April 16, 2014 | 1272 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by vicksy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for about a month. It left my face feeling oily after use, the grit didn't do a good job exfoliating, and because it didn't get my face clean, I broke out really bad.
To end on a good note, the peach smell was pleasant, but that was the only good thing about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by macancheese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have yet to try this product, but I just thought I'd mention that willowbark is where aspirin, aka salicylic acid, comes from. :P I'm guessing this is meant for acne prone skin. Will add more once I try it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a random purchase for me and I like it! It's not my favorite scrub but I do like that it's made with natural plant based ingredients. The ground peach stone bits are a bit rougher than I'm used to (compared to Aveeno's daily brightening scrub or even St. Ive's walnut exfoliating scrub), but I just lighten up on the scrubbing. I probably wouldn't use this every day - just 1-2x/week when my face needs exfoliating. I didn't notice any buildup leftover from the scrub - maybe my skin is just drier and needed the moisture. I like that it's unscented, although the natural scent of the ingredients is nice. I paid <$8 for mine at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by angela291

I like most Burt's Bees products and use the Cream Cleanser regularly. I bought this scrub with great expectations, but was a little dissappointed. There is really more cream base than exfoliating granules in there. I also found that this left a film that felt kind of like Vaseline on my face afterwards. Perhaps I'll shove this back in the drawer and give it another crack in the winter months, or use it for body exfoliating.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really good drustore exfoliator it feels really good and I used it during my Hawaii trip when I had a terrible sunburn, and my regular acne stuff was to harsh, this gently scrubbed away the sunburn flakes and wasn't to harsh and I still use it a couple times a week as an exfoliator.. but if you are looking for a miricle product to clear your skin this product could definately help... but u need something else too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran out of my boots cleanser and vita-c scrub that I had been using, so I bought burts bees orange citrus cleanser and this willowbark and peach scrub, and my skin has been so much better. I used to have reaaaalllly flaky skin, and no matter how much I scrubbed, it stuck to my skin and wouldnt come off. But this scrub is rough enough to get all of the dead skin off of my face, but its still really gentle as long as you dont rub your face really hard with it. I use it three times a week, and it works perfectly. I have sensitive skin too, and this wasnt too harsh for it. Only gave it four stars (or lipsticks) because I dont know whether it is this or the other burts bees product that has made my skin look so amazing. Anyway, even though its more than what i would normally pay for a scrub, its worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't see how anyone could use this unless they had very dry skin. I loved the smell, loved the peach rind, love the ingredients, and especially loved the ingredients that were not included, but I had to wash my face again after using this..

It was pleasant while using, but once I rinsed it, I felt like I had a layer of wax over my skin...I tried waiting, and I did get better, but only a tiny bit and I still couldn't stand the feel of my skin, so I washed my face with soap...

I kept it for about a week and thought maybe it would grow on me; tried using less, tried using different temperatures of water, did everything I could think of to make it work, and it still felt disgusting to me. I replaced it with another product that's similar (an organic walnut-shell scrub) and got rid of it. Even my mom had the same problem with it, and her skin is fairly dry..

Not to mention it's expensive...I've loved every other Burt's Bee's product I' ve bought, but this was a miss.

I love the product in theory. Just not for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddictEK

i absolutely love burt's bees face products. i'm not sure why other people don't seem to like this, maybe they have sensitive skin? i have combination skin--dry on cheeks and forehead, more oily on chin and nose--and this scrub is AMAZING. i suggest this only for skin on the drier side, though, because it's actually pretty moisturizing for a scrub, which i LOVE. i don't even put a moisturizer on after this, and my skin isn't dry at all, which is really rare for me. it does have a pretty strong scent, which i don't love, but i don't really mind it. overall, i really adore this scrub. i definitley recommend it, but to people with dry/normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by w4nnie

can't stand the smell, too strong and creamy
effect is moderate
don't like the grains it leaves on your face..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LaLAagirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to love this product. Unfortunately i think it made me brakout like carzy. One of the main ingredients is cocunut oil which is clogging. Aside from breaking me out i liked it. It left my skin moisturized. it felt so goooood. oh and the smell is wonderful. wish my skin could tolerate it. Recommend for dry skin,and those who are not acne prone.