July 31, 2014 | 1877 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Apizzle

I really like this concealer. It blends easily and stays on. I like to use it in the summer when I'm outside- I know it'll stay put! And it conceals everything I want concealed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I am always looking for a good under eye concealer; when I saw this has a treatment plus sunscreen I had to try it. I don't love it and not sure why all the love here in my age category anyway (those are the only reviews I read on this product). To me thus far its very meh.

I say thus far because sometimes I will come back to a concealer such as I did recently with Revlon Spa, to find that with a different foundation and or powder, I liked the concealer much better. That said, every now and again I dig this out not wanting to have wasted money and it simply doesn't thrill me. I get okay coverage, not great, not the best finish and way too light even on my very pale skin. But because I love the spf I might just try this in a darker shade when its on sale. I find it to be averge at best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer as a recommendation. It is very moisturizing for under the eyes, and it never looks cakey or gross. It is not a super full coverage concealer, so if you have extremely bad under-eye circles this may not be the best product. I only have slightly dark circles, so it works pretty well for me to brighten and conceal the under-eye area. I find that it is best applied with my fingers and patted into the skin, otherwise it gets streaky. I also use it on my inner corners as I have very deep-set eyes, and that causes a lot of darkness in the inner corners. It also helps to conceal any discoloration or veining on the eyelid, if that is a problem you have. I have a dark freckle on my brow-bone that it conceals very well. The only problem that I have with this concealer is that it is very yellow-based, so I find that I still need to use a light corrective color underneath it to avoid the yellow mixing with the blue-purple under-eye circles and looking greenish. I use a corrector anyway, so for me this is not a big issue. I would buy this product again, and I think it would work best for people who have light to moderate under-eye circles and drier skin around the eyes (though I am sure people with oily skin could use it as well). It sets nicely, and it stays throughout the day. Because of the SPF 20 in this concealer, I would not use it on days when flash photography will be involved. For reference, I am an NC-15 in MAC (otherwise very light skin with very, very warm undertones and even a slight olive-y-ness to my skin), and I found that the color Buff (09) works well for me, but I could probably go a shade darker.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by behindhersmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I was needing a new under eye concealer to cover my dark circles. The product is more liquid than it is creamy, almost a mixture of the two though. I applied it under my eyes and had felt moisturizing and it didn't do anything for my dark circles but cover them ever so slightly. Being disappointed, I figured I'd try it out on my blemishes. I patted it into my skin, and still, hardly enough coverage to cover the redness. It actually felt very drying, like it was sucking the moisture from my skin. It also looked very dry, and I don't have dry skin. It also settled into fine lines that I have never had concealer settle into (I'm seventeen!).

Now, this is where it gets the one star rating. The spots where I had place concealer, began to feel cakey and itchy! I don't know if I'm allergic to an ingredient in this concealer (never been diagnosed as being allergic to anything), but it was absolutely irritating -- not enough to not survive through the rest of the day, so I just ignored it.

After a couple of hours, the concealer had completely creased under my eyes and was no longer concealing my dark circles. My blemishes were completely unconcealed and looked very dried out.

Overall, I highly do NOT recommend this concealer to anyone who has sensitive skin, dry skin, or combination skin, is looking for a long-lasting concealer, or someone who is looking for a concealer that does indeed conceal under eye circles or blemishes. I will be returning this concealer as it has no use for me, was too expensive for a terrible for product, and will only collect dust in my makeup collection.

PROS:
+ Convienent packaging
+ SPF 20

CONS:
- No color variety
- Does not conceal
- Very drying
- May cause allergic reaction and/or itching
- Pricey for a drugstore concealer
- Not natural looking

Side Note: Removed my makeup from my skin with my usual makeup wipes and the places that I put my concealer began to burn and became a very inflamed red. I ended up having to put Neosporin on the burning areas, which soothed it. I thought I would mention this because I figured it could help warn others who might be debating on trying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. I got this because I was tanning and needed a darker concealer. I got this in medium and i decided to mix it with my MAC studio finish concealer and it looks great. It stays put and it doesn't wear off fast. I'd def recommend this to anyone. It's very smooth & gentle. Great product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by tiff829

I love this concealer! The best way I've found to use it is over my Healthy Skin foundation. I pat it on, and set it with powder. It is soooo creamy, and does not settle in lines. I love that it has the extra SPF, too. This product gives me the coverage I need for my light under eye circles and gives my eyes a nice glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I've used this concealer for five years and have yet to find another one that works as well as this one. By now, I've pretty much given up on using any other concealer but this one. (FYI, it also works decently as a face concealer if you dab it carefully over red spots.)

I'm Asian so I use this in the "medium" tone (strangely the product's darkest tone, despite not being very dark) and it is PERFECT at everything I want it to do. It covers my dark eye circles well (may not work if you have super dark eye circles though), doesn't dry out my skin, stays all day and looks extremely natural. You really only need a TINY drop the tip of your finger to cover your under-eye area, and it's easy to apply everywhere if you keep dabbing it back and forth. (Don't rub it or smear it on, that's how you create wrinkles.) Best of all, this as some decent SPF in it, so it helps to prevent future wrinkles. :D

I'm not a makeup junkie so I rarely wear anything else other than this, but I cannot SURVIVE without this concealer because my dark circles make me paranoid. I've worn this every day throughout my four years of college and am still wearing it into my first year of work. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this stuff is pretty great. It doesn't cover my under eye dark circles completely, but it does a great job of brightening the area and blends really well with my skin. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, like I have a natural glow. I use this on my nose and cheekbones too, just to brighten my face that much more. It also doesn't sink into the lines around my eyes, which a lot of other concealers and foundations tend to do.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by rawrchuux3

I overall love this product :)
It doesn't exactly cover up [all] of my dark circles but it really did blemish my dark circle to be less dark. A bit more non-noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ginabinawina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I'm really impressed with this product. I personally like it a little better than the Clinique all about eyes (can be a bit mask-like but great and opaque) and definitely more than the MUFE lift concealer (I find it to be drying). I'm only comparing to these as I feel categorically speaking, this is similar in marketing and initial texture (not to mention all three are in tubes).

What I like about this is how hydrating and glossy it is under the eyes. It feels wonderful with almost a cooling sensation when applied. It also feels lightweight and comfortable.

The downside is the coverage, which is why I didn't give this 5 lippies. I have pretty dark circles with also slight puffiness (both heredetary) so I really need an opaque coverage, and this doesn't quite get there. However, the caveat of needing all the coverage is the lack of a "natural" appearance under my eyes.

Overall, I'll definitely use this as my everyday concealer! It looks phenomenal in natural sunlight, (which most concealers really show their true colors under the harsh reality of the sun), very hydratying, and semi-decent coverage.