July 31, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!!!! Love the coverage, love the finish!!!! No complaints whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ilove2clap

I'm a huge merle norman fan and I feel like not enough young people know about this company. Love their mineral powder, I'm on my second container of it and the first lasted me 2 years! It's just the best powder I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I am SO in love with this product. I have not found another mineral powder that has even come close, and I try every one I can get my grubby hands on!! I am giving it a 4 out of 5 ONLY because I know the colour selection kind of sucks.........I am extremely lucky that one fits me perfectly for winter, however the one the lady chose for me for summer is too orangey and I rarely use it......I use it for bronzer sometimes. The best part about this product is that it lasts forever. It lasted me two years and I use it EVERY day....sometimes twice a day. I'm all out now and only have the darker stuff, so its killing me. If you can find your colour in this, its an excellent product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent product....have used Bare Minerals for years, but during dry weather, looking too chalky and dry on me....this does not do it during dry weather, gives better coverage, and you get like 3 times as much for the same price...plus during humid weather, when I sweat, it does not make me itch like Bare Minerals did....great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm heartbroken that this does not come in a shade fair enough for my very pale neutral skin tone. It covers really well, gives a lovely glow, and you get a generous amount for the price. THAT said... I'm registering a gripe about the MN studio I went to. I feel that I was pushed into buying products too dark/orange for my skin because the owner didn't carry the lightest shades in most things and didn't want to order any because they have to order in packs of three. So, I drop $100 on products, then have to take a concealer back that just absolutely was a greasy mess, and now I'm stuck with this $25 foundation because I don't want to go in there again and put the woman out any more. PLUS she pushed too dark a shade of Powder Base on me, again because she didn't carry/want to order Porcelain. I used to be a merle norman fan, but I am sick of how they push their most expensive products over the older, basic, cheaper items. This has happened to me at every studio I've been to. They have lost a customer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by jennyh82

After reading so many great reveiws about this foundation I really wanted to try it but I soon realised that you couldn't buy it online, I live in the UK and we do not have any studios so I didn't think I was ever going to be able to try it.
I decided to email one of the salon owners, she was so helpfull and said that she would send me some samples free of charge and once I decided on a shade she would happily mail it over to me. I am quite fair but L20 seemed to be ok for me (I am fairly light in BE and bisque in Jane Iredale) I agree with what other people have said that the choice of colour is limited and are slightly on the pinkier side but I can get away with this shade so I am happy.
The jar is huge compared to some out there and for me this works out so cheap, I was paying £30 for Jane Iredale which is 10grams and this works out about £18 for 14grams and best of all I love it, it has good coverage and you can build it up quite easy, I noticed that sometimes around my nose where I have quite large pores it seemed to sit in them but I found that I could buff them out, I now use the foundation primer and no longer have this problem at all. I find that other Mineral make ups can irritate my skin, cause breakout and be itchy but I dont even feel like im wearing make up with this one, I can honstely say that this is the best foundation I have used in a long time and I will continue to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before stumbling upon a Merle Norman store in my small town, I didn't know anything about their products. But I was on a mission for a new mineral foundation so I decided to check Merle Norman out. The girl at the store let me try out the foundation by putting it on me and when I first looked in the mirror, I was orange. But then we tried again with the L10 shade, (i have reddish/brown hair and fair skin) it looked flawless. So before you buy this product make sure you try the shades out, because the two shades I tried on went from orange to perfect fair coverage- quite a difference. Anyways, this might possibly be my HG mineral foundation at the moment. I wear it everyday and it covers all my redness and blemishes. Plus, the best part is it stays on ALL day. I go to school at 7 and I don't get home until 7 and when I look in the mirror, it looks exactly like it did twelve hours before. I'm a happy customer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This could quite possibly be my HG foundation. I have never, ever found a foundation that I've been this satisfied with. I require a lot out of a foundation. I need lots of coverage - I have a ridiculous amount of red blotchiness, darkness around my eyes, and an overall uneven skin tone. Adding the fact that my skin is dry and quite sensitive, well you can see why I've never really found a foundation that I love. I need full coverage but hate the way full coverage foundations look so mask-like.
This foundation is different, though. It doesn't accentuate the slightly crepey skin and fine lines under my eyes. It makes that area look softer.
With a couple of layers I can get the coverage I need without looking too powdery and mask-like. The finish is soft and natural without the BE shimmer. Although, I should add that I don't care for the way it looks without some kind of loose powder/mineral veil product. I use one from Everyday Minerals and the combination of the two is awesome. I find that I don't need a mineral concealer with this. I use a concealer brush and use the foundation itself as a concealer.
I've even noticed that my cheap drugstore blush doesn't wear off when applied over these two products. It's usually gone in a couple of hours with other foundations.
This foundation lasts several hours without a touch-up. Yesterday I didn't touch up all day and I was impressed that I didn't have any oilies on my T zone and the foundation was pretty much still looking good by evening.
I've been using this for about 2 weeks and no breakouts on my sensitive skin!
And like so many others have mentioned you get a lot for the price.
If you've never considered Merle Norman before, give it a try. I'm so glad I got over the idea that it's makeup for older ladies and gave it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hollygkb

I wanted to like this product based on the reviews I have read. The coverage is not great although you can build upon it. The color selections need to be expanded. Appears to sit on top of your face even with lots of blending. Have tried all the mineral foundations and still have not found one that I would endorse fully. You get lots of product for your money that is about the only "great" thing I can say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can sum up this review in one word----ORANGE!!! My goodness this makeup is awful for those with super fair skin like me. I noticed at first that it was really dark when I put it on (By the way, I purchased L10-the lightest one), and as the day went on my face was more and more orange!! Nasty!! Plus I was super shiny. I don't feel that this is a good makeup for oily skin girls. The only, only postive thing I can say about this makeup is it did not break me out (which is an absolute miracle because everything does). But I just can't go around with an orange shiny face. Maybe it works better for those who are not extremely pale like myself...