Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bristles are SOOO soft, and this brush does a great job applying my Bare Minerals and liquid foundation. Upsetting thing was that the metal part (with the brush head) detached from the handle when i washed it. So disappointing, luckily i can still hold it and use it (which is why i'm still giving it a 4).
UPDATE: bristles WERE soft, not so much anymore after multiple uses. I would suggest the sigma flat top if you were looking for a flat top kabuki.

on 2/6/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

SUPER SOFT!! It feels like bunny fur. This works fantastically when I apply my mineral foundation and it does a great job doing so. Sometimes I just want to rub this on my face because it feels so nice. When washing it, it takes a while to get all of the makeup out and it takes a long time to dry only because it's so dense. But overall, it's definitely worth the $11 + shipping

I can understand why people rave about this brush but after using it for quite some time I don't think it's the best brush out there for mineral or liquid foundation application. This brush is good quality for the price; soft bristles, very dense, sturdy handle. But when you try to use it for mineral foundation, it feels like you're slapping the powder on your face and rubbing it around (because of the flat surface of the brush). Also, the fact that they're synthetic bristles makes it worse. I think natural fiber bristles blend a lot better and round top brushes also help in blending and gently placing the foundation on your face instead of just having the powder just lay on the flat surface of the brush and slapping it on your face.

I had no use for this brush until I started using it with liquid foundation. Synthetic fibers seem to work better with liquid foundations because it doesn't absorb all the product and it does help to buff it in the skin somewhat. But as I started using this brush more and more, it started shedding like crazy. With every stroke on my face, there's a trail of brush hairs. So frustrating picking them off my face after. I think once the brush starts shedding on the outer rim of the bristles, you're screwed. Because it just will start shedding in ridiculous amounts from then on. I would rather just buy the F80 brush from the Sigmax line from Sigma Brushes and have it last me a longer time.

on 1/27/2011 9:48:00 AM

This is a great brush for buffing in my base color. The bristles are incredibly soft, and dense. I have been using my brush for about a month, and all the bristles are still there, and still soft. Based on other reviews, I am hoping this will last me many more months before I need to buy a new one.

I gave it a 4 though, because after I wash it, the bristles get weirdly bent out of shape, and before I use it the next day it takes me a while to get them back in place...also, don't wash it at night and expect it to be ready the next morning. Because it is so dense, I would wash it immediately after use in the morning and then it will be ready to use the next morning.

on 11/13/2010 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I purchased 2 of these, 1 last fall and 1 in spring this year. The first one was great, the second one seemed noticeably less dense when compared side to side, and also irritated my skin (but my skin was in a very sad state at that time). I have since switched over to Silk Naturals' ultimate kabuki and they blow these flat tops out of the water. I used to think the flat tops were soft, but they are nothing compared to the SN kabuki. Even though these were cheap, I wish I hadn't bought 2.

on 11/11/2010 12:14:00 AM

Love this brush! When I buff my mineral foundation on, I sometimes wish the bristles were a wee bit shorter and not as soft as it is as the bristles flare out a bit too much. I prefer medium to fuller coverage due to post acne scarring but I would think it would generally work great for anyone. I tend to stipple after mixing my mineral foundation with a mixing medium. I find that works best for me. The short handle offers excellent control. I have a back-up of this brush! Love that the quality is excellent at such an affordable price and is eco-friendly :)

on 11/10/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

love this brush, but after washing several times, some of the bristles hardened so it's not as soft as it once was. i've had it for over a year now, though and it has held up pretty well until now. however, i would like it to have a longer brush handle.

Very nice solid brush with fluffy but firm head of bristles. I always reach for this with the confidence that the powder will be spread evenly without caking.

on 11/1/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Sooo soft! Great for buffing!

on 10/29/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brush is high quality, inexpensive and very soft. It is perfect when using products that need a good buffing in.