April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

I'm shocked that the reviews aren't better on this... Originally got it as part of a sampler pack at Sephora and have used it ever since!

To me, it does everything it should - darkens, lengthens, thickens... When i need waterproofing, i layer Loreal Lash Stiletto over it and it stays on through whatever... (i mean, i dont go swimming with it, but normal sweat and tears...)

It definitely dries out a little quicker than others, but nothing crazy. To be honest, i actually like that it does in that it reminded me to replace it - i'm one of those people who forgets to replace mascara on a regular basis...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Kind of disappointed with this one.

Color: pretty black, but not as black as it is made out to be. To me, Chanel Inimitables Intense is more pigmented.
Formula: Thick, wet
Brush: nothing special, a little fatter than your normal wand
Wearability: in humid weather it seems to leave a ring around my eyes

If the formula didn't smudge, was more pigmented,and if you could apply it without wiping it a million times on the side of the tube before applying....then maybe I would buy it again. Not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Essiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this product twice & I have to say it does nothing for me. At this price point it's defo not worth the money. First of all i noticed both times that the mascara dries out really fast & secondly this mascara isn't even that great - it starts to clump after a couple of coats. Save your money - because this mascara is not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gave me raccoon eyes by the end of the day and dried up in around 4 weeks - and I don't even wear makeup every day and when I do it's light. Normally a tube of mascara will last me months. I wish I hadn't of thrown the box away so I could return it to Macy's. What a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Ashveena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a die hard DiorShow fan, but had to switch to MAC PlushLash because I was on a student budget. I recently switched back to DiorShow and though I love it, my bottle dried out quickly! I normally get a new mascara every four months just as they are drying out, but this bottle dried out in two months. I was so disappointed, because though I love the mascara, replacing it every 2 months is not worth it for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All the hype and recs for this mascara made me want to try it. It didn't work for me. This mascara clumps a lot, even after wiping the wand the look was clumpy. I tried to fix the clumping by using my lash comb which made my lashes look almost spidery. After applying two coats (worse after three) I lost the curl in my lash and ended up with stick straight lashes. After letting the mascara dry, I curled my lashes again and lost some product making my lashes even more spidery. This mascara also smudged and I ended up with raccoon eyes. I really wanted to love this mascara because I'm tired of searching for the right mascara for me. My lash goal is length and volume, and this didn't work very well for me. Won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is my HG mascara, of all time. It gives incredible added length, dries quickly, amazing blackness/intense color, this holds a curl very well, DOES NOT FLAKE (which is the most amazing part about this). The only thing I will say, is that this mascara tends to clump easily if you do not apply it carefully. I love how big the bottle is & the brush. I love the effect this gives, very dramatic. But, you have to be very careful with this so it defines your lashes, instead of clumping them together. This mascara is expensive (around $30), but I think this mascara is worth every penny. Overall, IF you are careful....you will get a great effect/result. & of course I will continue to buy this mascara! I've tried so many & none have came close to this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I love this mascara. This is the blackest mascara I've used but, it actually isn't that great for thickening and lengthening lashes. Although you won't have to worry about clumps unless you use the primer which I do not suggest.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

My review is for the waterproof version. I bought the waterproof version for my wedding. I usually don't use waterproof mascara. Anyway, every time I used this mascara, I lost lashes. I remove my eye makeup with the same remover every night. I rarely lose lashes. When I used this, I lost 4-5 lashes. At first I thought it was a coincidence. However, this happened each time I wore this. Yes, it is a great and intense color, but it's not worth me losing my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by yianamatthews

I personally have very short, straight and thick lashes, and all I can say about finding this product is thank gosh. I initially went to the Dior counter to buy regular Diorshow and the saleswoman recommended this one since I told her I wanted major drama, and one of her clients who is a news anchor on TV swears by it. This mascara truly emulates the look of false lashes. It is extremely thick and dense and dark in formula, but since I reserve it for a night out, I don't mind that it takes an extra thirty seconds to fully take off. The formula itself isn't too dry or too wet, although it does stay wet for long enough to comb your lashes if you wanted to or curl them with the spoon method. It does not flake or clump either. I actually feel bad for my collection of false lashes and lash glues because ever since I found this product, they've been used about twice in the past three months. I honestly don't need them anymore. I use Clinique High Impact Mascara on an everyday basis, and I use this one when I'm either going out at night or have a big day ahead. I recognize that it is pricey, but the formula lasts for EVER so I see it as a smart investment every three months. I recommend it to EVERYBODY, especially the people that stop me in passing to compliment my "false lashes." I strongly urge you try it. As a side note, I use another small-brushed Clinique mascara I don't particularly like on my bottom lashes because I don't like for them to be too prominent, and if I used Diorshow Blackout on them they'd look fake too. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has the same complaint. And if you ever DO wear false lashes with this, it makes your real ones and fake ones blend seamlessly! GO BUY IT! :) I honestly feel like I have been waiting for years to find a product this amazing.