April 20, 2014 | 1168 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by flee43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In order to get a good scrub from this product, it is necessary to:

1) use a lot
2) use it twice a day and not to mix with other scrubs/cleansers

It is also definitely necessary to use toner afterwards. Even after using it, morning or night, I always found leftover residue aka dirt on my toner pad :blegh:. And as you're using a lot, you'll find that you'll run through this product very quickly. While I never felt like I got a good scrub out of this, the one pro is that it doesn't dry out your face, leaving you with that skin tight feeling that has you running to get some lotion for relief.

I decided to give this a try for a few months to allow my face to get used to the product, and while it eventually somewhat did, the initial use was not good. I realized that it wasn't cleaning my pores very well, resulting in ugly cystic acne that was appearing in areas of my face that were usually zit-free. I thought it was just stress but I found that after switching to a different cleanser my face hasn't had the same reaction and my face is better off without this.

Sadly, I don't recommend this product. Again, the one single pro of not drying out your skin is great, but the cons of not really cleaning your pores? So not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Diva1234

Ok so I have been looking for a good facial cleanser for a couple of years and especially this year after having some hormonal acne breakouts. This really works well. I'm on my third tube and it has really cleared my skin up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by kaboodledoddle1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product saved my skin! I cannot recommend this enough! I love it, just love it! I was breaking out so bad from products that just didn't work, and I had used this a year or 2 before and didn't think much of it. I looked up reviews, and they were great, so I bought it. My face is so soft that I just can't stop touching it, and so clear, it is amazing. It also has this amazing clean feeling that is cool on your skin after you use it, and it smells good. I look forward to using it every night!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff. Is the BOMB. Really. I have been using Kiehl's Blue Herbal face wash, and I love it dearly during the summer when I am sweaty and gross. But as the weather gets colder and the school year starts up, my acne is more due to stress than an over abundance of oil on my face. Since there isn't as much oil there, my face has become a bit dull and I'm running out of my beloved Clinique scrub that I've had for over a year now. This stuff is great for that additional boost of exfoliation that I need for the winter months. I only started using it maybe two weeks ago and the results are great right now. I use it in rotation with the Kiehl's and the remainder of my Clinque when I do use the Kiehl's. I don't really have much of a schedule, I just base it on my day to day activity. If you want to use this as your main face wash, I think it would be fine. I think there's fragrance in it, so if your skin is very sensitive I'm not sure how well it would react. It's definitely less intensive than the Clinique scrub, extremely gentle. I would never use the Clinique one every day, but you can get away with it using this. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

prior to this product, i was using Lush's dark angel which caused me to have constant pimple (just break out, just one pimple at a time). its pretty annoying considering that i never used to have pimples all the time and this expensive lush scrub was supposed to soak up all the oiliness! anyways i picked this up after giving up on dark angel at the supermarktet for about $13 NZD which is not too bad for a face scrub. the scrub itself is of a minty green colour and is quite creamy.it has a cucumber scent that is not unpleasant. the scrub doesnt sud up (because its creamy) and the scrubby bits in it are pretty gentle. now i do like my scrubs a bit abbrasive so many there could be more scrubby bits in there but the good thing is ever since using this scrub at night i havent gotten many pimples at all, not even at that time of the month.This product is also gonna be pretty long lasting as after 2 month or so of daily usage i still have like 80%of the product and i usually use quite a bit of product while cleansing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This helped my acne a little, but not too much so I only gave it 4 lipsticks. It did however, feel very pleasant. I will repurchase this just beacuse it had such a nice tingly feeling. It was a cream so it didn't dry me out. it wasn't irritating and it made my skin glow. I really like it, and I'll find something else for my zits. It's called stress control beasuse it smells so wonderful that all your worries fade away while you use it. it's delightful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Zwig09

I love this stuff. Even though it is a scrub, I use it as my nightly face wash. It is soooooo creamy and smells great. My skin always feels clean and smooth after using this. All you need is a dime sized amount. Will buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by navmakeup

I have been using this for yearss soo i can comment on everything this product does ... anyways it stopped working when i did use this i would still breakout
i like that it has glycolic acid and so forth. but anyways it didnt work i think this is very bad for sensitive skin :| .. the beads are round but can be irrating to the skin