Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 4/25/2010 7:50:00 AM

It's not really misty. Mist is something that comes from an aerosol can and this is a spray bottle so it doesn't spray evenly in terms of the size of the droplets that come out. However it gives my make-up great staying power! I'm not sure if I will purchase again only because I like to try different products but I will probably buy a travel size in the future.

on 3/12/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My makeup routine, now, has to be the best yet, but it's not perfect and not where I would like it to be which is looking like perfect, clear, flawless skin....I'm not sure that's possible but...anyway, the review: I do believe this mist is contributing to my "pretty good" made up face! I have VERY oily skin, huge pores with scars and cystic acne and make up melts away on me, cakes, slides etc etc. With my smashbox photofinish primer, estee lauder double wear (applied with makeup brush), MUFE HD powder and this setting spray...I blot once a day and that's it. I don't even put another layer of powder over my face like I would usually 2 or 3 times a day. The only place I still cake are my smile lines and the creases of my nose but that would only contribute to putting a little more on in those areas then I should have, my bad. This routine is getting me through some pretty horrible skin issues right now, I wouldn't leave home without doing this, ever. Heartbreaking, but it is what it is. I would try it, it's only 8 bucks.

on 2/26/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am reviewing this product after coming home after getting my face battered in the new york snowstorm. Wind, snow, extreme cold -- you name it; my face got lots of it. So I get home and I check my make-up: to see how well the mist & fix kept it on. And voila, the make up was still perfect! The foundation wasn't streaked or caked, brows were good, eye shadow good. So I'm very happy!

on 1/14/2010 3:43:00 AM

"mist" - yes
"fix" - no

it's refreshing, but i don't get the fix part. it didn't fix my make up at all. for refreshing, i'd rather mist my face with Evian spray/mist.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! freshens up the makeup and makes it look...so much better!

For those saying that it doesn't spray evenly, heres what I do;

I spray a little, then spray a paper towel and pat.. it ensures that the product will apply more evnely, end even removes excess makeup, just a tiny bit

It always make me laugh sprays that are meant to "fix" your makeup. Do they really work? Yes and no. Lets forget this as a fixing spray (though it can somewhat fix it) and lets look at this as something that brings back "life" to the skin once foundation, powder, concealer, bronzer, etc... are all in place. When we set our foundation the face can sometimes appear "too matte" and thats not pretty (at least not to me) so i use this to bring back radiance to the skin. To make the skin look like skin. I adore this stuff. I use it all the time expect on the most oily skin.
To me i could not be without this.
Perfection in a bottle for radiant healthy gorgeous skin.

on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I saw a review on this and itís suppose to be better than Macís fix plus spray, so I decided to put it to the test myself. It does work and help with my foundation to last longer, But Honestly I donít really see a huge difference between this and Macís fix plus. So I guess it just depends on which brand you would prefer to purchase from, I would probably continue to use my Macís fix plus because Iíve been using it for years.

on 12/14/2009 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been using the Cauadalie elixir to take the cakiness/flakiness away I find the minty smell cloying. I bought this for $8 at sephora for the .84floz to try it out. I have not been impressed by Make up for ever brand, but I actually like this stuff. reviewers below have complained about the spray and I agree, spray from afar or you will bathe in it. I usually spray it and walk into the mist. Keeps my make up on especially the blush its the first one to go since I have very oily skin. Just the small size of this product will last me a long time.

on 12/12/2009 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this last year to use on my wedding day. I put my did my make up around
1:00pm, went to a botanical
garden to take pictures under
the hot Caribbean sun at 2:30pm and got married at
4:30pm. When the party was
over (around 12 am) my make
up was still flawless. I had to
blot and reply lipstick twice
during the day, but that was it.
My skin, specially my nose is
extremely oily and this product along with MAC Prep+Prime visage SPF 50 keep the shine away for hours. My point this product really really works. Yes, it is expensive and the mist is not actually a mist, but you learn how to deal with it. I don't know what people expect from this because in my case it did what it promised: it made my make up last longer. I don't get how can people give a low score to a product when they admit don't know how it is
supposed to work, what is it for or how to use it =\

on 11/6/2009 5:32:00 PM

Not actually sure how this helps any read great reviews about it on sephora's site but um does nothing for me.

Popular Treatments (Face)