Hard Candy Liquid

3.1

on 7/21/2004 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is really a nice and fun fragrance. Smells like a really light version of Lolita Lempicka mixed with chanel Chance, in a good way. The scent is clear and not heavy, a mix of licorice and pear. Not too heavy for the warm weather.

I could see it not being for everyone but I like it! The bottle is cute with the big oversized ring. Got it at Marshalls for $9.99. Does have a bit of a chemical smell in the drydown, minus one lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Despite the unpopularity of this, I love the candy smell of Hard Candy Liquid. It's sweet, and smells like babies to me. Not for a dramatic evening scent, but brilliant for everyday.

on 6/5/2004 7:07:00 PM

This is one of my favorite fragarances! It smells just like candy. Its totally worth the price of about $45.00. The packaging is adorable and i got a ton of compliments from people...some that i never even talked to...so what are you waiting for? go buy this stuff!!

on 6/3/2004 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this in swap and I LOVE it! I can't believe all of the negative reviews...this smells unbelievable to me. It must be everyone's chemistry is different. I cant explain how it smells, but its really nice and sophisticated. Cute bottle and ring too. I'd sniff it out at the store! :)

on 5/14/2004 7:03:00 PM

This smells horrific. Like pure alcohol mixed with gasoline. I'm sorry, I just can't stand it. To give you an example of the kind of perfumes that my nose likes: Philosophy Amazing Grace, Demeter Quince and Tiger Lily, etc.

on 4/28/2004 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I liked this until I read that it had a black licorice note. Ever since then, black licorice is all I smell...and I hate black licorice.

on 4/4/2004 7:11:00 PM

Just found this at TJ Maxx & was a little hesitant to buy it because of all the bad reveiws, went ahead and bought it anyway. I am in love with this perfume. It is so nice, sweet, but not sugary-flowery sweet. I really love black licorice, but I can't even detect a hint of it in this. Slightly reminds me of my Chanel Chance. Hopefully I'll go back for a 2nd:)

on 3/28/2004 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, unlike just about everyone else here I did not even get a ring with this to justify the purchase. I guess that is what happens when you pay $9.99 at Marshalls for a designer fragrance.
I smell anise and some sort of light fruit, I guess it is pear according to the site - what an odd combination.
I can't say that this stinks, exactly, but it is definitely not "me", I keep checking my wrists to make sure that I am not sporting black licorice whip handcuffs, because that is what keeps wafting up to my nostrils now.
Hmm. Not a pleasing visual. Not an appealing scent.

on 3/21/2004 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So the pig in me came out when I went back for more Orlane moisturizer at Marshalls. It's when I blinked that a group of Hard Candy Liquid caught my eye. Now I can't stand perfumes for the most part -- for those like me, you know what I'm talking about -- the watery stingy eyes, the dizziness and naseau that comes from the heavy perfume of old ladies and the "odor" when fragrance reacts poorly w/ individual chemistry. But the packaging caught my eye -- yes, I bought THREE Liquid bottles for the packaging alone. Someone shoot me. And lets not forget the giant ring by Colette Malouf that came along w/ this. So it's big and doesn't fit. Who cares. It's by Colette Malouf. About the fragrance -- it's spicy. It's anise (black licorice) and it's pear (Anjou or Bosc?). I'm surprised that Liquid got such mixed reviews. I really like this and I'm not really a fragrance wearer. It's true when the others say it's "powdery" but it's also kind of spicy which I like. It's also a man magnate which can be good or bad. One of my colleagues at work told me I smelled like a doughnut, but in a good way. I laughed it off. My brother on the other hand thought it was stinky which made me think of Hooba Stank. Some wierdo at Sing Sing, a karaoke bar, cornered me and said "I've been wanting to buy you a drink all night" which would have been good if I was single and thirsty of which I was neither, but this has nothing to do with Liquid, even though I was wearing it out last Thurs. night. Did I attact this creep-o-rama because I was wearing Liquid? Or did I attract him because a dork magnet? You decide.

on 3/12/2004 11:41:00 PM

"HARD CANDY introduces a fragrance that honors individuality & self expression. It speaks attitude and self confidence with an edgy sophistication." Packaging: Foil colored box in Lt blue, purple, & Lime which also matches the ring. That's why alot of people buy it . I actually wanted to try this because it is suppose to smell like Black Licorice( anise) and pear. I agree it does smell alot like "LOTITA LEMPIKA". It also smells like alot of men's aftershave edt. It does smell fresh and clean. Rather powdery dry down. Smelled more lemony on me. Never did actually smell like Licorice. It also smells similar to Anamale Anamale for men. This is the one they sell you because you can't afford "T.M's" ANGEL. Angel smells alot better. I was dissappointed. Nice Bottle. Most people like the Ring. Makes a great thumb or Big toe Ring. No staying power. It's Nice, but not what I expected. FYI: If you want to try it , It's currently on sale for $9.99 for a 1.7 fl.oz with ring on the HARD CANDY web site.

Popular Fragrances