Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 3/18/2013 9:43:00 AM

The first time I tried this, it was just okay--very thick, but okay. After about a month, the mascara started getting thicker and so much so that the brush was caked. I thought it was just a defective item so it was replaced at the Dior counter. Same thing happened to this one so I would never buy it again. There are much cheaper mascaras that work much better and last longer. Just goes to show that just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's worth it or better.

on 2/20/2013 10:01:00 PM

Terrible!

With so many mascaras on the market I like to try new ones. I like thick black lashes because mine are quite long. A Dior consultant showed me this one, and wiped it over her hand to show the colour - which as the name suggests is very black, I bought it. Well what a mistake! It's about as thick as water, and goes on like it too. So it doesn't even go on, it's not volumising, lengthening, build able or anything. Total waste of money

Only mascara I own that makes my lashes look thick and obvious. It takes a bit of getting used to - I have managed to get this over half my face haha, however once used to it is easy and your lashes look amazing

on 1/26/2013 5:10:00 PM

The brush for this is so fat that it doesn't define or separate the lashes and I have to use a lash comb as well. Once I have done this, the end result is dramatic and thick looking lashes but there are better mascaras out there that give the same result without so much effort.

on 1/24/2013 1:55:00 PM

DON'T BUY THIS.
Unless you WANT gloopy lashes and you enjoy your mascara running down your face. Really. The cheapest mascaras don't cause raccoon eyes any more, but THIS stuff does. Save your money, worst mascara ever.

on 12/27/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a complimentary mascara after the normal diorshow mascara, to give that extra drama effect. It absolutely works for me.. it is total black out

on 12/2/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was recommended for dramatic lashes!! Pffft what a croc!! Maybe ok for everyday lashes maybe, but for the ridiculous price $52AUD, you can definately find better. It IRRITATED my eyes and eyelids, above my crease became very red and sensitive, which has never happened before, not even willing to use the rest of the tube due to this :( I purchased this at a h/e department store, so it's definately a genuine item.

It's okay, but Benefit's "They're Real" is our favorite!

on 9/21/2012 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Of all the mascaras I've used (many), I have to admit this one gives the longest, lushest, darkest, spikiest lashes with the least effort. No other mascara has to be layered with it. I am sure it is mostly because of the huge brush. I tried the original Diorshow first, but it has a strong flowery smell. I then found that Black Out has no smell so I tried that. I also tried the Iconic, which I found less satisfactory.

All of them dry out in the tube really fast. They become too thick to use without a hassle after a few months. While still newish, it is by far the best mascara I ever used for length, volume, and darkness. The one problem is that you may not realize your lashes are a bit too glamorous and spiky unless you see a photo of yourself wearing it. The way to avoid that is not to use more than two coats. I love this mascara, but it is very expensive - over $20 - and doesn't last very long. It's kind of temperamental the way it builds up in gobs on the brush. I don't usually feel like fighting with it so I don't use it much lately. But then that is because I spend money on about ten different brands at a time to rotate and it gets forgotten so it dries out.

This mascara still qualifies as my favourite, my number one, even though I don't always want that dramatic look. Sometimes I do! I will definitely always buy this again, periodically. There is no perfect mascara and a lot of it is in the technique you use to brush it on. This one guarantees a visible difference with almost no effort.

Edit: Sept 21/12: I uploaded a picture to show my haircolour for another review. I'm wearing two coats of Diorshow Black Out mascara, which I think looks as full and long as 3 coats of any other brand.

Edit: May 7, 2014: I uploaded a pic from 2009 showing the full glory of my Diorshow Black Out. I am not currently using it as I've been trying out other highly rated mascaras.

on 8/21/2012 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have long but somewhat fine downward pointing lashes. I work hard to achieve a good curl with a Shu curler. This mascara is so thick and somewhat dry that I find that by the time I get it on my lashes evenly it weighs them down and pulls the curl out. It's OK if I do several thinner coats making sure not to get it too heavy near the root but then it starts to clump. It is very black as the name indicates. The brush is too big. I have a lot of long but fine lashes and this does not allow me to bring them out. Will not repurchase.

Popular Mascaras