Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 5/15/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely a HG dry shampoo! The store I went to had two verisons to choose from,original or floral scent. I chose the original, the floral was a bit too strong. This does take care of any oiliness and gives u great volume. The original scent is pleasant and not overwhelming. Best dry shampoo I've tried,definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

HG dry shampoo (altho this is only the 2nd one I've used)
Great price - $9 USD
Decent amount in bottle
Packaging is efficient and eye-catching
Scent - rather strong, even after application. I can smell it on myself throughout the day
Performance - very good. provides great oil absorption and great volume

Definitely must buy, I even find this better than the one by Kevin Murphy

on 5/12/2015 11:54:00 PM

This seems to be the only dry shampoo that actually works for me! I have pretty greasy hair, and some days I don't have time to re-wash and style (something comes up, etc) and this is a great option for me. The only reason I took one star off is because it's white, and I mean WHITE. I have (dyed) dark chocolate brown hair and wherever you spray, it's like a little dusting of white powder on your hair. This can make the hair look ashy, although I find that combing well and or using a cool blow dryer helps eliminate the remaining white colour. If I could find the dark coloured version, I would use it, but I'm not overly bummed out about the white at the end of the day. This stuff honestly makes my hair feel fresh all day, and the smell isn't too terrible in my opinion. Didn't aggravate my Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp either. Overall I really like this product, and it seems to be the best thing on the market for my hair right now.

on 5/10/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried this in the Blonde version, which had a really strong unpleasant scent that I hated and smelled on my hair all day, reminding me that my hair was dirty.
I have also tried it in the Tropical version, which has a better coconut scent, but that I still smelled all day, also reminding me that my hair was dirty. And it was white, which just made my hair look grey.

Neither of them really worked all that well. My hair never felt any cleaner and just seemed weighed down at the roots. Definitely didn't give my hair any extra body. Will not buy again.

I don't think I will ever find a drugstore alternative to my favorite dry shampoo, Klorane. That truly is the gold standard; hair feels clean, has body, and doesn't stink of dry shampoo. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 5/7/2015 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

these are great to have around when your hair is a little past its prime & you want to freshen it up & extend it a little longer. tbh i am generally not the biggest fan of the way dry shampoo feels but this is easily my fave one. partly just bc it's the most easily available (ulta) & cheapest one that doesn't test on animals & bc it doesn't contain corn starch which can irritate my scalp. i've mostly used the cherry one but i started getting a little sick of the scent so last time i got the "bright & lively floral essences" one & i like it better. i need very little, just a few quick bursts targeting oily areas. love the cute bottles!

on 5/7/2015 1:42:00 PM

This works the best for me out of about six others that I have tried. It is very good at reducing the oily feeling I get near my roots on day two and three. The original formula sprays on very white, and must be massaged in thoroughly. I would not recommend this for darker hair.

I use a texture spray in addition for volume on day three.

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I was using the Tresemee dry shampoo for the longest time and I hated it. It left a white cast on my brown hair and smelled terrible. I have the brunette variation of the Batiste and I love it. It smells amazing (which is important when you're trying to freshen up your hair), it doesnt leave a white cast, and gives me that extra day before I have to shampoo again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my go to HOLY GRAIL Dry Shampoo of all time! I have tried a few different dry shampoos - from high end to drugstore and this one has them all beat. This gives my hair SO MUCH volume and it literally absorbs every drop of grease and makes it feel as if I just washed my hair even if Im on day 4 of greasiness. I am platinum blonde so I also like that it can kind of camouflage my dark roots when they are growing out. Overall just an amazing dry shampoo my only complaint is that I kind of go through it fast and it is slightly pricey for 8$-9$ at Walgreens. I usually buy these at TJ Maxx because they are only 5$ there. I also love the cherry scented one!

on 4/29/2015 8:03:00 AM

I use this sometimes in between washes and it's great for that. As with any dry shampoo I find it dries my hair out however I only use this for one day and wash my hair the next day. It's great for absorbing excess oil and bringing hair back to life for short term use. I always make sure I have a bottle of this. This is available in different colours e.g brown for brown hair etc, however I prefer the original which is white but just ensure that I have rubbed product in properly. Definitely a staple for me :)

on 4/27/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this product so much. For all the hype, and suggestions from friends- I really wanted to experience the magic. But it just didn't do anything. And I want to clarify that maybe it's just me and my hair type. But I struggled even to find a scent I liked from the whole line. A lot of them gave me a bathroom-vibe. I also dislike the general lack of control with aerosols, it ends up all over my forehead when I'm just trying to get my bangs in order. I gave it two lippies because at least it didn't make my hair worse.

Video Reviews & Tutorials