Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 6/14/2010 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in place of UD All Nighter because they were sold out. The SA said that this is basically the same thing. I've used this over powder foundations and liquid foundations. It seems to do a slightly better job over powder foundation. When distributed evenly over the skin the product is GREAT at controlling the oil. I apply makeup at 6am and I usually have to touch up at 9ish. With this properly applied, I can go until noon before touching up. And my face FEELS clean and not in the least bit oily even if I don't touch up. And it hasn't broken me out after 3 weeks of use. The major downfall of this product is the spray. It distributes the product SO UNEVENLY!!! I'll have way too much product on parts of my face and not so much on the other parts. Then in an attempt to even it out I'll have drenched my face with this - about 5-7 squirts. Too much product leaves my face feeling a bit tacky and shiny. Not what I want. The days though that I do it right it's a great product. I'll try spraying it on a brush and apply it that way to see if it's any better. Would I repurchase? Most likely not. I still want Urban Decay All Nighter spray. Also, I don't think this would be a good product for those with dry-ish skin. The clean feeling I mentioned earlier, my face also felt a little tight which I quite enjoyed because I've never had that feeling before:)

PROS: Maybe this works for some because they like something sticky/tacky. Maybe that holds their makeup better?

CONS: Too sticky for me. Also, was it my imagination, or did this have a slight glitter effect to it?

ALTERNATES: I tried Urban Decay's version of this in the store too...and like it MUCH more than this because it's not sticky.

on 5/9/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't set my makeup at all and it certainly doesn't make it last any longer. What it does do is hydrate my makeup just the tiniest bit so that it doesn't look as powdery. I'm sure a mist of plain water would work just as well. I honestly can't tell any difference between this product and MAC Fix + but I will not be repurchase and stick with Fix + since Mist and Fix has a horrible smell that really bothers me. I really can't stand the smell and have stopped using Mist and Fix. It smells a little poopy to me. At least Fix + smells nice and sprays a finer mist. If the smell doesn't bother you then this is a nice product to have...not essential but nice.

on 4/25/2010 7:50:00 AM

It's not really misty. Mist is something that comes from an aerosol can and this is a spray bottle so it doesn't spray evenly in terms of the size of the droplets that come out. However it gives my make-up great staying power! I'm not sure if I will purchase again only because I like to try different products but I will probably buy a travel size in the future.

on 3/12/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My makeup routine, now, has to be the best yet, but it's not perfect and not where I would like it to be which is looking like perfect, clear, flawless skin....I'm not sure that's possible but...anyway, the review: I do believe this mist is contributing to my "pretty good" made up face! I have VERY oily skin, huge pores with scars and cystic acne and make up melts away on me, cakes, slides etc etc. With my smashbox photofinish primer, estee lauder double wear (applied with makeup brush), MUFE HD powder and this setting spray...I blot once a day and that's it. I don't even put another layer of powder over my face like I would usually 2 or 3 times a day. The only place I still cake are my smile lines and the creases of my nose but that would only contribute to putting a little more on in those areas then I should have, my bad. This routine is getting me through some pretty horrible skin issues right now, I wouldn't leave home without doing this, ever. Heartbreaking, but it is what it is. I would try it, it's only 8 bucks.

on 2/26/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am reviewing this product after coming home after getting my face battered in the new york snowstorm. Wind, snow, extreme cold -- you name it; my face got lots of it. So I get home and I check my make-up: to see how well the mist & fix kept it on. And voila, the make up was still perfect! The foundation wasn't streaked or caked, brows were good, eye shadow good. So I'm very happy!

on 1/14/2010 3:43:00 AM

"mist" - yes
"fix" - no

it's refreshing, but i don't get the fix part. it didn't fix my make up at all. for refreshing, i'd rather mist my face with Evian spray/mist.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! freshens up the makeup and makes it look...so much better!

For those saying that it doesn't spray evenly, heres what I do;

I spray a little, then spray a paper towel and pat.. it ensures that the product will apply more evnely, end even removes excess makeup, just a tiny bit

It always make me laugh sprays that are meant to "fix" your makeup. Do they really work? Yes and no. Lets forget this as a fixing spray (though it can somewhat fix it) and lets look at this as something that brings back "life" to the skin once foundation, powder, concealer, bronzer, etc... are all in place. When we set our foundation the face can sometimes appear "too matte" and thats not pretty (at least not to me) so i use this to bring back radiance to the skin. To make the skin look like skin. I adore this stuff. I use it all the time expect on the most oily skin.
To me i could not be without this.
Perfection in a bottle for radiant healthy gorgeous skin.

on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I saw a review on this and itís suppose to be better than Macís fix plus spray, so I decided to put it to the test myself. It does work and help with my foundation to last longer, But Honestly I donít really see a huge difference between this and Macís fix plus. So I guess it just depends on which brand you would prefer to purchase from, I would probably continue to use my Macís fix plus because Iíve been using it for years.

Popular Treatments (Face)