Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a good scrub if you have very sensitive or dry skin, It really soothes the skin but unless you're very dry you won't need a lotion - It does leave behind a bit of a film but it's really nourishing and the smell is fantastic. I like good old Queen Helene Apricot Scrub because I don't have a problem with exfoliators being too strong, but if you do - then you should try this, It's very gentle.

To be honest I am shocked at this product! I usually love Burt's Bees. I hate it because:
-I found it way too gritty and abrasive for a facial scrub
-It left a waxy filmy residue on my face
-I broke out worse then I ever have before. And I do not have acne prone skin what so ever. It took about 2 weeks after I stopped using this to get my skin back to normal.

I'm surprised by the positive reviews on this. For me, it was just horrible.

i like this product although it's very scratchy and harsh for my face. I apply it very gently and remove it under the shower sheet of water. removal using fingers is adding an extra scratching and it's painful. i use this scrub not more than once a week. i think cleanser without these harsh grains would work miracles, it leaves the skin very smooth. i like the smell. i won't repurchase. i'd like to have a scrub that i could use on a daily basis, so i'm in search for a product with very tiny and gentle grains.

I have combination acne prone skin and I love this product. I got it from a Burt's Bees Grab Bag and it was a sample size. The first time using it, it felt weird because it left a waxy residue on my skin. But after it dried on my skin, my skin felt SOOOOO soft!!! I'm in love. Usually exfoliators (like St.Ives, Queen Helene) are very harsh on my skin and make my skin look red and dried out. But the Burt's Bees one is different. I can't stop touching my face. And it hasn't broken me out *crosses fingers*. I will definitely be buying this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

This is not a bad product at all it just hasn't surpassed my HG Clean and Clear Morning Burst cleanser. It smells really good though. I do agree that it leaves a waxy feeling on my face. It was fun to try though.
p.s. After using this I realised that my sink is completely covered in the walnut stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really did not like this scrub. First, it was wayyy too abrasive. The little gritties were really harsh against my skin, and it was kind of even a little painful. And second, it would leave this waxy film when I rinsed it off which is one of my very few pet peeves---I hate it when facial cleansers leave residue! It means your skin isn't really clean...! I tried to use it a couple times, but I couldn't bring myself to like it. This is a no go in my book...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world because my skin is exactly where I want it to be. Which is to say, dewy and matte at the same time (if that's possible - strangely enough it is occurring on my face!) It's also smooth and clear and my cheeks are flushed with a rosy pink. I'm loving my skin right now and I think it's because of the biweekly scrubbing using this product. I'm also using Lush's Herbalism and Olay's Complete facial moisturizer in sensitive. These three products work in tandem to keep my skin this way and I will continue using them. As for the waxy feel some other reviewers have talked about, I haven't experienced that. My skin feels quenched and refreshed after I use this scrub. I have oily skin and I haven't broken out at all like some reviewers have. Bottom line - this is a great product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin and this did not make me break out. The "grit" is a little abrasive, but it helps if you gently rub your face instead of actually scrubbing it. After washing my face with this it made my skin glow even without toner/moisturizer. I'm a big fan.

i use this all the time!!! i love this face scrub, it is the only one that doesnt dry out my skin and make me break out. I have very sensitive skin and almost everything either dries it out or i get breakouts, but with this one it didnt! however, it sort of leaves this "waxy" feeling(idk how to describe it) on your face after you use it, but i dont mind it. other than that its great :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells amazing! I love that it makes my face smell like peaches. It doesn't do anything for my acne, but you should only use a scrub like this once a week so I mainly just use it when I want my face to smell good and feel moisturized because it leaves oil or something behind. Probably won't buy this again though, I don't use it much.