me.

I think it could work for a variety of skin tones and types, definitely will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTrix47

Awesome, awesome stuff!

I was lucky enough to find this product at Marshall's at an amazing price, and had seen it around and thought "why not?!" Down to the last dust later, I almost wish I had NOT found it; because it's so amazingly awesome that I now cannot live without it, lol.
Peachy-pink in color, this hi-lighter/blush combo is perfect for any skin tone, and has enough shimmer and glow to last throughout the day, and is made by a brand that has failed to disappoint me thus far :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

The color of this is gorgeous! I have light-medium skin and this looks very natural on my skin. I think this would good on any skin tone as long as you build the color. A lot of people compare this to nars orgasm and I can see why except I consider this one better. I had nars orgasm but I thought it was too hyped up when it wasn't that great of a color and didn't look natural on my skin at least so I swapped it out. I received this in another swap awhile back and I'm so glad I did. As with most TheBalm products, I love the vintage look of the them and the packaging of this is great. It contains a decent size mirror to apply on the go. I would describe the color as coral/peachy/hint of copper. It looks a little intimidating in the pan, but its very natural. Has a little shimmer in it, but nothing too crazy. Give this a try:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't comment on the color and packaging as other reviewers covered those areas. I tried this blush because all of a sudden at the age of 52, several of the blushes I have been using (all mostly blue-based pinks) started looking "dirty" on me. I have super oily skin, large pores and some scarring, and other reviewers (here and other review sites) have warned that this product might accentuate large pores. I guess curiosity got the best of me. It has often been compared to NARS Orgasm, which I've been curious about, but haven't wanted to shell out the money and worried about the glitter. So, I decided to give Hot Mama a try. And I have to say that this blush will always be in my makeup bag. IT IS AN HG FOR ME, and I rarely say that about anything. First of all, it seems to glide over my pores and leaves behind a lovely glowy flush and appears to smooth the texture of my cheeks. And it lasts ALL DAY on my oily face. ALL DAY. By ALL DAY I mean around eight hours, which is unheard of for me. Usually within a couple of hours my oily face has absorbed whatever was on my cheeks. After applying Hot Mama the first couple of times, I looked at my face in natural light and didn't see glitter or shimmer -- mostly just a glow. It's not pink, it's not peach, it's just a wonderful mixture of the two, and it's working for me. It's easy to apply too much, so I don't really swipe my brush across the product -- I touch it lightly with the brush and turn the brush while doing so. Then I gently touch the brush up and down on the mirror (or my hand or whatever) to work the product up into the brush. Not crazy about the cardboard packaging but then again, I don't feel like I'm paying more for packaging than I am the product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a very pretty pinky peachy gold blush. It is very flattering on my yellow toned skin (NC20-25). With this blush, you don't need a highlighter due to the golden shimmer. I know this is a dupe for NARS orgasm. It is also very similar to Milani Luminous, another dupe for Orgasm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by beautypoppysmic

PROS:
This product is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm for the price it's really worth it. It's highly pigmented and gives me a very just out-of-the-sun glow. It also is great contour agent for the nose, forehead and chin. The packaging is also very handy, not bulky.

CONS:
If you put too much, it can highlight the pores because of the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is great for many reasons!

It makes me happy because:
- It is everything I wanted Nars "Orgasm" blush to be that it wasn't
- It is very pigmented
- I would describe the color as a beautiful golden highlight across a wash of peachy pink blush
- a light hand you can get a nice highlight on your cheeks
- use a little more, and you can get a deep peachy pink tone
- texture is very blendable (I find Nars to not be very good in this department)
- cute packaging with a mirror inside
- appropriate for day and night

The only negative I have about this product is that I don't find it to work well when I am using Mineral Powder foundation. I don't believe this product performs its best when used with Mineral makeup (i.e Bare Minerals). My experience has been that it makes my cheeks look caked and the sheen from the blush is unnoticeable.

Overall though, if you want so badly to Love O from Nars, I recommend this instead, the powder is smooth, velvety, and you can control if you want more highlight, or more highlight +color on your cheeks.

I will be trying more Balm products because of the performance of this blush.