Tree Hut Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Sugar Scrub

4.7

Sucrose, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Silica, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, DMDM Hydantoin, Carmel

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After reading reviews here I decided to purchase this at my local Wal-Mart. First thing I noticed upon opening this is that lack of seal. I don't know if I just happened to pick up an unsealed tub or if all of them are like that, but I find it a little unhygienic. I took a lippie off for this. I do love the smell however, but to some it could be a little overpowering. It reminds me of coffee, toffee, and caramel. Thankfully I love all of these scents, so I find it pleasant. The scrub itself is very nice- good consistency, and coarse enough for my skin. It leaves my skin feeling very soft, and it is nice to use after I use my depilatory cream. Good for preventing ingrown hairs. Will be repurchasing.

I love Tree Hut's sugar scrubs. They're a good product for a good price. (Approximately $6 at my local Wal-Mart. $9+ at Ulta...)

This scent is my absolute favorite. I adored this one, although the product inside did not seem as thick as the other scents.

on 6/4/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Love the scent of this scrub. Very gourmand, if that is the right word. I use it on dry skin to get the most of the scrub properties. I tend to purchase a lot when it is on sale.

on 5/27/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The sugar scrubs in the Tree Hut line are the only ones I currently use, as they are effective, smell fabulous and are priced right. I buy mine at Ulta, where they are quite often on sale.

on 5/24/2012 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Wonderful, wonderful stuff! I've tossed all my other exfoliating puffs, brushes, and doo-dads in favor of this scrub.

I epilate my full legs and arms at least once a week, and I have to stay on top of exfoliating to alleviate ingrown hairs. While this scrub hasn't gotten rid of all my ingrowns, it does do a fabulous job of leaving my skin smooth and soft. I use this at least every other day all over my body. The scent is so delicious that it turns an otherwise routine chore into a treat. I actually look forward to using it. I never thought I'd ever say that about a body scrub.

The first time I used it, I did so in the middle of my shower when my skin was wet. The scrub kept dissolving and did little to exfoliate. Then I read the earlier reviewers here who recommended using the scrub on dry skin before showering. That has made all the difference. It is a little rougher this way, so be gentle the first time you use on dry skin until you figure out how much pressure you need to apply.

Now I can't imagine showering without using this scrub first. I'm almost done with my first tub and have a second one ready to go. My first tub lasted at least two months of regular use every other day. I bought mine on sale at Ulta and I also used a coupon with them--so the price per tub came to less than $5 including tax. Worth every penny! Also, I haven't experienced any shower staining that a previous reviewer mentioned.

on 4/26/2012 11:18:00 AM

This smells yummy, exfoiliates great, doesnt leave your tub greasy or slippery, and its inexpensive! A drawback for me is the packaging, i find it difficult to find space in my tub area to set it down, take the lid off, scoop out what I need, and then put the lid back on while Im holding what I scooped out in my other hand. I still need to work on my system ;)

on 3/30/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best scrub I have ever used. This is affordable compared to other scrubs I have tried before and were never as good as this one. Smells so yummy! I even got my bf hooked on it! I gently scrub it on before I take a shower then rinse it off and my skin feels so smooth! I do this about 2-3 times a week. I can only find mine at my local walmart so I stock up when I go there b/c I've gone before and they've run out. Definitely worth a try!

on 2/23/2012 2:18:00 AM

Pros: Smells amazing, like Hawaii in a tub. I've never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it would smell like this scrub (same goes for the Coconut Lime version); sloughs away dead skin very well and leaves the skin smooth and glowing; prevents/reduces streaking when I use self-tanners; doesn't feel abrasive as the sugar just simply melts away the more you scrub; inexpensive--I've paid $8 regular retail price or $6 sale price at London Drugs in Canada; and last but most important, this brand does not test on animals.

1 Con: Brazilian Nut is a rather dark chocolate-y colour that stains my bath tub and leaves behind a ring of brown residue when I drain the water. It's not a big deal though, I simply grab a sponge or a loofah and scrub the tub after my bath, but I don't know how messy it can get if I use it in the shower instead.

I love this scrub, it is the only scrub that I have repurchased, albeit in a different scent: Coconut Lime. The con that I experienced with Brazilian Nut, which is the brown stain, I hope could be avoided with Coconut Lime because the colour is light. I have not used Coconut Lime yet, but I will review it when I do. For now, I will just enjoy my Brazilian Nut and try to figure out the most efficient way to use this scrub without staining my tub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I wont even bother saying whats so great about this scrub. It just is. In the middle of a chilling winter in Boston, this makes me the happiest girl in the world. The smell is wonderful, think of fresh baked carrot muffins. It makes my skin beyond soft. And it is cheap. Granted, it doesnt help me remove ingrown hairs, and Im a big sufferer of that. But for the price, Id buy gallons of this just because it makes me feel pampered and special. I highly recommend it as a treat to give yourself every now and then. great little gem.

on 10/16/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I randomly picked this up at walmart one day passing through the isles. Omg the smell of it just makes you wanna eat it! It's an exfoliater so don't scrub too hard, post shower your skin is amazingly soft. Do try = )