Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 3/24/2011 9:18:00 PM

I have combination acne prone skin and I love this product. I got it from a Burt's Bees Grab Bag and it was a sample size. The first time using it, it felt weird because it left a waxy residue on my skin. But after it dried on my skin, my skin felt SOOOOO soft!!! I'm in love. Usually exfoliators (like St.Ives, Queen Helene) are very harsh on my skin and make my skin look red and dried out. But the Burt's Bees one is different. I can't stop touching my face. And it hasn't broken me out *crosses fingers*. I will definitely be buying this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

This is not a bad product at all it just hasn't surpassed my HG Clean and Clear Morning Burst cleanser. It smells really good though. I do agree that it leaves a waxy feeling on my face. It was fun to try though.
p.s. After using this I realised that my sink is completely covered in the walnut stuff.

on 2/16/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really did not like this scrub. First, it was wayyy too abrasive. The little gritties were really harsh against my skin, and it was kind of even a little painful. And second, it would leave this waxy film when I rinsed it off which is one of my very few pet peeves---I hate it when facial cleansers leave residue! It means your skin isn't really clean...! I tried to use it a couple times, but I couldn't bring myself to like it. This is a no go in my book...

on 2/14/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world because my skin is exactly where I want it to be. Which is to say, dewy and matte at the same time (if that's possible - strangely enough it is occurring on my face!) It's also smooth and clear and my cheeks are flushed with a rosy pink. I'm loving my skin right now and I think it's because of the biweekly scrubbing using this product. I'm also using Lush's Herbalism and Olay's Complete facial moisturizer in sensitive. These three products work in tandem to keep my skin this way and I will continue using them. As for the waxy feel some other reviewers have talked about, I haven't experienced that. My skin feels quenched and refreshed after I use this scrub. I have oily skin and I haven't broken out at all like some reviewers have. Bottom line - this is a great product!

on 2/6/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin and this did not make me break out. The "grit" is a little abrasive, but it helps if you gently rub your face instead of actually scrubbing it. After washing my face with this it made my skin glow even without toner/moisturizer. I'm a big fan.

on 1/17/2011 12:04:00 AM

i use this all the time!!! i love this face scrub, it is the only one that doesnt dry out my skin and make me break out. I have very sensitive skin and almost everything either dries it out or i get breakouts, but with this one it didnt! however, it sort of leaves this "waxy" feeling(idk how to describe it) on your face after you use it, but i dont mind it. other than that its great :)

on 1/16/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells amazing! I love that it makes my face smell like peaches. It doesn't do anything for my acne, but you should only use a scrub like this once a week so I mainly just use it when I want my face to smell good and feel moisturized because it leaves oil or something behind. Probably won't buy this again though, I don't use it much.

on 1/10/2011 8:07:00 PM

My mom sent this to me, because she knew I liked Burt's Bees products. Yikes, this scrub could take your skin right off your face. It has tons of grit and I would not recommend it for someone who has sensitive skin. This scrub is definitely for summer only when your skin is oily from the heat ~ it's not a winter scrub for my aging 49 year old skin.

I didn't notice an oily feeling afterwards, nor did I have any breakouts. I do not like the smell of this product and I found it very hard to remove. I tried just water on my hands and I had to resort to a wash cloth to remove the grit. It's just okay ~ it will probably end up collecting dust underneath my sink.

on 12/10/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this for about a month. It left my face feeling oily after use, the grit didn't do a good job exfoliating, and because it didn't get my face clean, I broke out really bad.
To end on a good note, the peach smell was pleasant, but that was the only good thing about this product.

on 11/26/2010 9:02:00 PM

I have yet to try this product, but I just thought I'd mention that willowbark is where aspirin, aka salicylic acid, comes from. :P I'm guessing this is meant for acne prone skin. Will add more once I try it...

Popular Scrubs