November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation. It gave me a really nice coverage and it was easy to apply. I used it in Natural and it matched perfectly my NC40 skin tone, BUT it clogged, CLOGGED, my pores so I had to stop using it. I really wish it worked for me. It cut my make up rutine to half the time!!! but we were not meant to be =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kattg425

I used this foundation at college during the fall/winter months when I just needed a quick makeup application then head to class. I really like the matte finish. It covered up my blemishes, scars, and dark circles. Avoid layering or it will look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Certainly not like MAC Studio Fix and CERTAINLY not enough coverage for me. This looks very powdery and chalky on me, which I hate. It is also very drying. I can literally hear my skin crisping as I apply it. Also doesn't have SPF, which I need. The price is nice, $8, but all it's flaws don't even make it worth that for me. I would rather pay $30 for something I like, like MAC Studio Fix. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by am26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder!!!! It reminds me a lot of the studio fix powder from mac but honesty i like the mark one better. Its got the same coverage as the fix without the chalky affect of the fix.I dont know latey the mac one has felt really thick and i didnt relize it until i bought the mark one and felt so light on my face only i got better coverage. I have some acne scars and it seems to mask them effortlessly. I do however like to layer my foundation sometimes i will put on liquid foundation and i used to use the studio to set, when i set it w mark's its much lighter on my face than the studio and not to metion a heck of a lot cheaper! I think it retails for 8 buck so i can pretty much buy 3 for the price of one studio. The only con is the packaging is pretty dumb. Its sooo big and obnoxious but i can deal with it because i love it soo much.I use c4 in the studio fix so my color is honey in the mark one if that helps any of you guys that use my color in the studio. I fluxuate between this one the buff. But i think the honey color is closer to my shade. I have an avon store by my house so i was fortunate enough that mark provides a shade swatch. I also have oily skin. When i read review thats one of the thing i look for to see how a product works. I normally work 12 hrs so i need to reapply after 6.It does a good job of keeping me matte and i dont use primers. I know some people feel that makes it last longer but i think it does a good job of stayin on wout one.So all of you ladies w oily skin go out and give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this powder foundation A LOT. It feels smooth and nice on my skin and provides me with really good coverage. It doesn't break me out too, so that's good. I just like how it's not as sheer as other powders, like my Mac Mineralized Skin Finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by gabycakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! This is really good stuff. I bought it on a whim, thinking I could use it for the fall matte look, but I've been really impressed with it's overall versatility. It is a smooth creamy powder foundation that, depending on your application method, can be light to full coverage. I was thinking it would be more of a pressed powder but the coverage is more like a foundation. It looks really natural and lasts fantastically. The price is really affordable and you get alot, but aside from that it is just a great product. I have normal to oily skin but usually prefer liquid foundation to have more control of the finish, because I don't want to look to made up, matte but not dry ect. and I hate having to touch up during the day. Apply it once properly and get on with your day is my motto. This lives up to that sort of lifestyle, I keep reaching for this in the morning because it doesn't fade or get all schmeary if you get sweaty, if anything it looks even better as the day goes on. Doesn't gather in pores or fine lines, accentuate flakies and leaves a polished velvety finish without looking like make up. The color selection is really good, although they can look a little weird in the compact. I got buff, which looked a little warm/yellow but blended beautifully into invisible make-up/perfect skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

HG quality! Mark Powder Buff is my new favorite foundation! At first, I was scared to purchase it since it only came in 8 shades and it's a little difficult to find a color match online. But I thought that at $9, I wouldn't lose out on much. And plus, Avon/Mark accepts returns and exchanges. Turns out that Natural (the 4th shade in lightest to darkest order) is a PERFECT match! This powder is definitely superior to other powder foundations I have tried in the past; it's even better than MAC Studio Fix which I used to love. It goes on velvety smooth and doesn't look chalky or fake at all. And I love that it doesn't contain pore-clogging Talc or Bismuth Oxychloride. The sleek, supercute packaging is also a plus. Just make sure that you use a powder, buffer or kabuki brush to apply this (or any powder). You can never get smooth application using an included sponge. Also, sponges are not very hygienic; they are a breeding ground for bacteria when re-used. Overall: GREAT PRODUCT! Will repurchase when I run out. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update: After wearing my favorite powder foundation the other day and then returning to this, I have to say that the mark Powder Buff is on par with HE powder foundations at a much more reasonable price. I'm very happy with this product and I think I have an HG on my hands if things continue this well.

I was looking for an everyday substitute for my beloved Shiseido Smoothing powder foundation (which is too expensive to use every day and I reserve it for special occasions) when I read a review that this is similar. For the cheap price ($9) and great return policy, I figured it was worth a try. I prefer powder foundations over liquid because of the ease of application, but my skin doesn't like MMU.

I really like mark's powder foundation. As others have said, it can be a bit powdery when first applied. This goes away quickly as it wears, but I remedy by spraying with a bit of mark's Mist Opportunity. Overapplication can result in a chalky, powdery appearance, so I'm careful not to overapply. A little goes a long way with this foundation.

Although the line doesn't have the most vast color selection, I found a great match in Nude for my summer yellow-toned PPP skin. I may end up mixing with Ivory in winter because I have a feeling Ivory alone will be a bit too light.

I was concerned that the higher mica content would cause an issue of clogged pores or itching for me, but so far so good. I think any itching I've experienced as been a result of skincare, not this.

The packaging is great, and it's easy to carry the compact in my bag for touch ups. I also carry a little powder brush because I prefer to apply this with a brush for lighter coverage. I use the sponge on more red areas where I feel I need a little heavier coverage, but I prefer the overall look with the brush application.

I'm not sure that it lasts all day, but it's easy enough to touch up that I don't consider that to be a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Heatherina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just awful. Chalky, drying and heavy. A disappointing product from a line that, overall, I really like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is Holy Grail status! ive been checking out powder foundations for a while (i have oily skin and thought they may b better for my skin than liquid) and ive tried bare escentuals (WAY too shiny), maybelline purestay (irritated my skin), loreal bare naturale (same freaky shine as b.e. plus made my skin itch), maybelline mineral power (all colors too dark and orange or too pink), avon smooth mineral makeup (too cakey), everyday minerals satin finish (made me oilier), everyday minerals matte finish (REALLY wanted to love this but too heavy and unnatural looking). so as you can tell my skin is a bit persnickety and im a bit picky when it comes to foundations but this foundation is unbelievably PERFECT!! I have light skin with yellow undertones and i got the color Buff Skin. the shades online are a bit off but Buff Skin it is a light golden shade with yellow undertones. It is $9 which is a bargain for such a great product. It is sooo lightweight in the way it feels and looks. doesnt make me look fuzzy or cakey at all an looks really natural (indoors AND out!). if layered im sure it could b full coverage but i dont need much coverage so one layer is great for me. goes on soo smooth and thats exactly how ur skin looks, SMOOTH, EVEN and FLAW-FREE (no joke!). feels super comfortable on my sensitive, persnickety skin. i apply with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Badger Kabuki Brush and buff it in. i cannot tell you how much i LOVE this foundation! i will definitely be buying again and again:)