April 17, 2014 | 1070 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by BlessedBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation broke me out so bad I had huge pimples all over my face. It just felt so heavy and greasy I hated it the worst foundation I've ever tried! Would not recommend at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mia0815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I have to say that the coverage of this product and the finish it leaves it pretty amazing. It makes your skin look very even with a dewy glow.
I started using it about 5 months ago and really liked it in the beginning.
After about 3-4 weeks of using it I started breaking out big time, especially on my cheeks, my neck and my jawline.
I used to have puberty acne in my teens but rather on my T-Zone and I had been having it pretty much under control for the last 7 years. Also, I never had this cystic, really painful acne that I started to develop.
I first didn't connect the break out with the foundation since I had also started using a different cleanser, toner and cream at the same time and I had also never before reacted badly to any foundation.
After stopping anything else though that I used before and using acne products (BTW - I started using Exposed skincare, it's pretty amazing) I figured out that it could only be the foundation.
Also, friends of mine have been saying that they broke out after using the MAC studio tech foundation.
I stopped using it now and my skin is turning back to normal. I'm now back to using MAC pro longwear and Sisley phyto teint eclat. Both are great!
Again, looks great on your skin but I guess you can only use this foundation if you are not acne prone at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by 50sstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First love the color NC 45. Perfect match. MAC is not that expensive and the sponge that comes with compact is a good one. Only drawback? This broke me out big time! I had to stop using it after a week and see a dermatologist for the acne and dark spots I developed. And I don't just mean whiteheads or red bumps. I had large tender bumps under he skin. Guess some people have negative reactions and some don't. A friend of mine also broke out badly with this foundation, but I also have a friend that's been wearing it for years and has never had a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, good coverage and lovely finish, just try to use a flat top brush to apply or else you will hit pan in no time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by leah8590

I love this product so far! The only flaws I have found is layering can be a little on the cakey side, and the product runs out fairly quickly. I love this cream consistency for my oily skin. For me, it stays on all day with about medium coverage. I you have MAC face and body foundation, but that on and then Studio Tech. Those put together are flawless! Atleast on me :) Also, if you have the E.L.F. studio powder brush (flat top), try using that to apply Studio Tech. It makes a flawless look with a little bit more coverage! I also LOVE the packaging on this product, just wish it would last me a little longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

Good and bad. Perfect colour match, good coverage, feels great, doesn't look cakey. The only bad thing is that it doesn't last very long. For what you pay anyways.. I have probably used it 10 times and I have hit the pan. It also dries out easy. Perhaps I got a bad batch but nonetheless I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the foundation that I ALWAYS go back to. It is perfect for my sensitive skin and it covers the redness I have due to my malar rash that I get from systemic lupus. Although it looks like it can be a thick foundation, you can apply it in a thin or thick layer, whichever you prefer it goes on smooth is is very blendable. Besides coverage I love that when I wear this foundation I do not feel it on my skin at all!
It photographs great too which is always a bonus! I use a brush to apply. I use either my Clinique foundation brush, my Real Techniques buffing brush or my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brushes. I never use the sponge (that comes in the compact) for application. I only use it if I need a quick touch up which I hardly do. This foundation will last me close to 8 hours without retouching maybe more.
People say that MAC foundations break them out but I believe it must be the skin care they use because this foundation is TERRIFFIC! It does not make me break out or irritate my skin at all.
I use NC27 because I am neutral skin tone, with light-medium color. With a tan I am NC35.
Hope this review helps when making a choice in picking out a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I am an NW25 in this and I really really love this stuff. I use it all over my face with a foundation brush when I feel I need a full coverage look,but most of the time I use it as a concealer and then put the studio fix over it and they both work very well together. The only bad thing is that I have only been using it for a few weeks now and have already have used a lot of product and wilL probably hit pan soon. Other then that I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by amandatindal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited for this product because I was told it has great coverage, but when I tried it on it appeared to be super streaky and way too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by magshipmom

OK, I almost returned this 2 days after I purchased it, but glad I didn't! The key to this foundation is to use a fluffy, rounded foundation brush, like Sephora's Pro Airbrush...NOT a flat foundation brush. The flat foundation brushes and/or the sponge the Studio Tech comes with, causes you to use waaaayyyy too much product, and WILL LOOK CAKEY. The brush is the key...lightly tap your rounded brush onto the foundation. Then, tap onto your skin and begin swirling. Use a sponge such as a Beuty Blender, and go over your face, removing any excess foundation left on the skin.

I have a ton of hyperpigmentation, and this gives me beautiful coverage. Giving 4 lippies because it is not easy to apply.