Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/24/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has really worked well for me. It has NOT made my skin breakout (and I'm pregnant!) and it really covers well. The sponge it comes with is good (not as luscious as the Shiseido sponge though) and you can use it if you want more coverage. I also use this with a kubuki brush when I don't need as much coverage. The mirror covers about 3/4 of the compact, so I guess it could be bigger, but when I've been on the go I've used it to do my full makeup and managed just fine. The price is also not too bad. Before this I was using the Gorgio Armani compact foundation and I also really liked that, but it was insanely expensive. Especially because I moved to Canada from the USA and EVERYTHING is so much more expensive here. So, all in all, I highly recommend this!

on 1/9/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It is definitely worth the price. It photographs beautifully, and looks great in person. I recommend this to all my friends and have been using it for years.

The only problem with this product (which really is just a preference issue) is that I'm starting to enjoy applying foundation with a wet sponge, which you can't do with this product. The duo mat has to be applied dry. But, other than that, it's still a great great product!

on 1/3/2013 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 123/127
MUFE Duo Mat: 203/207
Lancome TIU 24H: 320 Bisque W/410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I like that the powder is fine and not at all chalky. Product doesn't settle everrrrywhere- just around the rim of the packaging. You can tell by one swipe of the finger that it's very opaque. Therefore, you can get a good amount of coverage with the correct type of brush.

I've worn it through sweaty gym workouts, fog, (heavy, random, totally unexpected) rain and through sunny days. When used as the main foundation, something I really don't like about Duo Mat is that it has no oil control. Regardless of how often I blot my face, I always end up an oil slick. Personally, I find that it works best as a setting powder over liquid foundation and tinted moisturizer (for those lazy days). Its opacity, gives liquid foundation that extra oomph in staying power and looks vivid in photos.

In terms of longevity, I'd say that this foundation lasts about 4-5 hours on bare skin before oil peeks through. Over primer or a tinted moisturizer, the staying power lasts around 7-8 hours. Not bad. Of course, when you take into consideration weather, the wear vary. Through wet weather under primer or tinted moisturizer, it lasts 5-6 hours and you better believe you need to blot (even if you're not normally oily, like I am).

Pros:
- great for everyday use
- color match is great
- matte finish
- transfer resistant
- photographs well

Cons:
- must be worn with a primer or tinted moisturizer
- no oil control
- packaging attracts fingerprints

on 12/26/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will not repurchase because powder foundations do not work for me. I have a lot of very very fine hairs on my face and powder foundation just goes on top of them and I look like I have flour on my face ;) however, this is a great product, I still use it on top of my liquid foundation when I want extra strong hold (all day events). It is smooth, pigmented and not chalky. If powder foundations are your thing, I for sure recommend.

on 12/26/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is amazing when used as a setting powder on top of your favorite foundation. It keeps shine at bay for hours! I use a powder brush and apply a light coat over my foundation. Flawless and Shine-free. It lasts forever and it is worth every penny of the $34.

on 12/24/2012 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This powder foundation works really well for me. I apply with a kabuki brush and usually use it on top of moisturizer and BB cream (skin79 pink label). This leaves me with matte but not dry skin with an even skintine that still looks natural. In a pinch I can use it alone and apply with the sponge, but that gives a heavier, drier finish. I have pretty sensitive and very acne-prone skin, and this doesn't irritate me or clog my pores at all.

This lasts through the workday for me, but if I'm going out in the evening I do need to touch it up, especially on my forehead. Shade 200 is perfect for my pale, peachy skin.

The only negative to me is that I blow through this soooo fast. I use it up much faster than any of my other products. It's expensive to start with, so frequent repurchasing is painful, but it's worth it to me for the effect it gives.

on 12/13/2012 9:44:00 PM

I'm kind of on a love-hate relationship with the duo mat powder. I have it in 207 (golden beige) at the moment though i tend to fluctuate between 205 (medium beige) and 207. I have oily skin (especially my T-zone, it's a slip n slide) and am acne prone. When first applied, it does indeed look very matte and it feels very light. Though, within a few hours I'm pretty shiny again. So the promise of "long-lasting" doesn't live up. In the few months I've used it I haven't broken out (which a lot of brands have made me do). Also, you don't get very much product. I'm the kind of girl who can make a bottle of liquid foundation last almost a year, and my powder foundation at least 6 months, but within just 2 months, I already hit pan. Would I repurchase? For now...until I can find a better alternative.

on 12/9/2012 4:13:00 PM

Love this powder foundation! I just made the switch from MAC's Studio Fix (which I have been using for the past 4 years). I was always shiney with the SF. But with MUFE - I stay matte and my skin looks more refreshed!

on 11/16/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really love this powder. I sampled SO many before buying. I found other powders to be too sheer, too thick, too cakey, and they would settle into pores and lines making them more obvious. I became convinced my oily skin just hated all powders... until this one came along. The coverage is just right: it goes on smooth and light, but is buildable. I can use it over a liquid foundation for serious coverage and incredible staying powder, or I can wear it alone. Even when I wear it alone it covers beautifully and lasts. It never cakes or settles. It gives my skin a lovely texture and keeps the oilies at bay. The colour (200 - Beige Opalescence) matches my NARS Sheer Matte Foundation in Gobi very well. I've had this for almost a year now and I wear it often, but I still more than half left. I will be repurchasing when I (eventually!) run out.

on 11/12/2012 12:50:00 AM

Excellent face powder for oily skins. Sets foundation or can be used alone for light coverage. Very good at absorbing oil throughout the day with minor touch ups. I have not had a problem with the powder darkening as it absorbs the oil. I have tried Benefits Hello Flawless and MAC Blot Powder, and prefer this for the colour match to my skin. I will definitely repurchase.