October 1, 2014 | 1762 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

I agree with many users; as they have stated, the grains are much chunkier than other finishing powders. I was disappointed. I'd even switched from BE to this, but I have to say, BE's mineral veil is a far superior product. I'm still using that instead of the silk dust.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jlieu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the grains are too HUGE, it would scratch your skin. i gave it a 3 because it has good stuff in it. would buy it IF the grains are micro-fine but not as they are right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish you could put "maybe" for "Would you buy this product again?"

Many people love EM Silk Dust. I do not. My sister and I have both tried the product several times and have the same results. It makes us look oilier at the end of the day than if we used no finishing powder at all. Sometimes, I even look streaky. I don't even have really oily skin. Finishing Dust is really the best thing I've tried to look airbrushed and keep the oilies away.

HOWEVER, there is something I like about Silk Dust. It's great as a night treatment. One night I had sunburn...not a bad one, just a fair amount of redness left...and I didn't want to put aloe on right before bed. I tried the silk dust. In the morning, my sunburn was gone.

Last night, my skin was terribly. I wanted to use my Everywears but they can leave your skin looking/feeling greasy for awhile...so I didn't want that on my pillow. I did a light dusting of Silk Dust over the Everywear and this morning my skin looks GREAT!

Would I buy this product again? Maybe. I don't think I would ever buy a full sized Silk Dust again because I just can't use it every day as a primer or finishing powder. But I might keep a mini around for night treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Energize

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very pale and find that this silk dust worn under my foundation gives a very light effect.

I use it to ensure my moisturiser is touch dry so that I get an even application of my Everyday Minerals foundation (I am not very patient).

I never had the silk dust without the blackberry so cannot compare but I like this one fine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I have very oily skin, and always need a finishing powder even over EM's Matte foundation (which is fabulous!). So I tried the Silk Powder, and Tinted Silk Powder, and while I loved the finish of the untinted Silk Powder, it was breaking me out daily!!! I don't understand that, it's supposed to be so great for your skin, but mine unfortunately mine didn't like it! So, I was hesitant to try the Finishing Dust, because it contains Corn Starch, which is supposed to cause breakouts. I break out easily too, but not only is my skin not breaking out, (like from the Silk Powder), it absorbs oil soooo much better than the silk powder as well. BTW I LOVE EVERDAY MINERALS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Lydia731

I like to use the silk dust as my finishing dust. I like the silk dust because it is very light on your skin. As some people have mentioned when you use it it does come off on your skin more white rather than translucent. I have very fair skin so this does not bother me, but for someone with darker skin this may be a problem. I also find that it tones down my blush and the rest of my foundation so if by chance I overdid myself the silk dust serves as a great corrector. I think that this is a great product and I hope that others will give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by yuki_chou

I ordered silk dust in their other versions, tinted silk dust and summer silk dust.
    i like the tinted silk dust better.
    the summer silk dust is so dark in the jar that i almost throw it away. but then, i tried using it, and it looks ok. the powder seems to be transparent so you don't get the colour much.
    anyway, so far so good. i have smooth skin, and is in love with EDM.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I ordered this product it really was smooth & soft as silk and made my skin look so smooth and airbrushed. I wore it under my EM foundation and it controlled shine & masked pores like a primer. I was very pleased so I re-ordered....
    Well, the new one I received was VERY grainy. It was too scratchy to apply to my skin & left a rough looking texture.
    I complained & they sent me a new one. It is better, but I realized the pure silk dust is no longer pure. They added black currant powder to it as a preservative. I understand the need for a preservative, but the product suffers from it.

My replacement is not unusable as the last one was, but it is still not nearly as silky as the original pure silk dust. I apply it with a fluffy powder brush and it looks smooth enough, but I mourn the super soft feel & airbrushed finish it no longer gives. It still helps controls oil, but I am not happy enough with it anymore to buy it again.

Edit: Since I have a ton left, I am actually using it now to soak up oil in my hair when I am in between washings. I dust a little in my roots and comb it through & it works great to absorb oil & add volume. I'm a brunette, but as long as I comb it through well it does not turn my hair grey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I really wanted to love this product. It sounded so lovely in the description. I've used this as a finishing powder after my EM foundation but I found it dried out my skin and made it produce MORE oil. I also noticed that it made me look older. This has only happened with this product. I suppose I could use this as a primer. I also found it quite grainy and less fine like other powders from this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by creativethinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Esucceed, I would of sent it back to the manufacturer to get my refund. I am surprise EDM didn't offer you a refund. You should be able to...