September 1, 2014 | 1504 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first powder highlighter that I've bought. I've always been skeptical with highlighters because they always look to shimmery or glittery. I quite like it but I don't love it. It looks beautiful on the pan and on the skin. It's a very pale almost white beige that gives a sheen to the skin where applied. You do not need much to get the effect you desire. No crazy discoball face either! I apply this to my cupids bow and cheek bones. Looks lovely in both sunlight and indoor lighting.

I would repurchase, but I don't see myself running out anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I'm not that impressed. This perfectly serves its function, but I feel like so would a sheer shimmery white eyeshadow. I tried using Jordana Snowy White eyeshadow and it looked extremely similar. Highlighters have their nuances like all makeup products, and in this case the biggest difference is that the Jordana eyeshadow's white base is more pigmented and you have to use a light hand with it. With MAC Lightscapade, if you only want a natural looking glow, a light-medium hand is fine. It looks like it gives a dewy glow as opposed to LOOK AT MY SHIMMERY DEWY CHEEKS. However, I find myself needing several swipes or a heavy hand so it can waste a bit of time. Then again, I'd rather look not dewy enough than way too shiny. I sort of bought it so I could resell it for a higher price, then I ended up liking it enough to keep. :P

All the same though - I'd be totally happy using any of my other highlighters like CoverGirl Snow Plum (what an unsung hero! This is slightly iridescent white-champagney pink) , Boots Shimmering Lotion, Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana, Wet 'n' Wild Acapulco Glow etc. In no way is MAC Lightscapade something I'd always repurchase, mostly because there are outstanding cheaper options.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by truebluelady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG highlighter. I swear I am in love. It gives a beautiful angelic glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

a nice powder highlighter for cheekbones, I wish this was permanent. Use it pretty much everyday with a mac 187 brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup90844

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this products ,its the perfect highlight color without being to shiny or sparkly it just gives you a healthy glow,will definitely be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sianlb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product as it was the first MSF I had tried. I was keen to find a highlighter and seeing as this one was raved about after it's first release, I snapped it up when it showed up on shelves again.
I have to say I am all in all disappointed with this product. Firstly, I managed to get a bake with very little marbling in it, there are some blue veins running through mine but hardly any of the coral so if you're buying make sure you're bossy with which one you take home!
Secondly, the product pay off just isn't what I was hoping for and I find it quite difficult to achieve even a subtle highlight. I'm an NC30 so perhaps I am just a touch too dark for this powder? The MUA assured me it would be fine but surprise surprise I think that was all for the sale. It works okay when I use a bit of Mac Fix + on the brush to wet it before applying, but overall that's a lot of hassle and I just don't reach for this often enough to justify the price.

I know a lot of people love this product so don't write it out on my account, but personally I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Mine is like the third picture- mostly whitish with a little of the colored veining in it. It is pretty on- very natural highlighted look that I really like. This one and perfect topping are my fav highlighters and I alternate between them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying a lot of highlighters lately. I've had a difficult time getting one that works. Albatross was way too gold. Whisper of gilt too dark and yellow. Nars Copacabana illuminator too thin and greasy looking. Anyway, at first I didn't like this all that much. But after using it for a couple months it's really grown on me. It doesn't seem that special, just a light highlighter that's colorless and not too disco ball but not greasy looking either. I wouldn't pay tons for it on ebay though. I'd try Hard Candy Tiki bronzer or Lorac perfectly lit if you can't get this. They may not be dupes but they are great highlighters.
Edit: 3/23/13 I've seen a lot of "finishing powders" come out like the NARS light reflecting setting powder or guerlain meteorites. I decided to try and use this in a similar fashion. So after I do all my makeup, very last I use a little extremely lightly all over my face. It's a fun change and it helps liven up really matte foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ivoryjade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG highlighting product! This is so beautiful - not only in the pan, but on my cheeks it also looks gorgeous. Unlike Soft and Gentle, it's not a total glitterbomb. It creates a very natural glow and I've received compliments on both my skin and makeup since I've added this to my everyday routine and I couldn't be happier! It looks fantastic with my PPP skin (NC10), I'm not sure how it fairs for darker skintones but for pale girls this is a winner. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I've been searching for a while, and I think I've found my HG highlight. I sweep it across my cheekbones and brow bone to give myself a healthy, glowy look that looks natural and not shimmery and fake looking. I tried MAC's soft and gentle, but it was too shimmery for my taste, it looked quite silver-y and over powering. It would be better for a night out, or when there is very dim lighting. But I can just use Lightscapade for that by just applying a bit more than usual. It really does give me the perfect glowy and dewy look. I was sold on it 100% when I got 3 compliments by friends on the same day saying I looked very glowy and tan (I wasn't wearing any different makeup than usual expect for this highlight, plus I'm quite pale...). It is rather expensive, but there's a ton of product, this will last forever. Most other highlights (like nars albatross) are around the same price but have half as much product. The only problem is that I'm scared that I'll drop it and it will shatter and I'll end up wasting so much product. I wish it was half as big and half the price, it would be more convenient in my opinion, but I won't complain too much, this stuff is the best!!