April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Treatments - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gossmakeupartist

It always make me laugh sprays that are meant to "fix" your makeup. Do they really work? Yes and no. Lets forget this as a fixing spray (though it can somewhat fix it) and lets look at this as something that brings back "life" to the skin once foundation, powder, concealer, bronzer, etc... are all in place. When we set our foundation the face can sometimes appear "too matte" and thats not pretty (at least not to me) so i use this to bring back radiance to the skin. To make the skin look like skin. I adore this stuff. I use it all the time expect on the most oily skin.
To me i could not be without this.
Perfection in a bottle for radiant healthy gorgeous skin.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw a review on this and itís suppose to be better than Macís fix plus spray, so I decided to put it to the test myself. It does work and help with my foundation to last longer, But Honestly I donít really see a huge difference between this and Macís fix plus. So I guess it just depends on which brand you would prefer to purchase from, I would probably continue to use my Macís fix plus because Iíve been using it for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Cauadalie elixir to take the cakiness/flakiness away I find the minty smell cloying. I bought this for $8 at sephora for the .84floz to try it out. I have not been impressed by Make up for ever brand, but I actually like this stuff. reviewers below have complained about the spray and I agree, spray from afar or you will bathe in it. I usually spray it and walk into the mist. Keeps my make up on especially the blush its the first one to go since I have very oily skin. Just the small size of this product will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year to use on my wedding day. I put my did my make up around
1:00pm, went to a botanical
garden to take pictures under
the hot Caribbean sun at 2:30pm and got married at
4:30pm. When the party was
over (around 12 am) my make
up was still flawless. I had to
blot and reply lipstick twice
during the day, but that was it.
My skin, specially my nose is
extremely oily and this product along with MAC Prep+Prime visage SPF 50 keep the shine away for hours. My point this product really really works. Yes, it is expensive and the mist is not actually a mist, but you learn how to deal with it. I don't know what people expect from this because in my case it did what it promised: it made my make up last longer. I don't get how can people give a low score to a product when they admit don't know how it is
supposed to work, what is it for or how to use it =\

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

Not actually sure how this helps any read great reviews about it on sephora's site but um does nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product for many times but I cannot see a big difference. I don't understand women who say that they see a huge difference. Moreover the price is ridiculous. 22 euros for a bottle??? (not the travel size) It's like paying 22 euros for water!!! If I see any difference I will update my review for sure but till now I haven't seen any big difference. It is also called fix and mist but this is not mist but rain!! I have to cover my hair with a piece of cloth or a T-shirt everytime I use this product because my hair becomes so wet!!!!!! Not a great investment... :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not entirely sure whether this works or not after several trys. It does help to hold the makeup on my cheek longer (the oil doesn't come out as fast), but does nothing to my T-zone especially my nose. I'm not sure whats the use of it on me afterall, since my nose is the area that requires the most touchups.

I did notice that it absorbs fairly quickly and does not clog pores or make the skin unable to breathe. Not sure I should return it or not...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I heard so many great things about it holding makeup in place. I had no such success. This did nothing to set my makeup. I felt like I had not done anything extra and with that price tag; it is a waste. I also seemed to have an allergic reaction to it. My skin was bright red all over and as long as I used this, the red stayed in place. So this is being returned to Sephora. I would not recommend to anyone with acne, sensitive skin. At least for me with those problems, this aggravated my skin heavily. I also have to agree with other reviews on the spray. It does not really mist as much as it sprays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by LvrsVixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i recently bought this product and wanted to give it a try because i am busy 24/7 literaly. i love this. i got to school and work full time 7 days a week and like any other woman i cant walkout with no makeup on thats just disaster waiting to happen. the only downside is that you have to get used to the spray. it says mist but u have to practice at it. i wasnt a fan of the price but the travel size itself was worth it. it really does last quite a while if you really know how to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I love, love, love this. Over the summer, I worked ten hour days at an outdoor camp where I would be playing sports in direct sunlight and swimming several times during the day. I also have extremely oily skin that causes my make-up to slide off pretty quickly (even with a good primer). This product made my make-up waterproof, sweatproof, and oilproof--my face would look almost perfect by the time I went home.
As others have said, the bottle doesn't produce a "mist" as much as it produces a spritz, and if you hold it too close to your face it will ruin your make-up. However, I found that, with a little practice, it's not an issue.
My only complaint about this product is the price. I'd love to find a cheaper alternative to this (I've tried Ben Nye's Final Seal and Sephora's "Tricks of the Trade" Makeup Setting Mist as alternatives, and felt that both of them paled in comparison to this), but if I can't, then I would definitely buy this again. It's worth it.