April 19, 2014 | 1072 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by thistlerocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I did my research and almost everyone loved this, even in my age range. Where could I go wrong?

But I don't know what I am doing to make it not work for my skin. This shows my pores too much, looks very cakey around eyes, which is the worst part. I use a silicone based primer, which works great with my Revlon Colorstay normal to dry liquid foundation. I basically have combo skin, but age makes that more combo to dry now than combo to oily, so that's why I chose that formula, plus it was winter when I bought the first time and have used that formula ever since. Back to Vichy... it felt wonderful while putting it on. Some say this is full coverage, but the company doesn't even call it that. I have blotchy, leftover freckles & redness and don't think this is full enough to cover well. When applying around the eyes, I use a light coverage and still makes me look years older. Heaven forbid if I try to add a concealer there, it just gets even worse and I've tried multiples. I had such high hopes for this and have no idea why I am different, and just don't like how it looks on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by biscuit3051

What an amazing purchase at under Ģ15. The real deal,no messing about with this ! It's a real worker,conceals mega things like acne and sun damage ,for darker scars or colour patches you may need to add a bit more on after wards .
I don't know why its so hard to find full cover foundations but it is . Think the colours may be limited in this ,I am pale ,but not porcelain and I prefer a more yellow based foundation ,the nude is great on me ! Will now always have this,I got it for Ģ12 on amazon,boots under Ģ15 .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- still loving this. I apply in sheer layers (max two layers) with a latex sponge wedge. Try that way if you are having trouble applying without overdoing it!! My foundations from make up for ever, dior, l'oreal, bobbi brown, bourjois, have all taken a back seat to this. it is the best. Do not shy away from it after reading the ingredient list--i have very sensitive skin and any product with silicones seemed to break me out very badly. this doesn't. perhaps there are different qualities of silicone, i don't know--but i have noooothing bad to say. EDIT: tried this with tinted moisturizer and a drop of high beam all over face. looked awesome and natural, great coverage still.
AMAZING! It has a kind of dewy/illuminated finish that i can't describe, if i use it alone. This covered up a scar that NOTHING else was, not my other concealers/correctors/foundations in various combos. AMAZING. And it's not cakey, just perfect. I love this. You just need a smidgen, much more economical than drugstore foundations/concealers that one goes through very quickly due to having to build em up. HIGHLY recommend. I mix this with my No 7 Beauty balm to make it more illuminating for the rest of my face, and to dilute it. To be honest I preferred it just as a concealer
You can use this in these ways, or in combo with a foundation you already like, as a concealer.
One thing, my primer makes this hard to use. Just on plain, well-moisturized skin is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the colour gold 45.
I'm light tanned skintone.think Jessica alba.about nc 35 ish.
I love this foundation, the only downside for me is the colour choice.i managed to get a discount on this tube and if I need to I would buy two tubes and mix colours as i know I would definately buy this foundation again! Its now my holy grail.
I also got the setting powder, its worth getting! see my review on that.once set with the powder (which looks white and scary in the tub but is pretty much completely clear,even on my skintone) my face will last all day and all night.

I have dry skin so i use a good moisturiser under the foundation or sometimes a once a day SPF.i let it sink in. Then I apply a thin layer of foundation with my fingers and it blends like a dream.i tap a touch more on my under eye dark circles.i follow with a little of the powder to set it all.i have dry skin so i don't have much oil production to keep at bay.

Price wise its heck cheaper than my usual designer brands and works so much better.one 30ml tube will last along time as you use so little.
The tubes pretty boring looking and not the safest to put in a bag and travel with as it can leak.vichy need to uplift the packaging of this product.

Colour selection is awful, gold 45 is a little too dark for me but blendable.i might need to purchase the lighter colour sand 35 for winter and mix them.

