TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 1/11/2013 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! The most beautiful golden peachy shimmer. Very pigmented. The packaging is adorable! I think this would suit many skin types. It's truly amazing.

on 1/3/2013 4:03:00 PM

Got a sample of this in my birchbox and I LOVE it. The color is good for any season--when I'm more tan is the summer, I can see this giving me a nice bronzey glow, but for now in the winter, it adds a nice pink hue and makes me look healthy instead of deathly pale like I really am. I have moderate acne and while most of it can be covered up, my skin is not smooth under the makeup--nothing I can really do about that. I tend to shy away from things with glitter and sheen because it seems to pick up on the uneven texture of my skin, making it seem worse. However the shimmer in this blush is so subtle that I don't have a problem! Yay!

I am planning to purchase through Birchbox, which is a big deal seeing as I haven't purchased ANYTHING from them and was planning on hoarding my points for a big purchase, so this stuff must be good.

on 12/19/2012 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite regular blushes is Nars Orgasm. When I received a sample of this in my Birchbox this month, I compared it against the Orgasm I have now, and the color is very similar. It isn't quite as pigmented, but Hot Mama still looks flattering against my pale skin. I love the light shimmer and the soft glow. I will probably end up purchasing a full sized product at some point.

on 12/18/2012 8:32:00 AM

If you love Nars Orgasm, Hot Mama is almost exactly the same colour and somewhat less expensive. A wonderful eye-shadow too, when I'm in a hurry, I just sweep what's left on my blush brush over my lids and I'm good to go.

on 12/17/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blush is a tiny bit expensive, but so worth it. I absolutely love this blush, it is my favorite by far. It is a peach tone with a slight gold sheen, so for my skin type and color it gives me a glow. It's like a blush and highlight in one. And I really love it.

on 12/16/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful blush with just the right amount of shimmer. It can also work as an eyeshadow. The small packaging makes it easy to fit in a travel makeup bag.

on 12/10/2012 9:09:00 PM

Love this blush. I'm pretty pale, and this color looks really good in my skin. There is shimmer, but not glitter, so it really wakes up my cheeks. I got this on sale at Marshalls, so the price was great (but now I almost feel like I can get it again for basically free, so I'm hesitant to pay full price). Luckily, I won't need to buy it again for a while. There is a ton of product in this container. And this blush has great staying power (not all day, but longer than my other blushes from Bobbi Brown and Tokidoki). I don't have anything bad to say.

on 12/8/2012 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely loving this blush, everything I have bought from theBalm so far has been top-notch, so when I saw this on an eBay sale for $12 I just had to get it.

While the packaging seems to be a hit or miss for most people, I find the slim cardboard packaging with this product a big plus, it makes it easy to fit into a small cosmetics bag unlike most other blushes.

The pigmentation is very good, although it's not super pigmented, which I like because it means you don't have to worry as much when being a little heavy handed and it makes it easy to blend.
I have applied this with several brushes and they all apply fairly well, which is a big plus.

The only thing I wish I could just tweak slightly is how much gold shimmer there is, I don't find it over powering but it could definitely be dialled down a bit.

Also the full regular retail price at $19 is a bit much, but I seem to find it on sale through Hautelook or eBay so that's not much of a problem for me.

I think it could work for a variety of skin tones and types, definitely will be repurchasing!

on 10/22/2012 8:46:00 PM

Awesome, awesome stuff!

I was lucky enough to find this product at Marshall's at an amazing price, and had seen it around and thought "why not?!" Down to the last dust later, I almost wish I had NOT found it; because it's so amazingly awesome that I now cannot live without it, lol.
Peachy-pink in color, this hi-lighter/blush combo is perfect for any skin tone, and has enough shimmer and glow to last throughout the day, and is made by a brand that has failed to disappoint me thus far :)

on 10/3/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color of this is gorgeous! I have light-medium skin and this looks very natural on my skin. I think this would good on any skin tone as long as you build the color. A lot of people compare this to nars orgasm and I can see why except I consider this one better. I had nars orgasm but I thought it was too hyped up when it wasn't that great of a color and didn't look natural on my skin at least so I swapped it out. I received this in another swap awhile back and I'm so glad I did. As with most TheBalm products, I love the vintage look of the them and the packaging of this is great. It contains a decent size mirror to apply on the go. I would describe the color as coral/peachy/hint of copper. It looks a little intimidating in the pan, but its very natural. Has a little shimmer in it, but nothing too crazy. Give this a try:)

Popular Blush Products