Crystal Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

Purified water (aqua), natural mineral salts, potassium alum, cellulose

on 9/1/2010 10:03:00 PM

This is my first review on here, but I finally found something worth reviewing. I have been using regular deodorants for years. Mostly used secret or dove deodorant. Well it was never good enough to completely mask the odor. If I worked out heavily or had to do some yardwork outside in the heat, my deodorant would always fail.

Within the past year or so I've been trying Secret and Dove's Clinical strength deodorant. While that worked better, it was expensive and you only got a little product. I was having to purchase it at least twice a month. Also whenever I would shower, I would have to scrub my underarms to try and remove the deodorant so I could shave but it seemed like I couldn't get it all off.

Well one day I was in my local health food store and I saw Crystal Deodorant. I looked at it and thought yea right. That stuff would never work. It was a few months later I decided to read some reviews on it, and boy was I impressed by what I read! I had to go out and buy it right away.

At my local health food store Crystal Deodorant was about 7.00. I had read that there was a solid rock form and then there was a smaller rock form in a regular deodorant like package. I chose it because I knew you had to wet it to rub under your arms and I thought it would be easier to hold in that type of packaging.

Well I tried it out. I wet it and applied it under my arms and I have not looked back since. This stuff is amazing!!! I have no odor at all no matter what I do! I only have to apply it once a day. I have also read that you can apply it to the bottom of your feet to prevent foot odor. I have tried it and it works! Basically what this deodorant does is prevents the odor causing bacteria that develops under your arms from even starting so your left with no odor at all. Also there is no sticky residue from it it glides on smoothly and it's clear so you cannot see or feel that you have any deodorant on at all.

The only negative I have on this product is that it does not prevent wetness. That is not a problem for me, but for others especially men it may be.

Also this product is for men and women. It is so worth it too since it's supposed to last a year or so.

on 8/28/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been looking for a deodorant without any aluminum in it, since I'd read reports that it may be linked to cancer. I saw this stuff in the store and decided to try it, even though I was skeptical at first. But I love it! I use this in the Lavender and White Tea scent and it does not irritate my sensitive skin. Its not really an antiperspirant, so you will still sweat some. But its very effective as a deodorant. This does not dry out your skin at all. And best off all no white marks on anything!

I'm smelly. There, I said it. My boyfriend can go a week sans showers and still smells like roses, while I definitely need to re-apply after 10-12 hours. I hate stick deodorant, but the hard salt crystal just does NOT work for me. I tried another roll-on crystal deodorant, but it barely worked better.

The Crystal Essence Pomegranate lasts ALL day and night, through workouts, heat, everything! It is my HG for sure.

The smell is very light, and doesn't seem to clash with my perfumes at all, unlike my other scented deodorants.

on 4/22/2010 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Of all the natural deodorants i have tried of late, this one is my current go-to. It controls odor pretty well considering - if i am not active, I am good all day. If i work out do yard work or something, i do have to reapply, but that's to be expected and not a big deal at all considering its not full of nasty chemicals. I do like the convenience of the roll - on. Its easier to use than the rock version, and for that convenience alone i find i reach for this natural deodorant more than all the others. I think you really have to try a lot of natural deodorants to find one that works with your body chemistry, but it's worth it. For me, this one not quite HG, but till i find that, this one is a winner.

on 3/31/2010 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this deodorant - it's super effective as a deodorant and lasts all day. I don't sweat that much, but I felt that all other deodorants and/or anti-perspirants I tried in the past left me smelling funky after just a few hours. It's really a trip to not be able to smell any kind of body odor whatsoever in my armpits if I use this, haha!

on 2/8/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm writing this review because for the past 6-8 months I have been very happy with my roll on deodorant. I don't tend to sweat profusely unless I'm working out or dancing my shoes off, HOWEVER, today I discovered that my fragrance fee deodorant has a rather nasty smell. This has happened overnight, I wonder if any others have had a problem like this or is it because I store it in the bathroom where I shower (steam). Overall the product is great, however for those days I worked out I would have to wear something stronger as I don't appreciate smelling like a man, thank you very much. I would buy again since it's worth the money (still have a third left in bottle).

on 1/22/2010 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had to write a review on this after reading CAZUAE's below as I completely agree - I also licked the thing as I didn't believe it was doing anything when applying it (not an experience I'll be repeating!)

I too have been amazed at how effective this deoderant is as I've had a long search for effective deoderants/anti-perspirants including all major brands and have found them to be pretty poor by the end of a long day at work (and I don't think I'm that sweaty!)

However, I've been using Crystal for a week now following recommendations from my mum and sister and I'm pleased to say I've been completely odour-free for the entire week, including during exercise. So I'm very pleased with this product. My mum was saying she's had hers for a year and it's still half-full, so top marks for value for money. It's also paraben free and not full of nasty chemicals, so even better! I don't work for the company, honestly, I'm just really impressed that my long search for a decent deoderant is finally over! : )

on 1/5/2010 10:25:00 PM

I used this as it was a free gift with purchase. I have never had a real problem with deodorants before and usually only use them once I get out of the shower, at night. I have to say that this product made me stink! More importantly it made the SO ask if I had showed, as in I smelled that bad. I do not know if it was because I do not reapply or if it because it only last for 8 hours but I will not rebuy... I will stick to my Kiehls instead.

on 12/20/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I saw a TV program which tested deodorants and the natural mineral deodorant came out tops so thought I would give it a go albeit with a heavy dose of skepticism. I found the Crystal body deodorant stick at the chemist for around GBP 5 so bought that cos frankly I liked the packaging and there weren't too many other options.

I honestly didn't think it would work. It says to moisten with water slightly and smooth under arms which I did... but I kept 'smoothing' cos I honestly didn't think it was going on! I also have to admit to actually licking it to convince myself that something was going on... 8-) The things we do for the sake of beauty!

2 weeks later I can absolutely confirm that this stuff WORKS. Unbelievable but true. It doesn't stop you sweating but your sweat doesn't smell of anything.. and I can honestly say it lasts 24 hours.. Even with my best alternative deodorant (Mitchum for women) I found that at the end of the day my armpits might start to smell slightly... lovely topic right?!

Seriously good stuff and very economical as it says this should last up to a year, which, with the cost of deodorants/anti-perspirants these days is not an inconsiderable consideration. I will definitely continue to use this...

on 12/17/2009 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know if I did something wrong or what- but I really really wanted to love this! All natural, no bad chemicals, non-irritating for my very sensitive underarms- it truly seemed perfect based off reviews. Controls B.O but not so much effective for sweating- I don't sweat much, just need something to keep me smelling fresh.

Well- this was not effective in the "fresh" department for me whatsoever! I'm very dissapointed! I'm going to test out Almay Hypo allergenic next, but I hope in the future I'm able to find something all natural that will not make me smell WORSE than if I used nothing. For now I'm back to using my trusty but irritating and chemical laden Dove.

Oh- also the packaging on this is hideous- can't it atleast be semi-attractive? It get's a 2 though in my book for being all natural.

Top Rated Crystal Products