I would recommend this to friends although its perhaps hard to get the correct colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ellieev

When a girl at the drugstore gave me a sample of this foundation in number 25 Nude I was prejudiced about it - I thought no way, it would be too cakey and heavy as my skin has not many imperfections and I rarely use full coverage products. But i fell in love with it, nothing like any other, better!
- great coverage without cakey moment.
- blends so good, melts into your skin.
- I found my exact color or the color adapted to my skin.
- it realy stays on your face at least 16h.
- a little amount of the product is needed for the whole face. For example: The amount needed is 4 times less than the amount of any Bourjois foundation I have used. Very little.
- Doesn't make skin oily after hours.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product with a good few weak points. Obviously, it covers fantastically! The coverage of a concealer, but in a liquid form. Can cover everything I have encountered on my face so far (i.e. acne, acne scars, redness). A little goes a long way with this. Be careful not to use too much product at once or it will lose its 'stick'. I would recommended building thin layer after thin layer, ensuring each layer has dried first, to make sure it doesn't slide around as much as possible. However, it still WILL slide and rub off quite easily. For this reason, I don't really like to use it as a foundation. It will create a terrible, heavy, greasy mess on my face. I will only do so if I use the thinnest layer possible to ensure the product really sticks onto the skin!

But, at the end of the day, it performs best as a concealer. I don't like to use it alone though, due to reasons stated above. To stop it from sliding around/transferring so easily, I mix it with a more stiff concealer like MUFE Full Cover or something similar, which really dries down and doesn't budge but is difficult to blend. The combination creates a creamy concealer that blends beautifully, covers beautifully, dries beautifully and lasts very well throughout the day. I can use this to cover all my problem areas, pat some powder all over my face and be off for the day!

It has a really awful smell though, not a fragrance, but just a smell. It is bearable if I don't use it all over my face, and usually fades after awhile. The tube packaging usually dispenses too much product if you're using it as concealer, because you don't need too much. But these points definitely will not deter me from repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this for months now and it's still more than half full! It lasts for ages! It is unbelievable for hiding blemishes, redness, acne scars, freckles, etc. I only use it as a foundation if I'm doing a photo-shoot (ps, it looks immaculate on camera) on a daily basis, I use it as a concealer. It does seem a bit pricey compared to other brands but there's nothing else like it. It didn't cause my hyper-sensitive skin to break out and it doesn't settle into lines, pores, etc.. Just be sure to set it with a loose powder so it doesn't slide.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is an amazing foundation. Feels light. Stays on forever. Doesn't get cakey. You don't need concealer with it. Amazing coverage. Doesn't melt off oily skin.
Issue: No shade match :( The lightest, Opal #15, seems suited for NC17 or olive skin of that depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Channingx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Words can't even describe how much I love this product! I'm surprised it's not getting more raved about. Firstly, I use it as a concealer (ala Lisa Eldridge) as opposed to foundation because I think unless your skin really is covered with acne all over then it would be a waste to put it everywhere, and also such heavy coverage on your whole face may worsen breakouts. I use my collection 2000 foundation first then apply this on areas needed (which is quite a lot since my skin is misbehaving terribly these days).

It covers everything like magic, and it's so highly pigmented that you only need a little for each spot. The end result is an absolute porcelain doll effect, and the yellow in it helps to hide the redness in my pale skin (I take the lightest shade Opal which fits fine to my skin tone). At the end of the day when I put a makeup wipe down one side of my face the difference between the side without and with makeup on is absolutely crazy. This product is so good that a lot of my friends often compliment how good my skin is and when I tell them NO SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST MY AMAZING CONCEALER they tell me there's no way.

Although I do agree with a couple of other reviewers that noted it can streak and slide across the face, I think it's pretty essential for regular mirror check-ups to make sure everything's in check, but it's easy enough to just pat it back into place. My skin is dry and I find it hydrating as opposed to oily, but I would recommend that an oily skin type approach with caution.

I think it's around the Ģ15 mark in the UK Boots stores, which is a little bit more expensive than I'd usually pay for a concealer but as I said before a little goes a long way with this product, and it's definitely without a shadow of a doubt worth the investment!

Can't see myself ever not using this product, if it was ever discontinued I might cry, highly recommended x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by FabCo

I began to buy foundation at my twenties to mix it with sunscreen and give it a little coverage without the common whitecast.
But as soon as I reached thirty, the signs of aging began to appear and it freaked me out, so I thought full coverage foundation was a must.
That is why I bought Vichy Dermablend: a real full coverage foundation. It has a limited range of shades and I didnīt find a perfect match: too dark during winter, too light during summer and no yellow undertones.
Unfortunately for me, during the time I bought it, I moved to a city in the middle of the desert and the extreme heat melted it all; I had to apply it constantly and it looked cakey by noon.
I decided to mix it with Smashbox HD Foundation -which I didnīt like- and it reduced the thickness and coverage, but looked better.