MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

4.2

Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol. May contain: silica, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

on 3/7/2013 7:48:00 AM

Maybe I'm using the wrong brush to apply this, although I wouldn't think so (I use the real techniques blush brush). But I get nothing out of this blush. It's as if there's no pigment at all, I don't notice a different to my face when I use it. Maybe I will have to use a lot of a heavier hand and a different brush which picks up more product but I didn't expect this to be so un - pigmented!

on 1/31/2013 7:16:00 AM

this is my go-to blush! Love love loveeee! Looks so great on my asian skin. I'm almost out of it and it's super awesome! The blush itself isnt powdery and doesnt make the package messy. gonna be a staple in my collection.

on 1/30/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a tricky one. It's a bubble-gum, cool toned pink color - which I never used before, out of fear that it would look exactly so. But of course, you have to factor in your own skintone with the blush to know the final result.

One pro is that pink blushes are devoid of turning brown, like many redder and peacher blushes look after oxidation. HOWEVER, this may end up looking blue or purple on someone with a very yellow undertone who is darker than say NC30. Possibly, I'm saying. I was wearing NC25 with this and I noticed after a few hours it sorta faded to this purplish pink shade. Not pretty.

Most ideal for someone with fari to light skin and cool undertones. I think they would look gorgeous with this + pale lip + smokey eyes. But I'm a little too tan to be wearing it.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. When using certain brushes, the color payoff is very poor. With other brushes though, it's a really pretty color. When my skin is paler it shows up better. Overall, it's a pretty good blush.

on 1/24/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love this blush, I was in the market for a baby pink blush and this one ticks all the boxes. I love pink blushes as they go well with my pale (nc15) skin. I don't have to use too much of this it just leaves a really nice pale pink flush to my cheeks. I could see it maybe being slightly too light for darker skin tones, but if you are pale its a really nice, subtle pop of pink. Definitely a staple in my make up bag and I wear it almost everyday, would recommend and buy again.

on 1/20/2013 12:17:00 PM

I'm NC 20 and it does show up on me a bit. I've had this blush foir 3 years- yes, 3 years! And for a satin its super shimmery but I think next time I'm trying dame.

I do like this blush, but unfortunately it is a bit too light for me, I am NC20 skintone, and for some reason this blush shows up quite faint on my cheeks. it is a beautiful baby pink colour in the pan,its cool toned with a slight silver shimmer to it.
i have to layer this blush quite a bit, and i mainly wear it during the winter without any bronzer and it looks very natural.
im not sure if i would repurchase this particular shade, i might when i run out and am in the market for a new baby pink blush!
would recommend it to very pale people who are looking for a natural flushed blush colour.

on 12/21/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good blush from MAC, it is a very light pink with a hint of shimmer. It is very natural and you wouldn't know you had blusher on with this as it gives a slight flush to the skin but if built up 2/3 times it is more vibrant. Not amazing but still worthy of a second purchase.

on 12/3/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am still on a learning curve with blush, and have a hard time getting a blush to look soft and natural on my cheeks (even though I use a duo fiber brush). With MAC Well Dressed, I can get a soft pop of light pink on my cheeks fairly easily. The powder is smooth and finely milled and the color can be built up to be very pigmented. One swipe on my cheeks is all I need to get a naturally flushed color. I love it! For reference, I am NC25.

on 10/21/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well Dressed is a blue toned pink with a tiny bit of shimmer. I think its like the cousin of Pink Swoon with shimmer. I alternate with the two but I find they give about the same color payoff on my NC5 skin.

Popular Blush Products