October 21, 2014 | 2057 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Mommycristy

I was so excited for this product!!! I wanted to love it sooo much! But i hate it. I have combination skin but i get really dry patches on the side of my face . This foundation enhanced them and it look horrific ! On the side of my face i have horrible acne so the one pro is the coverage . It does have excellent coverage .

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh gave me pimples. :( great coverage and was def matte so it looked great on my oily skin, Until a couple days later when I had a face filled with like 3-4 cystic pimples!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Jenary

Blends easily, lasts all day. Good coverage. Worth the price. Only small amount needed. Works great on my combination skin. T-zone appears dewy (not greasy) after hours of exposure. Mix it with super matte loose powder for extra matte hold.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rockyBbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for two years. In the beginning it was my holy grail! I have oily skin and this was the first foundation I purchased for my skin type and I was really pleased at how flawless and matte the coverage was but how it still looked like skin, hence the "velvet" part. Back then I only wore foundations to go out so for the 5 hours I would wear it I loved it and it photographed beautifully. As soon as I got hired at Sephora I was forced to wear a full face everyday and it was not until then that I realized how fast this foundation broke down and how awful it would make the rest of my makeup look. Contour would have fallen down, blush would disappear into my pores and my acne scars would start showing through, it made me my skin so shiny it looked wet, and my skin felt "mucky" and gross. I would feel so uncomfortable when looking in a mirror, i would even blot throughout the day to prevent that oiliness but nothing helped, I tried translucent powder and oil-control setting makeup spray, it would help for a little but nothing ever made me completely happy. I realize that my skin could have gotten use to the product but regardless It stopped doing what it said. My skin is so oily that I would have to use silicone based mattifying primers but the foundation would get really patchy in areas especially when I applied it with a beauty blender, it was almost as if it was picking up the foundation more then it was putting it down, probably because of the matte properties. But even when using a brush the foundation would still get oily and patchy, even when using non-silicone primers, I was done trying to make it work for me. Nothing against the product and I love MUFE as a brand but I would not re purchase this foundation again, I've never seen makeup look so broken and I never want to look in the mirror and feel that way again. I'm looking for a new foundation and so far the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Foundation is looking like a keeper! any suggestions?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Lucycamp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation it looks very natural I have gotten so many compliments on my makeup after I started using it..... Sadly my nose still get super oily (it's my problem area)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Spageddies

I really wanted to love this product, I have oily skin so the idea of a matte foundation was perfect for me. I was matched at sephora with their color iq tool. when I tried it on in the store I was amazed at how the color matched perfectly and how the finish looked like natural skin. I purchased a tube and wore the foundation every day that week, and by the end of every day my face was a slick mess. I also developed a huge zit on my cheek, which was not normal. I tried different finishing powders, sprays,and primers and nothing helped. I had to return it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited that this came in my color, but this foundation was a big letdown for me. The palest shade is a perfect neutral ivory, but this is in no way matte, besides the fact that it emphasizes dry spots. This sat horribly on top of my skin and separated like crazy. By noon I was an oil slick. Glad I tried a sample before buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chichiritchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's not as full coverage as I thought it would be. I'll switch back to Clinique's foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xKandixRaverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm essentially a ghost with acne, and the lightest shade (15, I believe) works perfectly for me. Throughout the day, oil seems to peek through on my nose but it's nothing some powder can't fix. It's pretty pricey but worth it as I have a hard time finding foundations pale enough. I wouldn't reccomend this if you have dry skin. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the whole MU Forever line, especially their foundations, I like the Mat Velvet, it has def made my skin look like silk, on days where the weather is warm or humid this is my go=to foundation, I usually use the HD foundation on a regular basis.