Lavanila Pure Vanilla

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While the grapefruit perfume is fresh, this one is sexy and a deeper vanilla scent that's for night or the cooler weather months. I love it so much! It does smell powdery on the testers and this turned me off. I really cannot stand powdery perfumes. But on my skin it's a delicious complex vanilla!
Pure Vanilla blends the tender sensuality of fresh Madagascar vanilla with the warm touch of soft patchouli and pure tonka bean. Infused with more vanilla bean than vanilla cookie, this superbly clean scent is a must-have for any vanilla addict.
There's also freesia and heliotrope in the notes not listed. Heliotrope is why I thought this could be powdery because that flower mimic the scent of powder, but once it's on your skin you can't detect it.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I thought I was going to like this more than the Vanilla Grapefruit because I love pure vanilla scents, but actually, I found the Vanilla Grapefruit to smell much more like authentic vanilla. The Pure Vanilla has a lot of patchouli and other smokey smells, and I didn't like the drydown one bit -- very smokey. The Vanilla Grapefruit, on the other hand, dries down to a slightly sweet, but not cloying, vanilla scent.

I really enjoy pretty much all of the Lavanila fragrances, and this one is not exception. I would say it falls into the Floral Oriental category of fragrance. The scent is warm, and vanilla is the most pronounced note, but there is an undercurrent of patchouli that's very subtle. I know patchouli and subtly are not exactly synonymous, but somehow this fragrance manages to exploit all of patchouli's good qualities. The scent has a bit of sweetness, but is done tastefully. It reminds me of a toned down, grown up version of Aqualina Pink Sugar. It lasts forever on me too. It's a bit pricey at $56, but it's a natural scent that's supposedly good for you (antioxidants and all that) and the bottle lasts a good while. I highly recommend this!

I bought the rollerball set and this is a nice vanilla. Not too sweet or foody. Just a nice well rounded vanilla. This layers well with pretty much anything. Staying power is wonderful. I like all the scents from this line....my least favorite is the lavender.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i got a sample of one of them a while ago and remembered liking it so i purchased the mini set since i love mini portable roll ons. out of the 4, this one was my least favorite (i hated all of them actually but this one was the worst) it smells exactly like pink sugar and i hated pink sugar. i cant smell the vanilla bc the patchouli is so strong, its nauseating. the worse part is that this one was leaking before i even opened it and my room smelled like it for months even though i cleaned it up. staying power is AMAZING and i love the whole natural concept, but its not for me. oh and SO hated it, he said i smelled like BO and something sweet. enough said.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

yes i like this alot! great lasting power :-p hmm lets see if it really gives compliments im gonna try it out soon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this - it's not super sweet and does have a very pure vanilla smell although there are other things mixed in. I really enjoy Lavanilla products (much more than the Compor Sud Pacific products - those just have an artificial vanilla air freshener sickly sweetness to them). Plus they say it's healthy for you! Not sure about that, but I really enjoy it. (PS - I do seem to like the Vanilla Grapefruit just a bit more though).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love vanilla scents and this one is my favorite. It smells amazing, I absolutely love it. I picked up a rollerball to try it out and I'm definitely going back for a bottle of this. It's not overly sweet like some others I have tried and it lasts really well. Definitely worth trying if you like vanilla.

Since Sephora had a nice gift set with this brand for a good price I decided to try this scent out. OMG. One spray on my wrist and I nearly gagged. What a stink! It was so strong and I did not smell any vanilla at all. It was like someone else said, almost reminiscent of cigarette smells. I did everything I could to scrub it off. I don't get the hype.

I really tried to like this because I love vanilla scents but this smells very strange to me. It reminds me of playdough. I tried it numerous times and each time, I got the same result, playdough.

Popular Fragrances