November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Fragrances - Valentino - Rock n Rose

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Joy2225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this fragrance at first then it just got too cloying. However it does not last long either. I would not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Kellex

I don't understand this fragrance at all. It was a gift from me mum for Christmas. My boyfriend HATES it (he outdid mama with Bulgari Omnia), but I've had several co-workers practically under a spell because of it. Anyway, I suppose I am dull for loving the scent of rose, but unlike other stuffy rose perfumes, this one is very youthful. The only complaint is staying power; I feel like I have to douse myself in it for even a subtle effect. Also, I've noticed since December it has acquired a slight yellowish discoloration...indicative of something bad, I am assuming.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by melissap1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yech. I couldn't detect any rose in this except for the initial 60 seconds. Then for an hour it smelled like a "prailines and cream" candle by Yankee Candles. Kind of sweet and carmely like a melted, sticky carmel sundae with vanilla ice cream on a hot day. Blech. As far as lasting power, it lasted WAY too long on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by AriannaCapuani

I wanted to replace my Armani Code with a lighter, springtime fragrance. I thought Diorissimo was awesome but still a little too "ladylike". So I decided to try this one, and I must admit it was the fragrance I was looking for. First, it's not a grannie-like rose scent, but a much gentler one (it must be mixed with some lily of the valley); second, it makes me happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bluezinnia

A lot like "Stella," just not as strong. Neither one lasts well enough or have much sillage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dee615

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm surprised that several reviewers found this cloying - 'cause for me, the selling point of Rock N Rose is that it's about the only NON cloying rose fragrance I've found. (OK, Blugari Rose comes a close second.) I've tried a lot of rose fragrances - all the way from KMart to Neiman Marcus - and this is the best I've ever tested. It has a slight edgy spicy note that sets it apart from the rest of the nauseating/ grandma rose scents. I agree that the staying power is short, but I don't mind that.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by cruzy80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not bad...for a floral, and I generally avoid florals like the plaque...I gave my bottle away to a friend though. Not too old lady rose, but it gave me a slight headache wearing it. Too much florals and not enough fruit or vanilla or anything to mellow it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very sensitive to fragrances and I was really turned off by this one. I hoped to love it because as a little girl I used to wear rose scented oil. However, as another reviewer mentioned, the dry down on me smelled like insect repellent. I was sitting in a meeting when suddenly the scent became overpowering to me and I actually felt nauseous. Fortunately, it does wear off rather quickly. Now I can only smell the faintest whiff of chemically blended rose fragrance. Ick. But like all perfumes, to be fair, what smells wonderful on one person can smell truly awful on another. Just doesn't work with my chemistry.

Can't comment on the price or packaging because fortunately this was just a sample...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a lover of rose scents and this is incredibly rosy to me. I love this scent, but it gets old quick. Really cool, unique name, but not too unique a fragrance. It's simply the smell of concentrated rose. So, if you like roses, go for it! It's light, fun, and pretty. Very fresh, and one of my best summer fragrances. Almost too pretty and flowery to be a rock n' roll fragrance. It doesn't portray that hint of rebelliousness as the title gives off. It's really nice, though! It's an everyday fragrance and it doesn't last too terribly long, unfortunately.

Notes as mentioned on Sephora:
Bergamot, Black Currant, Crunch Green, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood, Orris, Musky Notes, Vanilla, Heliotrope.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample from Sephora. I'm not a huge rose lover, to be honest. This went on as sweet rose and vanilla, with a balsamic, musky base note. The effect was a dirty, almost spicy rose with a top of sweet powder. I found the combination to be cloying and unpleasant. Not for me.