September 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by annie108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder foundation works really well for me. I apply with a kabuki brush and usually use it on top of moisturizer and BB cream (skin79 pink label). This leaves me with matte but not dry skin with an even skintine that still looks natural. In a pinch I can use it alone and apply with the sponge, but that gives a heavier, drier finish. I have pretty sensitive and very acne-prone skin, and this doesn't irritate me or clog my pores at all.

This lasts through the workday for me, but if I'm going out in the evening I do need to touch it up, especially on my forehead. Shade 200 is perfect for my pale, peachy skin.

The only negative to me is that I blow through this soooo fast. I use it up much faster than any of my other products. It's expensive to start with, so frequent repurchasing is painful, but it's worth it to me for the effect it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I'm kind of on a love-hate relationship with the duo mat powder. I have it in 207 (golden beige) at the moment though i tend to fluctuate between 205 (medium beige) and 207. I have oily skin (especially my T-zone, it's a slip n slide) and am acne prone. When first applied, it does indeed look very matte and it feels very light. Though, within a few hours I'm pretty shiny again. So the promise of "long-lasting" doesn't live up. In the few months I've used it I haven't broken out (which a lot of brands have made me do). Also, you don't get very much product. I'm the kind of girl who can make a bottle of liquid foundation last almost a year, and my powder foundation at least 6 months, but within just 2 months, I already hit pan. Would I repurchase? For now...until I can find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by suebeehoneyz

Love this powder foundation! I just made the switch from MAC's Studio Fix (which I have been using for the past 4 years). I was always shiney with the SF. But with MUFE - I stay matte and my skin looks more refreshed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder. I sampled SO many before buying. I found other powders to be too sheer, too thick, too cakey, and they would settle into pores and lines making them more obvious. I became convinced my oily skin just hated all powders... until this one came along. The coverage is just right: it goes on smooth and light, but is buildable. I can use it over a liquid foundation for serious coverage and incredible staying powder, or I can wear it alone. Even when I wear it alone it covers beautifully and lasts. It never cakes or settles. It gives my skin a lovely texture and keeps the oilies at bay. The colour (200 - Beige Opalescence) matches my NARS Sheer Matte Foundation in Gobi very well. I've had this for almost a year now and I wear it often, but I still more than half left. I will be repurchasing when I (eventually!) run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent face powder for oily skins. Sets foundation or can be used alone for light coverage. Very good at absorbing oil throughout the day with minor touch ups. I have not had a problem with the powder darkening as it absorbs the oil. I have tried Benefits Hello Flawless and MAC Blot Powder, and prefer this for the colour match to my skin. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

After searching high and low for a good powder foundation, I think I may have found it with this product. I have tried Studio fix, Revlon, Cover fx and countless other foundations, but this finally does the trick for me. The undertones in this makeup are dead on for me. I tend to have a warm orange undertone, not red and not yellow. All the powders seemed to be either too red or too yellow. This is PERFECT. When the MUA tried it on me I was shocked, maybe because I was used to being disappointed. I came home and tried it on (because sometimes the lighting can make a BIG difference) and it was perfect again. It was so natural looking. I am so relieved. I also has not caused any breakouts. I do wish it was a little cheaper, but sometimes you have to pay the price for something that works. I am an NW45 in Mac foundation, and 216 in MUFE.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

DRY. DRY.

This is admittedly my very first powder foundation. I got the colour 209 which makes me look like an oompa loompa within a couple of hours. This can be confusing, when first applied, this goes on chalky, powdery and heavy. A few hours later, I would turn into an oil slick. Ick. I don't get all the love. I've tried using a kabuki brush and wet sponge, dry sponge, whatever. It's still dry, chalky, yet it makes me greasy in a few hours. The coverage is pretty good but it slides off very quickly. Will never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ccede

I don't know whether to love this or hate this. I used to be a huge MAC addict and only used studiofix powder (I'm an NC45). I switched to MUFE in early September. When the makeup artist at Sephora applied it on me, I liked it a lot. It was combined with the MUFE primer. The makeup felt very lightweight compared to MAC, barely there and looked natural.

In the morning, I apply my moisturizer and primer, followed by this powder and MAC mineralized concealer. I don't apply bronzer and instead use a mineralized bronzed blush by MAC. The time of completion is 6:30 A.M.

By 12 P.M., I'm pretty shiny and have to use MAC pressed blot powder and blotting sheets. I have to again retouch by 5 P.M.

I don't recall having to retouch so much with my MAC...it stayed pretty matte throughout the day. The only pro that this has compared to MAC is that it offers a very natural color, whereas MAC leaves me looking a bit grayish. Also, this offers better buildable coverage.

I've also noticed that I this causes me to break out in tiny bumps..my MAC didn't do that, which may be surprising. I hope that my skin can just get used to this powder..

I'm almost running out, and I'm not sure if i'll repurchase it. This lasts way shorter than MAC's studiofix and is way more expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't actually purchased this yet but tried it on and received a sample to take home. I have chocolate colored skin so I tried on #218/"Chocolate". It was a good match but a just a itty bitty on the red side. I actually don't mind a little red because without it, powders tend to look gray/ashy on dark skin. Also, it feels a little on the heavy side. Overall, I do like it and will decide this week if I want to purchase it.

UPDATE-- I purchased this and love it. I narrowed my favorite powders down to this and Clinique Stay Matte in Sienna. This provides a little more coverage for my discolorations and it controls shines a lot better than Clinique's. Also, I've had it on for a few hours and no oxidation so far.... think I may have found the ONE!!

2nd UPDATE- LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! This powder does not change colors. My only minor complaint is the two sided sponge applicator leaves your fingers a little dirty. I will repurchase this product.

3rd UPDATE- I still like this product but the coverage too heavy. It also flies everywhere when you apply it. I prefer the Pro Finish powder by MUFE. T

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product doesnt work for me, Its does not really control much of the oil, coverage was ok - when you applied a lot but my face got a bit patchy after a while. The only pro was it doesnt cause my sensitive skin outbreak.