November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Treatments (Face) - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by ck007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing this product after coming home after getting my face battered in the new york snowstorm. Wind, snow, extreme cold -- you name it; my face got lots of it. So I get home and I check my make-up: to see how well the mist & fix kept it on. And voila, the make up was still perfect! The foundation wasn't streaked or caked, brows were good, eye shadow good. So I'm very happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by nedabee

"mist" - yes
"fix" - no

it's refreshing, but i don't get the fix part. it didn't fix my make up at all. for refreshing, i'd rather mist my face with Evian spray/mist.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ernestocasillas

Love it! freshens up the makeup and makes it look...so much better!

For those saying that it doesn't spray evenly, heres what I do;

I spray a little, then spray a paper towel and pat.. it ensures that the product will apply more evnely, end even removes excess makeup, just a tiny bit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gossmakeupartist

It always make me laugh sprays that are meant to "fix" your makeup. Do they really work? Yes and no. Lets forget this as a fixing spray (though it can somewhat fix it) and lets look at this as something that brings back "life" to the skin once foundation, powder, concealer, bronzer, etc... are all in place. When we set our foundation the face can sometimes appear "too matte" and thats not pretty (at least not to me) so i use this to bring back radiance to the skin. To make the skin look like skin. I adore this stuff. I use it all the time expect on the most oily skin.
To me i could not be without this.
Perfection in a bottle for radiant healthy gorgeous skin.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw a review on this and itís suppose to be better than Macís fix plus spray, so I decided to put it to the test myself. It does work and help with my foundation to last longer, But Honestly I donít really see a huge difference between this and Macís fix plus. So I guess it just depends on which brand you would prefer to purchase from, I would probably continue to use my Macís fix plus because Iíve been using it for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Cauadalie elixir to take the cakiness/flakiness away I find the minty smell cloying. I bought this for $8 at sephora for the .84floz to try it out. I have not been impressed by Make up for ever brand, but I actually like this stuff. reviewers below have complained about the spray and I agree, spray from afar or you will bathe in it. I usually spray it and walk into the mist. Keeps my make up on especially the blush its the first one to go since I have very oily skin. Just the small size of this product will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year to use on my wedding day. I put my did my make up around
1:00pm, went to a botanical
garden to take pictures under
the hot Caribbean sun at 2:30pm and got married at
4:30pm. When the party was
over (around 12 am) my make
up was still flawless. I had to
blot and reply lipstick twice
during the day, but that was it.
My skin, specially my nose is
extremely oily and this product along with MAC Prep+Prime visage SPF 50 keep the shine away for hours. My point this product really really works. Yes, it is expensive and the mist is not actually a mist, but you learn how to deal with it. I don't know what people expect from this because in my case it did what it promised: it made my make up last longer. I don't get how can people give a low score to a product when they admit don't know how it is
supposed to work, what is it for or how to use it =\

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

Not actually sure how this helps any read great reviews about it on sephora's site but um does nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product for many times but I cannot see a big difference. I don't understand women who say that they see a huge difference. Moreover the price is ridiculous. 22 euros for a bottle??? (not the travel size) It's like paying 22 euros for water!!! If I see any difference I will update my review for sure but till now I haven't seen any big difference. It is also called fix and mist but this is not mist but rain!! I have to cover my hair with a piece of cloth or a T-shirt everytime I use this product because my hair becomes so wet!!!!!! Not a great investment... :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not entirely sure whether this works or not after several trys. It does help to hold the makeup on my cheek longer (the oil doesn't come out as fast), but does nothing to my T-zone especially my nose. I'm not sure whats the use of it on me afterall, since my nose is the area that requires the most touchups.

I did notice that it absorbs fairly quickly and does not clog pores or make the skin unable to breathe. Not sure I should return it or not...