August 29, 2014 | 1172 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - In the Garden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am super fussy about eyeshadow colors, I rarely find one that I really love, this might be one. To me, it looks like a taupe with khaki/olive and bronze. It is very shimmery but it works. I apply over primer on the lid and blend, I am a minimalist when it comes to eyeshadow, and I can see this being my staple everyday color. I can see why everyone loves this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

very pretty color. i'm not much of an eyeshadow girl, but i do really like this color. i use the EDM eye kabuki to apply a wash to my entire lower eyelid. it does come out a little bit sparkley, but in a nice way. at least i think so. it has a metallic shimmer to it, and that combined with the antique bronze color make it fabulous. as the previous reviewer described, it's a very complex color. i'd describe it as antique bronze with a greenish shimmer with very understated purple tones. it would be better as a pressed shadow since it's so pigmented - it would be easier to control how much was on the brush, i think. anyway, i still love it. and the sample size is going to last me forever due to how little i need to use to get a wash of color. very very pretty color! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I frequent the forums on the Everyday Minerals website and this product is apparently a cult favorite! when I heard the raves on In the Garden I decided to order some. and I must say, it is a beautiful shade. it's a complex color that I have trouble describing, but the website says it's an "antiqued bronze color with amethyst flecks and hints of shimmer". however, to me, it looks like a dark brownish-bronze with a hint of green. it looks good all over the lid by itself, or in the crease or outer V when paired with a lighter shade. truly versatile and good on any skin tone and eye color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by cksa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly am not 100% sure why I like this eyeshadow so much--maybe it's because it turned out to be the only product in my most recent EDM haul that I actually was happy with. (No, say it ain't so, EDM!) When I first put this on, I was taken aback by how glittery it was. I'm talking MAJOR glitter here; the glitter was EVERYWHERE, it had major fall out when I put it on (I wear it dry and dab it on), and I felt like I was getting ready to go to a disco. So that I could be the star attraction. As the disco ball. "Oh maaaan!" I thought. "I can't go to work with this on!"

But... "But... the color is so nice..."

It's just your basic neutral brown, but it has some kind of tinge to it that keeps it from being too bronzy, too chocolatey, or too dirty. It's mysterious. I have no idea how to describe it. Anyway, it smokes out nicely, and I actually did wind up going to work with it on--and I've been going to work wearing it, and just this one color (OK, plus eyeliner and mascara and EDM's "Hot Chocolate" for highlighting--but you get what I mean), for the past two weeks. It defines my eyes in a subtle way, and the glitter kind of wears off in a few hours so that it just looks like a pretty sparkle. Alas, my dreams of disco ball-dom may have been short-lived, but my delight at finally finding my perfect neutral eyeshadow--and so cheap, too!--lives on. I bought this in the $2.50 sample size; I think I'll be getting the full-size when this runs out. IF it runs out, because I just need a little bit to get a lot of results. I just wish the silly shaker/sifter bottle container thingy wasn't so messy. 1 lip off for the non-travel-friendly container, and the initial Rainbow Brite sparkle power. But yes, I really would buy this again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Azsharis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading all the hype about this particular eyeshadow, I guess my hopes for this were too high or something. When I finally tried it on, I was disappointed. I like the colour, but I don't necessarily like all the shimmer. It didn't really do anything for my eyes to make them stand out; it's a nice neutral, but nothing spectacular. At least for me. I'll still use it until I run out, though, and maybe I'll learn to love it. Lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is a nice, medium shimmery brown. However you have to apply it wet for it to show up. I don't think it's anything that special, and I'd much rather use a MAC shadow instead of fussing with a loose pigment and having to foil. It's a pretty color though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product for the shimmer in such a neutral colour. This taupe is a bit darker than MAC's Satin Taupe and leans towards the grey side, which I like because it applies darker. The shimmer makes it look even more special. I've been pairing this with Hepcat with Nylon as a highlighter and will probably use it with brighter blues and greens as well. I get the best results when I pack one or two shades of this on with a flat brush. Get it, girls (and guys)! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by belletrist9

This is my go-to eyeshadow. I'm a pretty low-maintenance makeup person, so when I have time in the morning, I sweep this on, just above the lashline, and the bottom outer corner of my eyes dry for a subtle smokey eye look. It's barely noticeable, but natural looking, and it does make my eyes look bigger. It looks beautiful as a wet liner too, for more special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

TO me this shade was just OK. I was really expecting more from it, but it is not the prettiest colour I have ever seen or used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love this shade. I get compliments almost every time I wear it. It really brings out my blue-grey eyes, and is a perfect almost-neutral with a pop of shimmer if I want something cooler-toned than browns but more interesting than greys. It's a fairly deep colour and highly pigmented, but blends easily. I don't even bother pairing this with any other shade, since the multifaceted nature of the colour provides its own contour and highlight. Very flattering.