Vaseline Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion

4.2

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil//Huile Minérale, Steareth-21, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tapioca Starch, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Stearyl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Ethylene Brassylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77891

on 1/18/2010 6:41:00 PM

Amazing, wonderful moisturizing lotion. This is definitely one of the better Vaseline lotions. I have tried both the unscented and the one that does have fragrance in it. I prefer the one with fragrance because I don't like the way unscented lotions smell like. This lotion is really creamy and extremely hydrating, especially when my skin is dried out in winter. I still feel it on my skin the next day. However, during the summer its a bit too heavy but during winter, this is a must for me.

on 12/16/2009 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A good everyday body lotion. I rub this onto my skin after I shower and it deeply moisturized my skin. But I do not like the scent (like plastic/glue).

on 9/27/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lotion! I live in Canada, which has hot summers and chilly winters. Your skin is exposed to daily wear and tear and this helps to maintain it back to it's natural balance! The fragranced and unfragranced ones are amazing although I do prefer the unfragranced one a bit more. Super moisturizing and leaves your skin very smooth! Definately will repurchase! Dry skin people must buy!

on 9/24/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lotion feels really slimy compared to other lotions. In fact, it reminds me of liquid plastic between my hands. While it does moisturize, it feels somewhat greasy afterwards. The scent seems like it's directed towards men--it seems as though it's supposed to be unscented but still has a faint unattractive scent.

on 8/21/2009 2:12:00 AM

Alright, so I have a major problem with breaking out to skincare products. I have sensitive skin, and I randomly have allergic reactions to who knows what, so I have figured out I have to be careful with what I choose to put on my skin. I bought this because I was getting a skin reaction from my previous lotion (it was even Lubriderm), especially after I shaved my legs. So I switched to this because it was the one lotion in the drugstore that said Hypoallergenic on it. It has turned out to be a great purchase. It doesn't break me out, and it has no irritating scent. It also is very very moisturizing: like I will put it on at night after I shower, and in the morning I can still literally feel the lotion on my skin. So it is very moisture locking.
Great Purchase, and go to moisturizer for sensitive skin.
:) mo

on 8/9/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Vaseline is amazing. My mother swears by it, and her skin is flawless. I recently moved into an apartment with really bad water that's been drying my hair and skin out horribly. I was initially using lotion from BBW, thinking that at $12 a bottle it should work better than a $3 bottle of Vaseline. My skin was still uncomfortable, and I began developing red splotches of dry skin all over. I finally smartened up and started using Vaseline and my skin feels so much better. The dry patches have cleared up and my skin feels comfortable again. Definitely recommend trying this. If you're not sure, they make sample sizes for $1 to try before you buy the big bottle. =)

on 8/3/2009 10:25:00 AM

This has been my favorite basic moisturizer for many years. They have tweaked the name of it along the way, but it remains an amazingly moisturizing lotion that I use for body, hands, feet, and in the winter, even on my face.

There is no fragrance added to this, so it is great for sensitive skin. I have never had any problem with this causing itching or irritation. The smell of it does not interfere with any other products you may use. It is a nice thick lotion, not runny like some of the other Vaseline lotions are. It does not leave my skin feeling greasy or tacky. It does a great job of healing and preventing dryness. In the winter, when my face gets dry, flaky, and easily irritated, I can use this as a facial moisturizer (usually at night) and it never stings or causes breakouts.

I sometimes buy more expensive lotions, but this is always my standby, and the one I buy most. When I buy something that costs more, I usually regret it, because I quickly realize that the higher price tag does not translate into a better performing product. I keep a large bottle of this in the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom, and also carry a small tube in my purse, so I always have it handy. It is priced very reasonably, and they always seem to run coupons for it, too.

All in all, it's a wonderful product that does what it says, for a very good price.

on 7/8/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

If, like me, you have dry skin problems like eczema, then please consider trying this lotion. I find it really works in managing dry skin. I found it far more effective than medicinal creams like aqueous cream, or diprobase, epiderm etc. It alleviated the dry skin/eczema patches on my inside elbows, and completely got rid of a dry patch on my hand. In fact, I no longer need to use my prescription steroid cream so much any more. After using it and being amazed at the results, I gave a bottle of it to my father (whose dry skin I've inherited), and he too was pleased with the results - his dry skin being far more severe than mine. And he is never pleased with anything new these days! I use it in conjunction with other moisturisers, like Jergens or Palmers, as I don't think it makes my skin look as cosmetically nice these do - probably because they are scented, and a light golden brown colour, and the Vaseline is a white colour with a clinical smell. I tend to use the Vaseline on my arms, where the problem areas are, and the other creams on my legs and torso.

on 6/24/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a great lotion - it moisturizes well, is not too thick/thin, and is not greasy at all. My skin (especially my legs) just soak it right on up!

I have a major concern with it though - it's got parabens and Triethanolamine which aren't good ingredients at all. Therefore, I will not be repurchasing this.
Also, the scent is a turn-off as it smells much like glue! However, it fades away when absorbed into the skin and unfragranced lotions are always a good thing.

on 6/17/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This white moisturizing lotion is hypoallergenic and unfragranced. It contains glycerin to increase moisture and petrolatum to keep in moisture. It does a great job of moisturizing drier body skin. I've also used it on my face as a moisturizer.

Top Rated Vaseline Products