September 18, 2014 | 1735 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My only complaint about this cleanser is the fact that it doesn't come in a bottle with a pump, for even distribution. Anywayyyyyy.... I had been using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub, which worked great for about two weeks, then I noticed a patch of 5 cystic pimples on my cheek, 3 on my chin, and 2 on my jaw line. I thought, "WTF????!!!!" I've been pretty stressed lately, and figured that may be the cause, and the grapefruit scrub wasn't targeted specifically for stress induced acne. I rushed to Wal-Mart, and even though I read some bad reviews on this product decided to give it a try. I'm happy to say that it cleared every last pimple from my face, and leaves it my skin smooth and glowing. I love the wonderful cucumber scent, and the fact that the scrubbing beads aren't harsh or scratchy on skin. I have oily skin, but this has excellent oil control without overdrying. In this humid Florida weather, it's always a plus to find a cleanser that controls my oil. I really hope this review helps someone that's having crazy breakouts. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by gfoxvb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tend to use this product off and on when i run out of my other product. It's pretty nice. It leaves a cooling feeling on my cheeks which first was very odd to me. It doesn't do much for my acne and blackheads, but it smells nice and makes my skin feel super soft. I just got to the end of the bottle and theres still appears to be enough for a weeks more use (which for me is every other day) but I can't get the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by milll

this is my acne product of choice! it has salicylic acid, which is why i originally bought it, but it's also really cooling, scrubs really gently (and is good for pretty regular use because of this) and really does clear up your skin! high recomended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sugarbowl102

ok...after reading all of these awesome reviews, i really want to try it now^^ i'll update whenever possible :D
2-2-12

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by casimone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kind of feel like I have to really work this scrub in order for it to really exfoliate because although the granules are big enough, there aren't really enough.
I'd have to repurchase this to see how it is for my acne, but I remember using this one night for a couple minutes and my skin cleared up a little afterwards. I don't know if it was because of the product or a coincidence..
The scrub leaves my face feeling smooth and clean. It doesn't dry out your face.
And it has a nice, light cucumber smell. Not overbearing in any way and just adds to the freshness feel.
Overall, not bad, and I may prefer this over the st.ives apricot scrub..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by samtibo2

I absolutely love this product. I have combination skin type and I have moderate acne on my face. Most products I have bought in the past have not only dried out my skin, but have not helped a bit or caused even more breakouts. It says it treats acne even before it emerges
and is a salicylic acid acne treatment.It's also supposed to uclog pores. And it did all of it! I bought this product two weeks ago and it was around 8$ (on sale). The first time I opened the bottle, I remember telling myself that the product smelt so good. Like cucumbers. I also remember thinking there wasn`t much product in the bottle. I washed my face with it, and it exfoliated my face. There are little micro-beads and some bigger ones. They aren`t the most comfortable beads, but not bad enough that I would stop using the product. Washing your face with this product, it leaves a tingly feeling (not a lot,but enough, it feels good, very refreshing). My face was smooth and my acne wasn`t as red. It didn`t dry out my skin! And I can use it everyday. I have been using this product for two weeks now and it's cleared up a lot of my acne dramatically. I still get breakouts now and than, but never like before... and this product helps it go away really fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Faithchic11

I love this product, it's the only thing that work for my sensitive, dry, and acne prone skin. I've been using this product on and off for a few years, I keep only looking for something better, but this is the only product that works. I now think I learn my lesson from horrible experience with other face cleanser, and will be using this for now own.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by flee43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In order to get a good scrub from this product, it is necessary to:

1) use a lot
2) use it twice a day and not to mix with other scrubs/cleansers

It is also definitely necessary to use toner afterwards. Even after using it, morning or night, I always found leftover residue aka dirt on my toner pad :blegh:. And as you're using a lot, you'll find that you'll run through this product very quickly. While I never felt like I got a good scrub out of this, the one pro is that it doesn't dry out your face, leaving you with that skin tight feeling that has you running to get some lotion for relief.

I decided to give this a try for a few months to allow my face to get used to the product, and while it eventually somewhat did, the initial use was not good. I realized that it wasn't cleaning my pores very well, resulting in ugly cystic acne that was appearing in areas of my face that were usually zit-free. I thought it was just stress but I found that after switching to a different cleanser my face hasn't had the same reaction and my face is better off without this.

Sadly, I don't recommend this product. Again, the one single pro of not drying out your skin is great, but the cons of not really cleaning your pores? So not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Diva1234

Ok so I have been looking for a good facial cleanser for a couple of years and especially this year after having some hormonal acne breakouts. This really works well. I'm on my third tube and it has really cleared my skin up!