September 17, 2014 | 1752 users online

Body Scrubs - Tree Hut - Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wonderful, wonderful stuff! I've tossed all my other exfoliating puffs, brushes, and doo-dads in favor of this scrub.

I epilate my full legs and arms at least once a week, and I have to stay on top of exfoliating to alleviate ingrown hairs. While this scrub hasn't gotten rid of all my ingrowns, it does do a fabulous job of leaving my skin smooth and soft. I use this at least every other day all over my body. The scent is so delicious that it turns an otherwise routine chore into a treat. I actually look forward to using it. I never thought I'd ever say that about a body scrub.

The first time I used it, I did so in the middle of my shower when my skin was wet. The scrub kept dissolving and did little to exfoliate. Then I read the earlier reviewers here who recommended using the scrub on dry skin before showering. That has made all the difference. It is a little rougher this way, so be gentle the first time you use on dry skin until you figure out how much pressure you need to apply.

Now I can't imagine showering without using this scrub first. I'm almost done with my first tub and have a second one ready to go. My first tub lasted at least two months of regular use every other day. I bought mine on sale at Ulta and I also used a coupon with them--so the price per tub came to less than $5 including tax. Worth every penny! Also, I haven't experienced any shower staining that a previous reviewer mentioned.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by svaiko

This smells yummy, exfoiliates great, doesnt leave your tub greasy or slippery, and its inexpensive! A drawback for me is the packaging, i find it difficult to find space in my tub area to set it down, take the lid off, scoop out what I need, and then put the lid back on while Im holding what I scooped out in my other hand. I still need to work on my system ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

The best scrub I have ever used. This is affordable compared to other scrubs I have tried before and were never as good as this one. Smells so yummy! I even got my bf hooked on it! I gently scrub it on before I take a shower then rinse it off and my skin feels so smooth! I do this about 2-3 times a week. I can only find mine at my local walmart so I stock up when I go there b/c I've gone before and they've run out. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

Pros: Smells amazing, like Hawaii in a tub. I've never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it would smell like this scrub (same goes for the Coconut Lime version); sloughs away dead skin very well and leaves the skin smooth and glowing; prevents/reduces streaking when I use self-tanners; doesn't feel abrasive as the sugar just simply melts away the more you scrub; inexpensive--I've paid $8 regular retail price or $6 sale price at London Drugs in Canada; and last but most important, this brand does not test on animals.

1 Con: Brazilian Nut is a rather dark chocolate-y colour that stains my bath tub and leaves behind a ring of brown residue when I drain the water. It's not a big deal though, I simply grab a sponge or a loofah and scrub the tub after my bath, but I don't know how messy it can get if I use it in the shower instead.

I love this scrub, it is the only scrub that I have repurchased, albeit in a different scent: Coconut Lime. The con that I experienced with Brazilian Nut, which is the brown stain, I hope could be avoided with Coconut Lime because the colour is light. I have not used Coconut Lime yet, but I will review it when I do. For now, I will just enjoy my Brazilian Nut and try to figure out the most efficient way to use this scrub without staining my tub.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wont even bother saying whats so great about this scrub. It just is. In the middle of a chilling winter in Boston, this makes me the happiest girl in the world. The smell is wonderful, think of fresh baked carrot muffins. It makes my skin beyond soft. And it is cheap. Granted, it doesnt help me remove ingrown hairs, and Im a big sufferer of that. But for the price, Id buy gallons of this just because it makes me feel pampered and special. I highly recommend it as a treat to give yourself every now and then. great little gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by der08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I randomly picked this up at walmart one day passing through the isles. Omg the smell of it just makes you wanna eat it! It's an exfoliater so don't scrub too hard, post shower your skin is amazingly soft. Do try = )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow I can't even begin to describe how much I love this scrub. I had been searching for a scrub for about 2 weeks when I found this scrub. I honestly found this stuff by mistake and I am so glad a I did. The smell is beyond yummy and it is gentle but not too gentle on my sensitive skin! I use this about 2 times a week and will probably use it more as we move into the colder months and my skin gets dryer. I loved it so much that I liked Tree Hut on Facebook and Twitter...that says it all ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by evilc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is stuff is a major HG for me. Part of that is related to the price and part is related to the quality of the product. The most noticeable aspect of this product is the scent--which is quite strong, though it doesn't really stick on your skin. At first I wasn't wild about the hazelnut/chocolaty scent because I am not really into smelling like food, but the scent TOTALLY grew on me. There is something very indulgent about rubbing this delicious smelling sugar scrub all over your body and then coming out of the shower all nice and buffed up. As far as an exfoliator, this stuff works GREAT. It is best when your tub is new and the texture is thicker. As you start to run out, it does get watery even if you do try not to let much water drip in while you are showering. Even when watered down, it works so well to really smooth out the dry skin bumps and make your skin feel younger and look nice and buffed. I am on my 3rd of 4th jar. I order them from drugstore.com and use it probably about twice a week. My skin is totally different since I started using this. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love this this scrub. Smells divine. Not too grainy...the perfect ratio of oil to sugar. And the price is so low...what's not to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink86

Perfect scrub! Just right amount of sugar and texture. The scent is delicious! A mixture of caramel, nut, chocolate, and a little Kahlua. It leaves your skin nicely moisturized too. Definite repurchase!