April 16, 2014 | 993 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't comment on the color and packaging as other reviewers covered those areas. I tried this blush because all of a sudden at the age of 52, several of the blushes I have been using (all mostly blue-based pinks) started looking "dirty" on me. I have super oily skin, large pores and some scarring, and other reviewers (here and other review sites) have warned that this product might accentuate large pores. I guess curiosity got the best of me. It has often been compared to NARS Orgasm, which I've been curious about, but haven't wanted to shell out the money and worried about the glitter. So, I decided to give Hot Mama a try. And I have to say that this blush will always be in my makeup bag. IT IS AN HG FOR ME, and I rarely say that about anything. First of all, it seems to glide over my pores and leaves behind a lovely glowy flush and appears to smooth the texture of my cheeks. And it lasts ALL DAY on my oily face. ALL DAY. By ALL DAY I mean around eight hours, which is unheard of for me. Usually within a couple of hours my oily face has absorbed whatever was on my cheeks. After applying Hot Mama the first couple of times, I looked at my face in natural light and didn't see glitter or shimmer -- mostly just a glow. It's not pink, it's not peach, it's just a wonderful mixture of the two, and it's working for me. It's easy to apply too much, so I don't really swipe my brush across the product -- I touch it lightly with the brush and turn the brush while doing so. Then I gently touch the brush up and down on the mirror (or my hand or whatever) to work the product up into the brush. Not crazy about the cardboard packaging but then again, I don't feel like I'm paying more for packaging than I am the product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a very pretty pinky peachy gold blush. It is very flattering on my yellow toned skin (NC20-25). With this blush, you don't need a highlighter due to the golden shimmer. I know this is a dupe for NARS orgasm. It is also very similar to Milani Luminous, another dupe for Orgasm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by beautypoppysmic

PROS:
This product is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm for the price it's really worth it. It's highly pigmented and gives me a very just out-of-the-sun glow. It also is great contour agent for the nose, forehead and chin. The packaging is also very handy, not bulky.

CONS:
If you put too much, it can highlight the pores because of the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is great for many reasons!

It makes me happy because:
- It is everything I wanted Nars "Orgasm" blush to be that it wasn't
- It is very pigmented
- I would describe the color as a beautiful golden highlight across a wash of peachy pink blush
- a light hand you can get a nice highlight on your cheeks
- use a little more, and you can get a deep peachy pink tone
- texture is very blendable (I find Nars to not be very good in this department)
- cute packaging with a mirror inside
- appropriate for day and night

The only negative I have about this product is that I don't find it to work well when I am using Mineral Powder foundation. I don't believe this product performs its best when used with Mineral makeup (i.e Bare Minerals). My experience has been that it makes my cheeks look caked and the sheen from the blush is unnoticeable.

Overall though, if you want so badly to Love O from Nars, I recommend this instead, the powder is smooth, velvety, and you can control if you want more highlight, or more highlight +color on your cheeks.

I will be trying more Balm products because of the performance of this blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had never even heard of this product line until I picked up Kyle Richard's book. She's one of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." She referenced "Hot Mama" as her favorite blush. While checking out Snooki's perfume at Perfumania (surprisingly, it's not bad..reminded me of "Pink Sugar"), I discovered that "mania" carried the entire "Balm" line. The packaging is very similar to "Benefit" with cute pictures of women from time gone by. Think Betty Page and other 1940s pin ups. Anyhow, I picked up "Hot Mama" for 19 smackers. Not bad. This is a peachy pink (emphasis on the peach) iridescent blush. It reminds me of Nars "O"..reformulated. Much more wearable. It seems like a cross between a blush and highlighter. Perfectly suitable for day or night. I would caution that this color is quite light. I am porcelain-toned. This might not show up on deeper skin tones. A thumbs up. Works well with a peach toned gloss like Clinique's "Guava Gold."

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite blush! The color is beautiful, and adds golden radiance to my face. This does have some shimmer, and I normally don't like shimmery blushes, but its very subtle shimmer so I can pull it off! I sweep my brush over the blush once, and a little goes a long way. It also blends very smoothly. For me, the lasting power it great. I never had to touch up, it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC35 with olive/yellow undertone. This is a really pretty blush. It shows up coral on me with beautiful golden pearlescent sheen. On the pan it looks more coral-pink with golden sheen. The texture of the product is slightly powdery. It gives off a really nice glow and you dont have to use a highlighter with this blush on since it has that pearlescent sheen to it. The longevity is okay stays on for about 4-5 hours and then it started to fade off. The pigmentation is quite good. Not overly pigmented at least on my skin tone-(if you are fairer than this might be quite pigmented), which I like, cuz I like to be able to build up the intensity and not dot it on and look like a clown.

If you like supremely pigmented blush like MAC, this is not in that level of pigmentation. This is slightly less pigmented than MAC blushes. But great enough that in just 2 swipes you get a good color pay off. The good part also about this is that UNLIKE some blushes, you just get the shimmer without the beautiful color. this blush imparts the beautiful coral shade on your cheeks as well as the golden sheen. The golden sheen/shimmer is so finely milled that it has a pearlescent glow and not chunks of glitter and doesnt leave you looking like a disco ball.The packaging is a classic thebalm packaging, in a cardboard magnetized box. Price is decent for the amount of blush you get which is a lot. All in all, this has been a fave blush of mine and i will continue repurchasing it- i doubt that I'll run out anytime soon...Highly recommended!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by CakebJunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this blush after finally seeing it on sale. I'm glad I caught it on sale because I would NOT have paid $40 for this. I do not like the way it goes on my cheeks. I'm light, it doesn't show up much at all. If you're darker, it may be good for you. It's definitely not my color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MuppaLova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite blushes! The packaging is super cute and the mirror comes in handy. Hot Mama's formula is smooth, easy to blend and super pigmented. The colour is a warm pink with peach understones and golden shimmer. It's very versitile and looks great on my yellow toned skin. Not to mention it gives my face a beautiful glow. I recommend this too anyone in the market for a pretty peachy pink blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color's a warm glittery pink. It was well-pigmented. However, the longevity was terrible even when I wore primer and finishing powder. I think the longest it lasted without touch-ups was 2 hours. Despite the longevity problems, I would still buy it again. It's convenient and I really liked how the color looked.