Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 12/7/2013 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this no-nonsense lip balm! I use this on top of longlasting lipsticks, does the job a lot better than the adjoined lipbalms they come with.

It's a fine balm, I like that it's natural. The package is also really cute and gives off vintage vibes.

But what I don't like is the scent. It's smells weird, like medicine. Like a weird combination of mint, honey and something else. The smell is a little overwhelming and I don't really like it. Maybe I will get used to it and start to like it in a while, but I don't really expect so.

Something I do like is that it doesn't give off any color.
The texture and rest of the balm is fine though, it just doesn't smell nice.

Update: I just asked my mum and brother what they thought it smells like, because I still couldn't really give a name to the smell. My brother said 'shampoo' and my mother said 'soap'. I smelled it again and it indeed smells a little like soap or something. Really weird. I don't like the smell :(

on 11/14/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product was overall an okay product. It did moisturize my lips but it doesn't last very long. The scent smells nothing like pomegranate, it smells kinda gross. I know that Burt's Bees products have a great reputation for their products so I think i'll try a different Burt's Bees lip product.

on 11/10/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this so much! Defiantly my holy grail lip balm. It leaves a little red tint on my lips which improves my appearance by so much, just by doing so little!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This smells terrible and nothing like pomegranate!!

i bought it because they were out of the honey burt's lip balm i always use and i hate the original. i can't stand the smell so i can't stand to leave it on my lips long enough to let it do it's thing. i can comment that the texture is really not the same as either of the other burts lip balms. it's much thinner. (compared to the waxy original and the creamy honey ones).

on 10/28/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Hmm. Not to fond of this lip balm b/c I do not like the fragrance and it leaves my lips feeling a little too greasy. I personally prefer the original Burt's Bees. I like the mintly tingle and fragrance of the original, not this nauseating smell.

on 9/28/2013 11:17:00 PM

Pretty color

on 9/25/2013 2:37:00 AM

Okay how do I put this. I actually loved this product until I came to find out there's a slight change in the ingredients. The newer version of Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil no longer contains rich sweet almond oil and mandarin orange to be honest.

So after using this lip balm for about a week I can see that my dark pigmented lips have brighten up to reveal that I have a mole on my upper lip and it's so cute, to me! This lip balm doesn't just stay put on your lips but it is absorbed by the skin leaving the lips soft and supple and all that yeha. But my biggest disappointment is, the newer ones have no more sweet almond oil.

Oh ya this is the new formula.
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For me this is a solid B product (in my head that translates as 3.5 stars and I round toward the middle, yes, I'm weird). ------------------------------IME it doesn't tint my naked lips, but if I "blank" out my lips with my foundation I get a slight tint (possibly just from the balm removing the foundation). Texture wise, this is not the thicker waxy consistency of the original. This balm clearly has a higher oil to wax proportion. It's a thin slippery feeling (as opposed to a thicker slippery feeling like the l'oreal hip jelly balms, which I miss dearly). ----------------------------Does it moisturize? Yes, but nothing extraordinary. Whipped Shea butter works better for me. I would not repurchase as its nothing special to me, and I don't like that if I put it on before bed the red tint sometimes stains my pillow cases.

on 8/24/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lip balm. It's winter here right now and my lips get really dry, so after a recommendation from my friend I decided to give this a try. The first thing I notices was the smell, it's faintly sweet yet refreshing and I love it. It didn't help the dry lips after the first few times I used it but after I used it before bed I woke up with soft, smooth lips. The packaging is not really for me, it's got a sturdy home-look and the cap can get annoying after frequent usage, but it's the stuff inside that really make a difference! Would definitely buy this again but for some reason a lot of pharmacies/supermarkets don't stock these here in Melbourne...

Popular Lip Treatments