November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So after stalking this product for so long, I finally decided to pay the 30 dollars and purchase it. I have never used anything like this at all! It isn't my go to foundation for summer, in fact I don't like it for summer but in the fall, winter and early spring I really get use out of it. It is light, with good coverage, doesn't cake up, and it can be used as a setting powder to powder without it caking up. Great for photos as well! The only reason why it was deducted a lippie was because of the price and because I can't use it in the summer. Other than that I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pinklashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, but I felt inclined to review this product because I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin in my life. I have acne scarring near my chin and since I'm pale it shows up super red. Solution = conceal them as best I can then apply MSFN with a flat top brush in a press and roll/ press and flick motion. The MSFN helps to make the concealer appear part of the skin rather then this cakey mess in only one section on your face.

So obviously I never get compliments on my skin, except for when I went to the mall with MSFN on! I got a compliment in sephora asking me what foundation I use because my skin had a beautiful glow. I got a compliment in MAC because I was asking about the MAC studio fix power + foundation and the sales lady told me that "it will hide imperfections, I don't know if you have any but if you do ..." which was awesome because I have very dark acne scars! yay!

It is more expensive then MAC studio fix powder + foundation (MSFN = 10g for C$34, MAC studio fix ect.. = 15g for $34) *generally

So if acne scars ect.. conceal them first because this powder is not full converage, but I would definitely recommend this product.

I think the packaging is super pretty but I am worried about putting it in my purse, have never tried to do so.

*In case you are wondering, the products I wore at the stores when I got compliments
- concealer
-MSFN - light
- MAC crew highlighter (worn as blush)
- the bronzer that comes in the revlon photoready sculpting palette
- mascara by Hard Candy (C$8 at Walmart)
- The Naked2 palette (suspect inner corner, verve middle lid, snakebite outer corner + crease, buster as upper lash eyeliner, bootycall as highlighter + bottom inner corner)
- Stile starfruit lipglaze + stila apricote lip glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ilovetocount

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was on the fence about this product when I first bought it. I was using it as a setting powder, and it just didn't work for some reason. Fast forward a few weeks later when I started using Retin-A. All of my liquid and cream foundations looked absolutely horrible on my red, slightly flaky skin. In desperation, I reached for this powder. Voila, I found something that worked. Although the light coverage doesn't quite cover all of my flaws (pigmentation issues), it gives a soft natural finish that I can definitely live with.
It's also a breeze to apply. I use a kabuki brush and gently press and buff into my skin. I'm NC15 and light is a good match, but may be a tad dark for some.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually am let down by hyped products but MSF is definitely one of those HG must have products. I was afraid light was going to be "too light" judging by some of the reviews but it's just fine for proper *fair* skin. Anyway, I was really surprised with how delicately this applied over foundation and it doesn't look harsh. It makes your foundation look more like your own skin which is just amazing if you ask me! Probably my favourite beauty product ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

My skintone is roughly N10-15 and this matches me very well.

PROS:
- It does what it says on the tin - it looks absolutely natural! Not powdery at all and it's very hard to overdo.
- Goes on like a dream, blends nicely, very easy to apply.
- It has some sheer coverage which is good if I'm having a bad skin day, without making me look cakey.
- I love using this wet, as a foundation, when I don't need much coverage. Gives a nice but natural sheen to the skin and it's very easy to apply.
- It is a bit more pricey than a drugstore powder, but it will last quite a log time.
- The packaging is nice and sleek, perfect to carry around for touchups.

CONS:
- I have combination skin, and while this is fine for me to use on my cheeks, it gets too oily too soon on my t-zone. It doesn't mattify at all, so if you're looking for a powder for oily skin, this is not it.

VERDICT:
I like this as a foundation, but as a powder this just doesn't work for my combination skin. As I don't like the fuss of using two different powders on my face, I will probably not repurchase this. If you have drier skin, though, I'd totally recommend you check it out :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product matches it's brand name perfectly - skinfinish NATURAL. It makes your skin look like skin (only better), without making it caky and horrible. I use this over my studio tech foundation for special events and when my skin acts out and needs coverage, but sadly I can't use this everyday since I like many other women am allergic to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. But if you don't have that problem then lucky you, because this is just wonderful in so many ways. It's easy and fast to use, and you can run out of the house with great skin, and no one can see any evidence of makeup being used! I apply this with my bamboo "bronzer" brush from ecco tools in a pat and roll motion, and it just glides onto my skin leaving a beautiful finish. Like I mentioned I'm allergic to bismuth and get a semi itchy skin and can end up with the skin acting up when using this, but for some days it's just worth it. My skin calms down if I treat it before going to bed anyway, so it's not like I get these horrible breakouts. I have heard you can use this damp to get more of a sheen and glow as this is a baked product, but I haven't tried it out yet. I gave it a 3, but would have given it 5 if it weren't for the unfortunate ingredient as mentioned. Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by katelyn123

AMAZING powder! The best powder ive ever tried. Very natural looking both over foundation, and bare skin. When used over foundation, it really keeps it in place lasting all day! And controlling shine, expecially in the t-zone. It has amzing staying power! I wear it over my bare skin when doing martial arts, and it hides red cheeks and dosent run off at all! I would deffinatly recomend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkdee1

This is a really good pressed powder that keeps my face matte for ages. I do still have to reapply during the day but only once!

It might be a bit too 'powdery' for some people but because i have combination skin its exactly what i need as it does not cling to my dry areas and yet mattifies my oily areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sabgarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm completely addicted to this powder. This was the first MAC product I've ever used. I was doing some clothes shopping and needed a new powder and MAC was right next door so I figured I'd go there instead of Sephora. One of the people who worked there reccomended this to me and applied it in the store. I love love love the results. My skin tends to get dry and flakey when I apply too much powder, but I can apply as much as I want with MSFN and it never dries my skin out or looks caked on. It blends in with my skin great and gives it a very soft, natural look. I usually use this to set my foundation and I reapply once or twice later in the day when my skin starts to get oily. It works great. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a mirror and powder puff / sponge which makes it a bit inconvenient portability-wise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried to find a suitable dupe for this, but I have come to the conclusion that I must have MSFN. I love this. Nothing I've tried has come close, with the exception of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind pressed powder, I keep that one in my purse for touch ups because it comes with a puff and mirror. But still, the Maybelline still didn't measure up with me. I just purchased a new MSFN today after being without it for a couple months, and I finally am pleased with how my makeup looks again. For me, there's nothing that even compares. But MAC, come on and make the compact with a mirror and a puff for midday touch ups!!!