September 22, 2014 | 982 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dana

I really enjoy pretty much all of the Lavanila fragrances, and this one is not exception. I would say it falls into the Floral Oriental category of fragrance. The scent is warm, and vanilla is the most pronounced note, but there is an undercurrent of patchouli that's very subtle. I know patchouli and subtly are not exactly synonymous, but somehow this fragrance manages to exploit all of patchouli's good qualities. The scent has a bit of sweetness, but is done tastefully. It reminds me of a toned down, grown up version of Aqualina Pink Sugar. It lasts forever on me too. It's a bit pricey at $56, but it's a natural scent that's supposedly good for you (antioxidants and all that) and the bottle lasts a good while. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I bought the rollerball set and this is a nice vanilla. Not too sweet or foody. Just a nice well rounded vanilla. This layers well with pretty much anything. Staying power is wonderful. I like all the scents from this line....my least favorite is the lavender.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got a sample of one of them a while ago and remembered liking it so i purchased the mini set since i love mini portable roll ons. out of the 4, this one was my least favorite (i hated all of them actually but this one was the worst) it smells exactly like pink sugar and i hated pink sugar. i cant smell the vanilla bc the patchouli is so strong, its nauseating. the worse part is that this one was leaking before i even opened it and my room smelled like it for months even though i cleaned it up. staying power is AMAZING and i love the whole natural concept, but its not for me. oh and SO hated it, he said i smelled like BO and something sweet. enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by LadyMorrigan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes i like this alot! great lasting power :-p hmm lets see if it really gives compliments im gonna try it out soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I really like this - it's not super sweet and does have a very pure vanilla smell although there are other things mixed in. I really enjoy Lavanilla products (much more than the Compor Sud Pacific products - those just have an artificial vanilla air freshener sickly sweetness to them). Plus they say it's healthy for you! Not sure about that, but I really enjoy it. (PS - I do seem to like the Vanilla Grapefruit just a bit more though).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love vanilla scents and this one is my favorite. It smells amazing, I absolutely love it. I picked up a rollerball to try it out and I'm definitely going back for a bottle of this. It's not overly sweet like some others I have tried and it lasts really well. Definitely worth trying if you like vanilla.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ladyoftheforest

Since Sephora had a nice gift set with this brand for a good price I decided to try this scent out. OMG. One spray on my wrist and I nearly gagged. What a stink! It was so strong and I did not smell any vanilla at all. It was like someone else said, almost reminiscent of cigarette smells. I did everything I could to scrub it off. I don't get the hype.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really tried to like this because I love vanilla scents but this smells very strange to me. It reminds me of playdough. I tried it numerous times and each time, I got the same result, playdough.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by emmib5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really into vanilla notes and was excited when I found the Lavanila line at Sephora. Tested each different scent and decided to go for the Pure Vanilla, because I was looking for something subtle for fall. Not too flowery or candy like. I went home and sprayed some on myself, asked my family members what they thought and I got all negative responses. I decided that I would give it another chance, but I realized I hated the patchouli smell which was overwhelming to the vanilla notes. It did not mix well with my body chemistry and I extremely disliked the musky-ness that was given off from the first note. The next day I went back to Sephora and exchanged it for the Lavanila Lavender, which although it not at all a fall scent clicked much better with my body chem. Wouldnt doubt this smells great on others, just not me...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My scent !!!

if you love sweet this is for u....i have had girls follow me to ask my parfume!!...walking into toe Coach and the ladys stopped me to ask!!....and whent on thier lunch break to get it...too funny

my all time Favorite....